Key fob problem (video)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;540350 said:
Press the buttons too long and all 4 windows will open or close. :)

not that long bro !!!! :39: the thing is the door has to unlock first before the windows will....

I think 5 meters is already ideal you know. You unlock your car from 10 meters away and there is a possible chance for your car to get hijacked. You don't know people nowadays. Better to unlock your car when you're next to it. Also don't worry abour rain. While you're running towards your car, at the same time just press it...

If you're still not satisfied, then it's up to you whether you want to change the receiver or anything. Seems like all the things that you tried were not working.

M5POWER;540359 said:
I think 5 meters is already ideal you know. You unlock your car from 10 meters away and there is a possible chance for your car to get hijacked. You don't know people nowadays. Better to unlock your car when you're next to it. Also don't worry abour rain. While you're running towards your car, at the same time just press it...

If you're still not satisfied, then it's up to you whether you want to change the receiver or anything. Seems like all the things that you tried were not working.

on a safe and practical point , u r right.

But i think if something is not right with the receiver it should be looked at while still on warranty . what if the RF receiver or key is defective?? worst still like Murphy's Law, it will go kaput once warranty over and u will have to pay out of ur own pocket !!!

something is wrong if one car can open from a distance and one can't....

achtung;540363 said:
on a safe and practical point , u r right.

But i think if something is not right with the receiver it should be looked at while still on warranty . what if the RF receiver or key is defective?? worst still like Murphy's Law, it will go kaput once warranty over and u will have to pay out of ur own pocket !!!

something is wrong if one car can open from a distance and one can't....

If only the SC understands what I feel and will try all they can to make me a proud & satisfied UDM owner.

M5POWER;540359 said:

5m is ideal for you but maybe not for me. Why are people telling me to accept things as they are and change my mindset?

I already paid a hefty premium for a car like this and all I want is that everything works perfectly. I know you guys are concerned with security, hence shorter fob range is ideal. It doesn't mean I will compromise my safety or get careless when I have a 20m signal range.

Since my car is still under warranty, I prefer to get the issues fixed than telling myself that everything is working perfectly. You have no idea how much money I'm going to lose when my future buyer complains about small probs here & there.

NCH;540418 said:
5m is ideal for you but maybe not for me. Why are people telling me to accept things as they are and change my mindset?

I already paid a hefty premium for a car like this and all I want is that everything works perfectly. I know you guys are concerned with security, hence shorter fob range is ideal. It doesn't mean I will compromise my safety or get careless when I have a 20m signal range.

Since my car is still under warranty, I prefer to get the issues fixed than telling myself that everything is working perfectly. You have no idea how much money I'm going to lose when my future buyer complains about small probs here & there.

You are correct here. You paid more than RM300K for the car and it's not perfect. Well all cars out there is not perfect but we all know the pain that you are in to. We didn't said that you have to accept things because if others can get a longer distance and you can't means your car have a problem.

Owkey security is security but satisfaction is also satisfaction. So since you have the warrantly alive, then go and fix it. Tell them you want to test a new receiver. If Quill is useless then go to Ingress but as always, their service center will be busy.

Also, is your keyless start improved with the removal of the rear tint? Good luck!

Hi NCH,

I have a similar car to yours except for different leather seat inside. It is a LCI 325 M sport white 2009 model. I installed Rikecool tint and have no issues whatsoever with the ranges you showed in your video. There is obviously a problem when you start noticing and talking about range of remote. Tint may have played a part in reducing its effectiveness but I think there is also a issue with the transmitter (key) or reciever. I know it is a pain in the butt to always nag and go to the SC, but why not write to BMW malaysia with your attached video cd.

I feel a lot of us write on the forum about our issues with SC and only last resort decide to write to BMW Malaysia. Should we not write to BMW Malaysia more often. Inundate them with our real issues. Maybe BMW forum could have members endorse/second/petition/sign their support of the complaint and voice that the following members also face the same problem. I would second any letter of complaint if i had the same problem. That could be effective as SC may not report all these ad hoc issues. Just my thoughts.

Dayton
I agree with your view, whether you want to use the fob at 1 foot or at 15feet is a secondary issue. Be it for safety, good practices , dont want gf to get wet he he in the rain etc etc. The main thing is it's workable as it's supposed to and you have the choice at what range to use the FOB...

It's already a known fact that V-Cool is metallic, and proven in this case that the signal range is affected by it. There is a simple solution if the shortened range is not acceptable. Change it.

I don't see why it's BMW's fault.

NCH, before you tinted was it working fine? If it was working fine then the reason is obvious!

NCH,

May I express my opinion or comments on the complaints that you have wrt ur beloved BMW 325i LCI.

1. Key FOB issue - as far as I am concern (after owning/experienced 3 different generations of Bimmer) the sensor for our remote/transmitter is actually located in the dashboard, inside the windscreen airvent. And FYI, all 323i/325i LCI already comes with a "Comfort Windscreen" which is actually a factory tint windscreen. And when you add-in an aftermarket tint, especially vkool, it will rufther reflects all radio signals (e.g SmartTag, key transmitter, etc). Therefore my suggestion is to totally remove your windscreen v-kool tint and leave it with only factory tint. That would definately gives you a better remote signal.

2. Xenon light wobbles - as other forumer did mentioned, it is due to the self levelling system. This is common for bimmer that comes with Original Xenon. I've experienced it with my E46, as well as my current E90 323i LCI. For me, its just a matter of getting used to.

3. Alignment - You've mentioned that you've done the alignment 3 times and still having the same result. Is it from the same shop? May I recommend my regular shop for a change? I have experienced with them for the past 12 years and it has always been 99% perfect (-1% was due to our road cond). Infact my E90 LCI was previously swerving to the left from day 1 receiving the car, and after a month owning it, I send it for re-alignment at my regular shop and it was perfect eversince. So I guess this is also a common issue for new CKD BMW...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Peace out!:rock:

Daytona;540640 said:
NCH, before you tinted was it working fine? If it was working fine then the reason is obvious!

I already noticed the issue before taking delivery of the car. Mentioned this to SC and they suggested it's the tinting. Now the rear windscreen tint is removed, the range improved slightly. Just because it's better now doesn't mean the range is acceptable. Yes, they proved that window tinting does affect the working range so my car went from Bad to Worse.

Maybe something is wrong with my car receiver that it only gives 50% range, and tinting reduces it to 20%.

I don't mind 70% range after tinting if I got 100% to start with.

bro, if i may ask, when u removed ur rear tint, was it easy? any demister lines were damaged? does the demister, radio antenna and the remote antenna shares the same line?

my 323i same issue ,onli works 70% of the time . Even when i am next ( less than 5cm ) to the car , it will take me few tries to try to open the door with the keys in my pocket .
my service advisor asked me to charge the key instead but still the same.

Strangely yesterday, locked the car and walked about 10 ft away and turned back coz forgot something from the car. Pressed the unlocked button near the door and around every angle but nothing happened! I said shit! not again!!! pressed a few times still nothing! A persona across the road had it alarm triggered prior to this and I suspect maybe some interference, but i think not, coz the fob uses different signal (something i learn from this thread! hehehe!) If the fuse is blown, still OK, but if the damn Central lock is busted, i'm fucked! So took out the manual key and insert and turn the slot. Door unlocked plus the indicator also lit. Took my stuff out and lock it - it did! and unlock too. All seems fine. Strange! but all seems fine so far.

Top Bottom