BSRI vs Warranty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Beemerc

Club Guest
Hi All,We are due to collect the 323i (E90) Year 2011 from AB (Premium Selection) probably tomorrow. However, I noticed on the sales order the note that says BSRI expires on 1/03/2016, which is 5 years from the original registration date of March 2011.I was told by the Sales Advsior that the warranty is 12 months from the date of my purchase.My question is that will my periodic servicing be at no cost up to 2016 on the premise that I send it back to AB at the required intervals?Appreciate your feedback. Many thanks in advance.regards...

My car have BSRI until 2016 but BMW only provide FOC oil change for every 20k usage. Now what i did was the 1st 10k i will send back to AB or IA for oil change at my own cost and the next 10k FOC. I would like to know if i change my 1st 10k oil at any workshop outside, will it effect the BSRI program? Thanks

magpie;842108 said:
My car have BSRI until 2016 but BMW only provide FOC oil change for every 20k usage. Now what i did was the 1st 10k i will send back to AB or IA for oil change at my own cost and the next 10k FOC. I would like to know if i change my 1st 10k oil at any workshop outside, will it effect the BSRI program? Thanks

For the bolded part, no. Provided workshop outside uses original BMW oil filter and does not reset the oil service interval on OBD/iDrive.

If you can ... Tell them drop the 5 years BSRI for a discount. Why? Because:

- BSRI is costed in and costs more than outside workshop
- you warranty finishes in a year, if you want to buy Opal etc. you must only use their panel. BMW is not part of it

Only worry about no BSRI is only pads, brake rotor and belts.

Thanks guys.... Looks like i still need to go back to BMW for my 10k interval service then :(. have to pay more then.

bro tIANcI,

Too late now.... Already been driving it for the past one year. So cant drop the BSRI already.

tIANcI;842128 said:
If you can ... Tell them drop the 5 years BSRI for a discount. Why? Because:

- BSRI is costed in and costs more than outside workshop
- you warranty finishes in a year, if you want to buy Opal etc. you must only use their panel. BMW is not part of it

Only worry about no BSRI is only pads, brake rotor and belts.

Bsri only covers free oil change, pads, rotor n belts? Others like parts n labour r chargeable?

I may hv wrong perception s I tot bsri refers to free maintenance for yrs covered ie 3/5...oops

Top Bottom