BMW E46 325 Sports Edition

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Love the bodykits, projector headlights sport with lambar seats.

If it comes with SMG gearbox...These goodies are even worth it.

What about the hifi loudspeaker system that they are giving ? Is it a harmon kardon system ? Btw I went to naza on saturday and saw a 2002 330i going for for Rm285000. I heard that u can still obtain more discounts. Checked the vin and they matched as what is displayed on the car. This 330 also comes with the body kit but however they are running on the 17 inch rim. Anyone out there rode a 330i before .. lots of difference ? I believe so.

B) i love 330i...231hp damn!!
Doesn't matter about the rims, you can upgrade it later. If you get this car, you will be among the fastest in 3 series saloon.

I notice Naza usually post up a very HIGH price on the paper sticked on the windscreen. Anyone know generally how much discount can we get from the sticker price ?? I notice they have lots of very nice spec'ed e46 of '01-'03.

Originally posted by shahnaz@Jun 6 2005, 11:06 AM
What about the hifi loudspeaker system that they are giving ? Is it a harmon kardon system ? Btw I went to naza on saturday and saw a 2002 330i going for for Rm285000. I heard that u can still obtain more discounts. Checked the vin and they matched as what is displayed on the car. This 330 also comes with the body kit but however they are running on the 17 inch rim. Anyone out there rode a 330i before .. lots of difference ? I believe so.
no they are not, i think. and yes, the 500cc difference brings a LOT more driving pleasure.. :yes:

sorry Off Topic a bit, but the 330 u saw is auto?

Yes guys ... its an auto with tiptronic. From what the sales man told me., he mentioned that the car is a special individual ordered car. Its has some sticker saying bmw individual. Planning to test drive this weekend... if its a good price .. might as well purchase it.. but what do u guys think about naza ? I heard that have improved a lot ?

Hi guy,

Just a comment on your original question.

To me the E46 SE is definitely worth it esp if buying a used example. They are differently packaged (body kits, suspension etc) and looks different from the rest of the stock 325s. You can easily mark them out in traffic due to their low stance, tell tale rear boot spoiler, unique 17 or 18in rims and M tech body kit. You definetely get either admiring glances or looks of hate from others (more so on this version than the std 325i).

In summary - they look fabulous! Its how BMWs should look actually.

Driving wise, the difference I think will come from the tyres and suspension package thats different from normal 325is:

- Due to the mixed tyre sizes - the SE has immense grip esp around corners. Useful if youre taking the car on track days in Sepang. Expect some feeling of "tramlining" on uneven roads due to the big wheels (esp on 18in wheels version, not really on the 17inches).

- Slow ride quality is choppy - due to the sports suspension. Sometimes makes you a little nervous when pushing hard on bumpy highways, due to the stiff suspension again. But it feels "planted" on smooth highways.

- Theres also the SMG version with 17in wheels (still mixed tyres - 255 at the back, 225 fronts). Great for track days, but may be a bit tiring in KL traffic jams. Ive got one of these...:)

So go for it.

Sorry if it seems I'm going off-topic but there are many E46 330i being put on sale as BMW Approved Used Cars but for 2003 models, they're still steeply priced at RM320K. How can laaah...

Originally posted by shahnaz@Jun 7 2005, 07:20 AM
Yes guys ... its an auto with tiptronic. From what the sales man told me., he mentioned that the car is a special individual ordered car. Its has some sticker saying bmw individual. Planning to test drive this weekend... if its a good price .. might as well purchase it.. but what do u guys think about naza ? I heard that have improved a lot ?
don't buy it at 285k.. too expensive. i had a look at that car earlier this year and was offerred 270k before i pushed hard for discount. the car's been there at their parking lot for ages.. can't sell, really.. so, push hard for 260k at least.. i end up buying 330i bmw individual from auto bavaria instead - full specs may 2004 car at 280k.. still under warranty up to may 2006..

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jun 7 2005, 09:14 AM
Sorry if it seems I'm going off-topic but there are many E46 330i being put on sale as BMW Approved Used Cars but for 2003 models, they're still steeply priced at RM320K. How can laaah...
ignore the displayed price.. when i bought my 330i, the displayed price was RM330k! i got it at 280k plus RM2k service credit and original PDC worth RM2700!

Hi Juggernaut.. when did u purchase the car ? Which auto bavaria branch did u order the car from ? Well if its from auto bavaria and with all the waranties then its a good buy. As for naza, then haven't got back to me on the final price. I am expecting at least a RM30000 discount. If its not then I will go for the exlcusive model or sports edition. Need to test drive first before deciding on the sports or exclusive. Do you anywhere else they are selling a 330i ? I was also offered the 325 SMG model from naza. However I heard that SMG got lots of problems. Can anyone clarify this.

Originally posted by shahnaz@Jun 7 2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Juggernaut.. when did u purchase the car ? Which auto bavaria branch did u order the car from ? Well if its from auto bavaria and with all the waranties then its a good buy. As for naza, then haven't got back to me on the final price. I am expecting at least a RM30000 discount. If its not then I will go for the exlcusive model or sports edition. Need to test drive first before deciding on the sports or exclusive. Do you anywhere else they are selling a 330i ? I was also offered the 325 SMG model from naza. However I heard that SMG got lots of problems. Can anyone clarify this.
i got it in february 05 at ab sg besi. talk to abel paul. i think they still have another 2 units of 330i there.. in my opinion, don't bother about the naza ones.. they've been sitting there for ages. also, don't bother with the smg ones.. not if you want to spend a lot of time in KL traffic..

i don't think it's wise to look anywhere beyond ab and naza for 330i. too risky for the money you spend.

now that e90 is around, you can get much better price at 280k that i paid way back for the e46 330i.. just make your case.. they'll sure to think about it.. i suggest start with 250k maybe, and work it from there.. BMW malaysia wants to move the 330i onto the roads.. so, they'll probably willing to subsidize some of the price - which means you can get it cheap from AB..

Originally posted by Jyi1693@Jun 7 2005, 08:11 PM
a little too much $$$ for the e46 as there is already the e90.
Its all relative I guess.. In retrospect, some people paid up to RM250k for the E46 318i lifestyle... so a fully spec'ed facelifted E46 330i at RM 270-280k is a steal. Driving pleasure is a no brainer and well worth the 20-30k premium.

Originally posted by Jyi1693@Jun 7 2005, 10:11 PM
the 318i lifestyle must be a new car...
yes, but the 330i yr 2004 at AB is as good as new.. only 5000 km on the clock.. used by bmw directors, then sent over to AB.. these cars cost 428k when new.. imagine that..

Originally posted by juggernaut@Jun 7 2005, 10:39 PM

yes, but the 330i yr 2004 at AB is as good as new.. only 5000 km on the clock.. used by bmw directors, then sent over to AB.. these cars cost 428k when new.. imagine that..
Ya definitely a good buy. Many folks got almost kosong CKD specs for what we paid for our rides in that price range. Fully speced 330i's should have sunroof, sports pack - rims, suspension, seats, body kit..etc, DVD/Sat Nav and lovely interior colors and exterior colors..

Top Bottom