BSRI service items replaced

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sh_Callum

Club Guest
Just sent my car to AB for my first BSRI service. What I was told, they replaced engine oil, filter and wiper. What about other dealers such as Tian Siang, Quill and etc ? Anything extra as compare to mine ?

My 1st service clocked at 8,200km (engine oil turned yellow triangle), next service clocked at 9,000km instead of 12,000km.

I think air cond filter also from what you listed in my first service. Did mine at 7200km odometer reading and next interval is 9000km

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to confirm the filter was replaced ? Should I go back to them ?
What about wheel alignment and balancing ?

I remember the technician bring out a bunch of parts and the Air cond filter was mentioned from my conversation with him.

Alignment and balancing have never been part of BSRI coverage. At least not to my knowledge.

Try give them a call and see if it is unintentionally left out or ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alignment and wheel balancing is not part of BSRI. They charge around RM800+ for that service. Better to get those done at the tyre shops outside.

Mavik said:
Alignment and wheel balancing is not part of BSRI. They charge around RM800+ for that service. Better to get those done at the tyre shops outside.
Huh? RM800+ which service centre is that?
I did it for RM300++

Mavik said:
Wow that's a lot of money there. I did mine at MP Auto @ Sunway for around RM170 earlier this year and they even helped my clean the inner part of my wheels!

seancorr said:
Wow that's a lot of money there. I did mine at MP Auto @ Sunway for around RM170 earlier this year and they even helped my clean the inner part of my wheels!
Thats cheap, normally for 3-series they charge RM183 inclusive of service charge.

Just curious why did they reduce the service interval to 9000KM? I mean I thought 12,000KM is the magic number when you purchased it and they will stick to it regardless of the current interval for newly registered vehicles?

My friends 320i had the interval set at 27,000km and that didn't change even after BMW reduced the interval to 12,000km.

prodigy said:
Just curious why did they reduce the service interval to 9000KM? I mean I thought 12,000KM is the magic number when you purchased it and they will stick to it regardless of the current interval for newly registered vehicles?

My friends 320i had the interval set at 27,000km and that didn't change even after BMW reduced the interval to 12,000km.
Driving behaviour, mine was set at 12k, it came down to 10k.
If i continue to "rempit" once awhile & heavy traffic jam, at my current reading it will be less than 10k

No idea why it was set at 9,000km for a fresh start right after the service. Anyway, it is always good for me.

Mavik said:
Thats cheap, normally for 3-series they charge RM183 inclusive of service charge.
Not fair leh. They charged me $190 woh. How come got different rate for the same car? I will question them when I go for my next alignment service.

prodigy said:

Your service interval will depend on when you bought your 3 series. Earlier batches of F30s have a service interval of 30k. Only newer batches of F30s come with 12k service interval. Once set into iDrive, the service interval cannot be changed. However, you can always service your car at a shorter interval at your own cost. Just remember not to reset your service counter.

As I understand, when the engine oil showing a yellow triangle (go iDrive for checking engine oil), the car is ready to send for service even though the car hasn't reach the threshold as set. For my case, the threshold is 9,000km, but my car was clocked at 8,200km.

Another say from my SA, when your car mileage is below 1,000km from th threshold setting, the car is ready to send for service.

So, the criteria is not exactly based on the threshold setting but near to it, I supposed.

Back before the launch of the F30, whenever the service indicator hit below 4000km we could service the car under BSRI. Only last year I remembered them changing that.

Top Bottom