F30 Audio Sound System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jennypenny;776715 said:
i tried their sound system before. so-so? nothing memorable.

i usually test cars with 3 of my high bit-rate soundtracks on my iphone:
- Dire Strait - Private investigations
- Eagles - Hotel California (LIVE)
- Kanye West - Heartless

not the most scientific, but that my 3 must try tracks for any car sound system.

Off topic but.. i miss jennypenny... cabuttsssss :vroam:

I still prefer CD, IMHO the CD still give me the best sound quality compare with any other media format. :D

Nightswan;833781 said:
Off topic but.. i miss jennypenny... cabuttsssss :vroam:
Ya lah boss, hope she comes back to the forum...miss her frank and indept views :)

I gave up on CDs years ago. My Cds are now part of my house deco ;) The transition came when the iPod came out. frankly the convenience of mp3s outweigh the CDs. Now my music collection is in my iphone 4s. With Beemers supporting iOS (since the e46s I think) and now in the f30s, this continue to be one of my favorite features of the car since most of my listening is while driving.

The next in thing is internet radios via the BMW Apps. Aupeo is my current fav...as its got a "mood tuner"...:)
View attachment 30914

Bruce_Z;833837 said:
I gave up on CDs years ago. My Cds are now part of my house deco ;) The transition came when the iPod came out. frankly the convenience of mp3s outweigh the CDs. Now my music collection is in my iphone 4s. With Beemers supporting iOS (since the e46s I think) and now in the f30s, this continue to be one of my favorite features of the car since most of my listening is while driving

The next in thing is internet radios via the BMW Apps. Aupeo is my current fav...as its got a "mood tuner"...:)
View attachment 30914

I have tried to stream Internet radio on my 320i but somehow always unable to. Can you please share some steps how to do it? Am using iPhone 4s. Tks.

I used to stream podcasts and Internet radio via a separate app and then have the audio source set to Bluetooth to run in my car.

Mavik;833854 said:
I used to stream podcasts and Internet radio via a separate app and then have the audio source set to Bluetooth to run in my car.

Can you please share some steps how to do it? Am using samsung s3 mini and my ride is BMW 320i.

leeathome;833849 said:
I have tried to stream Internet radio on my 320i but somehow always unable to. Can you please share some steps how to do it? Am using iPhone 4s. Tks.

Install the app on your iphone and then paired your device with iDrive using Bluetooth and make sure you turn on bluetooth audio in addition to telephone and data. After that you are good to go.

splee;833859 said:
Install the app on your iphone and then paired your device with iDrive using Bluetooth and make sure you turn on bluetooth audio in addition to telephone and data. After that you are good to go.

Right....In my case, I just connect the iPhone via the USB port and then start the app on the phone.the rest is controlled by idrive.bluetooth audio is disabled.

Bruce_Z;833888 said:
Right....In my case, I just connect the iPhone via the USB port and then start the app on the phone.the rest is controlled by idrive.bluetooth audio is disabled.

Yes it's either USB or Bluetooth. Personally I find USB gives a better sound quality.

Guys and Gals,

Check this out !!!

BMW Audio expert in Korea

See how fast he remove F10 door panel. :rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XAczCSCpk4

BMW HiFi Speakers - Made In China. For 290k 328i and 360k 520i. :102:
HiFi speakers are either fullrage or coaxial speakers. Not component.
Shown in one of photo.

http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnail...=140175235330&categoryNo=65&parentCategoryNo=

BMW HiFi Pro DSP (dirac) speakers are better. Made in Germany.
They have different magnet. Bigger.
I lost the link but you can find them on his site.

HiFi Pro comes with 16 component speakers in F10 with 600w amp and Dirac DSP.
Speakers location:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=633978

Cheers. :wavey:

I must say my wife's Beetle's (1.2tsi) is better than my 328i's sound system :p. But then again every car has its goods and bads la.. there are more good than bad :)

i personally feel our 328i 9 speakers system sounds better than ordinary vw speaker, except cc sport which using dynaudio.
vw tends to hv lack of clarity in low volume, bt on loud volume the woofer vibrate my tympanic membrane out of its place...

tIANcI;810286 said:
Want my opinion? I will not touch it. Not worth it. Have heard it in some cars. No heart to tell owners why its not worth it. Shop around a bit, there is a lot of good stuff out there at a lower price la ...

Bro any suggestion for upgrading my speakers.....any reasonable brands?..

Satrian3;839404 said:
Bro any suggestion for upgrading my speakers.....any reasonable brands?..

You want honest shop? Go to CV Audio at DU. Look for Peter. Shop is about 75m before the TM Point shop. If it were me, I would just pay for a pair of front drivers and the tweeter. No use changing rear. Get a good set with a budget of 2k-2.5k or so. I tried the cheaper range Rainbow, was very decent for its price. That was about 1.1k only. They do have better ones from Rainbow.

Let Peter listen to your car's system and tell him your expectations.

tIANcI;839657 said:
You want honest shop? Go to CV Audio at DU. Look for Peter. Shop is about 75m before the TM Point shop. If it were me, I would just pay for a pair of front drivers and the tweeter. No use changing rear. Get a good set with a budget of 2k-2.5k or so. I tried the cheaper range Rainbow, was very decent for its price. That was about 1.1k only. They do have better ones from Rainbow.

Let Peter listen to your car's system and tell him your expectations.

Thanks bro.will go and check it out after raya...sure now peak season......thank you ery much bro......

Satrian3;839659 said:
Thanks bro.will go and check it out after raya...sure now peak season......thank you ery much bro......

If you can, get an EQ. Dun believe all that talk a great system does not need EQ. That is pure BS because each 'room' is different. Unless its a home system, where you would have sorted out the room itself, then an EQ will really help. Get as many bands as you can afford.

tIANcI;839660 said:
If you can, get an EQ. Dun believe all that talk a great system does not need EQ. That is pure BS because each 'room' is different. Unless its a home system, where you would have sorted out the room itself, then an EQ will really help. Get as many bands as you can afford.

ok bro noted. just cheked in youtube..rainbow quite popular among BMW ICE

out of curious, i played some pink noise & measured using RTA apps from iphone [no spl meter] on my 328i HIFI 9-speaker:
[treble=0, bass=0, fader=-3, engine=off, aircond blower=2]
F30_328_HIFI_Original.jpg

Adjusted the bass to bring up frequencies lower than 125Hz & treble to smoothen out the peak at around 14-16KHz
[treble=+4, bass=+6, fader=-3, engine=off, aircond blower=2]
F30_328_HIFI_Adjusted.jpg

it's personal preference; try & do share your thought.. cheers..

Top Bottom