F30 Audio Sound System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fuad4;776692 said:
What about Kia K5...even this car has Infinity all around.

i tried their sound system before. so-so? nothing memorable.

i usually test cars with 3 of my high bit-rate soundtracks on my iphone:
- Dire Strait - Private investigations
- Eagles - Hotel California (LIVE)
- Kanye West - Heartless

not the most scientific, but that my 3 must try tracks for any car sound system.

Jenny, looks like you have some "hands-on" on quite a number of cars. Sadly the F30 doesn't come with a decent sound system. It's so shameful of BMW Malaysia for mounting cheap stuffs in their cars. I think Malaysians should stand up shout for our consumer rights. Its not like we're paying anything less compared to the rest of the world. Why are we being treated unequally?

TheTinkerer;777543 said:
Jenny, looks like you have some "hands-on" on quite a number of cars. Sadly the F30 doesn't come with a decent sound system. It's so shameful of BMW Malaysia for mounting cheap stuffs in their cars. I think Malaysians should stand up shout for our consumer rights. Its not like we're paying anything less compared to the rest of the world. Why are we being treated unequally?

Usually end up standing alone la ... anyways, to be fair to BMW, they did not state what sort of standards they are equipping their cars with. So you cannot say misleading advertising, misrepresentation, not of standard etc. You had the car on demo, you would have tested the sound system etc. So cannot say anything la. If they were to state that the sound system in the car is a professional one with amazing clarity, then you get something like out of a Kancil, you can do something about it. Other than that ... tak boleh la.

In this case if you feel its unfair, then don't buy and give feedback to SA. If everyone does that then BMW Malaysia would prob do something about it. That is IF the issue of audio quality causes one not to buy. So to be fair to BMW, you can't do much about it.

We are being given inferior sound system compared to industry standards. Yes, BMW did not deceive us. Stil, some noise to disclose the fact that the inferior sound system is not appreciated may influence them to give products that commensurate with the premium price tag in the future. Do nothing is being fair to BMW. We shld also be fair to the consumers as well la, especially for the BMW loyalist who will keep on buying UDMs.

_M_;777867 said:
We are being given inferior sound system compared to industry standards. Yes, BMW did not deceive us. Stil, some noise to disclose the fact that the inferior sound system is not appreciated may influence them to give products that commensurate with the premium price tag in the future. Do nothing is being fair to BMW. We shld also be fair to the consumers as well la, especially for the BMW loyalist who will keep on buying UDMs.

M man ... The real issue is this ... BMW does not really give a shit. If not why so many complains?

Spot on bro.. and thats why i'd encourage anyone who wants to complain and do something about it.. such efforts may be futile :)D) but the world wil be a better place if we hav more idealists championing good causes.. :4:..

If u r tired of waiting for happy ending.. no problemo, just go tell the mama-san la.. :D

I also think the system is fairly ok but then again I'm no audiophile. However, I would like the bass to be a little tighter. As much as I'd like to swap it out for a better sub, I am afraid to let anyone tinker with it for now. Perhaps the sub needs to run-in a little just like the car and it will get better....or is that just wishful thinking.

TheTinkerer;777543 said:

haha. yea. i'm quite lucky because people around me are quite car freaks. car freaks in the sense that they change their cars every3-4 years so that the value isnt that bad.

also, some sound systems are tested during the test drive.

before test drive: research all about car and 3rd party review
during test drive: look only for flaws. and sound system

i love music, so sound system is really important to me.

next time, i'll drive a GS350. because thats my favourite sound.

jennypenny;778251 said:
haha. yea. i'm quite lucky because people around me are quite car freaks. car freaks in the sense that they change their cars every3-4 years so that the value isnt that bad.

also, some sound systems are tested during the test drive.

before test drive: research all about car and 3rd party review
during test drive: look only for flaws. and sound system

i love music, so sound system is really important to me.

next time, i'll drive a GS350. because thats my favourite sound.

You seems to favour sound over driving dynamics :) The GS looks good but not stand out. You can fit any sound system to the car you like. If I were you, I'll choose a car for its driving dynamic rather that its stock sound system.

arulkl;778199 said:
I also think the system is fairly ok but then again I'm no audiophile. However, I would like the bass to be a little tighter. As much as I'd like to swap it out for a better sub, I am afraid to let anyone tinker with it for now. Perhaps the sub needs to run-in a little just like the car and it will get better....or is that just wishful thinking.

The accessories guys I've met tell me to add an amplifier and tweeter on my 320d. I've been resisting and for fear that they spoil my ride and give time for my ear to run-in (trying to convince myself that it's good).

TheTinkerer;778297 said:
You seems to favour sound over driving dynamics :) The GS looks good but not stand out. You can fit any sound system to the car you like. If I were you, I'll choose a car for its driving dynamic rather that its stock sound system.

i think you have yet to test driven the GS350. the 350 F sport has better driving dynamics than the E class and the A6.

the GS350 F sport, is really really good. do go for a try. its a good cruiser, and yet can be sporty when you need it.

jennypenny;778596 said:
i think you have yet to test driven the GS350. the 350 F sport has better driving dynamics than the E class and the A6.

the GS350 F sport, is really really good. do go for a try. its a good cruiser, and yet can be sporty when you need it.

Boss u really love GS350 much, why ended up with F30? The best for u is only Mark Levinson by Lexus? B & O in R8? Naim in Bentley?

ngiing;778620 said:
Boss u really love GS350 much, why ended up with F30? The best for u is only Mark Levinson by Lexus? B & O in R8? Naim in Bentley?

hi,

i cant afford the GS350 F sport yet. maybe in 3 years time?

B&O in a5 and a4 are good but not great.
havent tested the Bentley yet.

you do know that its my opinion and not the general consent right?

jennypenny;778596 said:

Yes, Jenny. You are right. I have not test drive the GS model yet. In my opinion, Lexus' design is not that attractive and they does not have an identity in terms of design. Anyway, I'll always appreciate a car with good driving dynamics. I'll drop by the showroom for a test drive when there is a chance :)

i am currently finding a replacement to the stock that is in the 320d... the stock sound is total rubbish...... i don't mind that BMW gave us crappy speakers to maximize profits..... but what i don't understand is that why BMW couldn't offer us the option of better sound system to choose? like audi providing B&O as option....

Top Bottom