Bmw 320 vs merc c200 cgi

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jamonkhoo

Club Guest
Hi, i sold my E46 few month ago, now looking for new car either c200 cgi or bmw 325i ( Pre-reg) or even A4 1.8. My budget less than 250k. I have few question to ask all senior here. I had so many problem on my E46 before, Is't 325i will be low maintainance if compare with other 2, since i always outstation. Why BMW only provided warranty for 60k km ? the other 2 provided more than bmw why ? I got a lot friend who drive E90 320i, i test this car many time, for me is totally same with my E46 before. So i still thinking which car should i choose. Thanks for advice.

jamonkhoo;583539 said:
Hi,
i sold my E46 few month ago, now looking for new car either c200 cgi or bmw 325i ( Pre-reg) or even A4 1.8. My budget less than 250k. I have few question to ask all senior here.
I had so many problem on my E46 before, Is't 325i will be low maintainance if compare with other 2, since i always outstation. Why BMW only provided warranty for 60k km ? the other 2 provided more than bmw why ?
I got a lot friend who drive E90 320i, i test this car many time, for me is totally same with my E46 before. So i still thinking which car should i choose.

Thanks for advice.

Hi jamonkhoo, 320i is definitely more or less like yr previous e46..going for 325i m sport is the best option, thats just my opinion..my uncle is selling his 325i e90 m-sport model yr 07..in a very immaculate condition..can PM e if interested..Merc CGI is a barge vehicle, just for old towkeh2 lah...so the 325 is sportier n superb..:top: happy hunting bro

It depends on what do you want?
1)Do you want excellent handling? (ie.driving dynamics such as steering feel - BMW e90 has one of the best, if not the best steering feel in its class), awesome cornering capabilities, rear wheel drive feel, almost 50:50 weight distribution, excellent braking dynamics, being a proud owner of the UDM, famous tagline of sheer driving pleasure.....
If yes to the above, then the 325i M SPorts is the choice

2)DO you want good fuel economy, cheap roadtax, no door rattle issue, overall comfortable suspension for the in laws seating at the back seat, light steering feel, handling is so - so...., still quite torquey , now CCB is giving free IPAD or club med holiday, and lastly - the three pointed star....
If yes, then Merc C200 CGI is for you.

3)DO you want excellent built quality, understeer feeling at corners, so-so handling, CVT gearbox feel, gadget freak, lots of button to push, dull steering note, electro mechanical handbrake with auto hold feature, smart technologies which we hardly use, 5 yr warranty, 4 rings of racing & quattro heritage....
If yes to the above, then the A4 1.8T is your choice. I would recommend the A4 2.0TFSI Quottro anytime over the 1.8TFSI coz I don't like how the CVT multitronic gearbox behaves....

Basically different strokes for diff folks. You need to know what you want, what appeals to you and what can you live with coz at the end of the day, you are spending RM250k of hard earned muuulah. :)

BMW is actually losing it in recent years. The E90's steering isn't all that great, comparing against the older E46. The efficient dynamics equip models replaced the hydraulic steering pump with an electro-hydraulic pump. The steering is still precise but not as communicative.

How about 320d? With 250k it's possible to get a brand new unit

Hi Zeedo,
Apparently the current promo just released last week, is that you pay for a 320i sports and you get to upgrade to a 320d M Sports with 184Hp and 370NM of troque at no extra cost, ie. you pay almost RM250k for RM26Xk worth....go check out Ingress or AB....do let us know what u getting :)

Hehehe....I'm actually just suggesting jamonkhoo to consider 320d, maybe he'll check it out with this info. I have to agree 320d seems a much better deal with high bhp and torque, and considering RON97 price is up again

mikeyC;586571 said:
yup, now is the best time to snatch 'D' rocket :)

I agree. First port of call will be 320D, then C200 for new cars. If you are considering used, then 325 will be much better than your E46. C200 is suprisingly quick (0-100 in 8.2 secs) and handles quite well. Why not test drive all the cars to find out for yourself?

Yeah the 320d id definitely the car you should look at seriously because it's such a good buy...power,torque,3 series excellent chasis/handling/drive-Merc and Audi are stlll way behind in the C class segment though they are trying hard to catch up, economy, 800km per full tank for city-spirited driving(come on...!nothing else comes close!)...you can have your cake(performance) and eat it too (economy)..at the same time! It's like a horny guy getting a job in a massage parlour full of beautiful naked young girls as his clients! Sir...excuse me ...but my sweet right breast is aching...can you massage it a little bit longer...?

Well-written and balanced(though one has to give leeway since you're a UDM driver) comparison.

M3ac;586243 said:
It depends on what do you want?
1)Do you want excellent handling? (ie.driving dynamics such as steering feel - BMW e90 has one of the best, if not the best steering feel in its class), awesome cornering capabilities, rear wheel drive feel, almost 50:50 weight distribution, excellent braking dynamics, being a proud owner of the UDM, famous tagline of sheer driving pleasure.....
If yes to the above, then the 325i M SPorts is the choice

2)DO you want good fuel economy, cheap roadtax, no door rattle issue, overall comfortable suspension for the in laws seating at the back seat, light steering feel, handling is so - so...., still quite torquey , now CCB is giving free IPAD or club med holiday, and lastly - the three pointed star....
If yes, then Merc C200 CGI is for you.

3)DO you want excellent built quality, understeer feeling at corners, so-so handling, CVT gearbox feel, gadget freak, lots of button to push, dull steering note, electro mechanical handbrake with auto hold feature, smart technologies which we hardly use, 5 yr warranty, 4 rings of racing & quattro heritage....
If yes to the above, then the A4 1.8T is your choice. I would recommend the A4 2.0TFSI Quottro anytime over the 1.8TFSI coz I don't like how the CVT multitronic gearbox behaves....

Basically different strokes for diff folks. You need to know what you want, what appeals to you and what can you live with coz at the end of the day, you are spending RM250k of hard earned muuulah. :)

Top Bottom