Undecided on tint & paint coating

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hemah said:
I have both Xpel on F30 and Nano Fusion Film on another car. I recommend to try Nano Fusion film.

why nano fusion film? any feedback?

sh_Callum said:
I believe all tinting shop has no photometer to confirm this,right ? If this is the case, then Prot could be correct. Anyone knows what is the factory tinted VLT % of our car ?

you can check the factory tinted VLT by looking at your Puspakom document for your car.

My other car has 77% front, Rear 64%, and Side right- 60% and side left 60%

With excellent basic physics, i presume that putting a 50% VLT tint on a 60% VLT window will most definitely exceed the permitted 50%.

high-school educated guess is that your side window will now have around 40% VLT combined. while adhering to 70% tint for the front, would bring your front VLT combined of 66%.

hence you will FAIL your JPJ roadblock or Puspakom test.

BTW, the JPJ roadblock ops is back on.

those who has exceeded the allowance by 5% points should be fine (because its not detectable by the naked eye)

I was tempted to get some sort of coating for the car when new but decided to stick with traditional waxing every 3 months.
The picture below is of the car now 2 years old and waxed very quickly 2 weeks ago.
There are watermarks everywhere if you look very closely but Meguiar's wax hides them pretty well.
My other car with Tribos coating did not escape the watermarks, so I wonder where is the 2-3k value.

10338336_10152853153450830_2615257107854110518_n.jpg

hi Bros,

Has anyone been offered free tinting when buying your new F30s? If you have, what type of tinting was on offer or did you have a choice of the tint type?

Cheers.

Eter, my car was coated with so-called 3M Teflon. I paid 1.9K for the coating which includes the dashboard. To be honest, I am still seeing water marks stuck on the paint, it is waste of money and this so-called Teflon coating is useless. Although the dealer said they guarantee 5 years shine, but you need to send your car to them for regular maintenance. The so-called wash and clean charge you double as compare to outside car wash. To be honest, I feel regretted.

Offered 3M but opted not to take the dealer offered tint. Instead exchange for additional discount and fix outside myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pchan1 said:
Offered 3M but opted not to take the dealer offered tint. Instead exchange for additional discount and fix outside myself.

That sounds good. How much discount was given in place of the tint? Thanks bro.

Cheers.

JoeKenzoM said:
I got Llumar Diamond 6 free with the car. Didnt get any choicr of tints.
I was told that the cost to the SA for the tint is usually only about 40% of the retail price, or maybe less. The SA makes a lot from selling the tinting to you. I guess the best would be to get the SA to throw in a good quality tint for the car plus maybe a coating too.. heheheh :D

Cheers.

tigger said:
That sounds good. How much discount was given in place of the tint? Thanks bro.

Cheers.
Around rm900. Apparently this is the "cost" to the dealer.

sh_Callum said:
Eter, my car was coated with so-called 3M Teflon. I paid 1.9K for the coating which includes the dashboard. To be honest, I am still seeing water marks stuck on the paint, to be it is waste of money, unless this so-called Teflon coating is useless. Although the dealer said they guarantee 5 years shine, but you need to send your car to them for regular maintenance. The so-called wash and clean charge you double as compare to outside car wash. To be honest, I feel regretted.
Just look at KL, it's like a construction site. Concrete dust is everywhere and the rain will bring it down to the paint surface of your car. Unless you wash your car immediately after each rain or drizzle, you will bound to have some watermark. I would spend my money for paint coating product if they can guarantee me no watermark if I only wash my car once a week convenient. Otherwise I am happy to just wax it every 3 months.

Haven't heard of 3M Teflon for paint coating, but my Tefal with Teflon coated cookware only lasted 3 months.

eter said:
Just look at KL, it's like a construction site. Concrete dust is everywhere and the rain will bring it down to the paint surface of your car. Unless you wash your car immediately after each rain or drizzle, you will bound to have some watermark. I would spend my money for paint coating product if they can guarantee me no watermark if I only wash my car once a week convenient. Otherwise I am happy to just wax it every 3 months.

Haven't heard of 3M Teflon for paint coating, but my Tefal with Teflon coated cookware only lasted 3 months.

all paint coatings are a waste of money. their "claims" of 3 years to 5 years warranty are all BS.

I was offered 3M Crystaline at dealer for around RM3500. Got it done outside at authorised 3M dealer for around RM2000.
I do understand the tinting company pays the dealer commission to sell their products at the dealership. This include paint coating.
They got in queue to sell their products when I picked up the car.

I'm also not in favor of coating. My typical routine is waxing every 2-3 months and weekly wash and wipe down with meguiar's quick wax. The coating rm2-3k cost, I can use against 10 times wax/polishing job already.

pchan1 said:
Around rm900. Apparently this is the "cost" to the dealer.

When they have to give you a cashback, the 'cost' always comes down.. hahaha!! :D

Cheers.

eter said:
I was offered 3M Crystaline at dealer for around RM3500. Got it done outside at authorised 3M dealer for around RM2000.
I do understand the tinting company pays the dealer commission to sell their products at the dealership. This include paint coating.
They got in queue to sell their products when I picked up the car.
That sounds like a good deal :D How is the performance of the tint so far?

Cheers.

tigger said:
That sounds like a good deal :D How is the performance of the tint so far?

Cheers.
Pretty satisfied customer. Repeated for another 2 cars.

tigger said:
hi Bros,

Has anyone been offered free tinting when buying your new F30s? If you have, what type of tinting was on offer or did you have a choice of the tint type?

Cheers.
[SIZE=9pt]I am Window Film consultant for Raytech International Window Film. I will post more accurate information to all consumer from time to time. Please visit my link, or like us in Raytech Window Film facebook for more information.

Raytech International Website :
[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]www.raytechfilms.com[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Topic Link : [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2918371/+0#entry62379331[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Facebook Link : [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raytech-Tint...112324005459022[/SIZE]

eter said:

Initially, I was sceptical about coating product too. Nevertheless, I went ahead to get a cheap one.

Yes, still find watermark. However, I can use a clay bar to remove most of them. I have another car without coating, clay bar won't help. The coating also results water beading effect. So, after raining, I usually speed a bit to get rid of the rain water. So far, for 2 years, I am still satisfied with the coating.

Top Bottom