Beware of V-Kool - It and they are crap

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I am in the market for a tint and called up Ecotint.

Guess what, JPJ rules have now changed the new ruling is as follows:

VLT: Fronts - 65%, Sides - 45% and Rear - 45%

Ecotint guarantees their best product for 10yrs and they will fit the front screen with VLT 63% which is below the allowable VLT. During the warranty period, they will pay any fines and if at anytime the tint is torn by JPJ enforcement or by Puspakom inspection during ownership transfer, they will replace the tint for free.

Now that is what I call warranty worth the paper it is written on.

They still have the higest TSER of all tints.

Based on my close dealings with tint companies, i can politely sum up the Msian car window tinting industry as "complicated". Extremely high margins, flooded by imitation products, outrageous claims, lots of hanky panky malpractices and over-proliferation of outlets. VKool is merely another Meguiars...they were the 1st premium brand thats heavily backed by lots of $$$, and im reasonably sure there's no such factory overseas called VKool.

When my customers inquire about tinting (funny, wasnt Malaysia as hot 20yrs ago when tinting was not yet a near-mandatory purchase) i will recommend to them HUPER OPTIK.
Due to the "complexity" of the major players in this industry, i want to hv no connection to them. But when it comes to confidence, i will recommend only Huper to my clients.

Top Bottom