Beating the Red light - Incident in Singapore with the Ferrari

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zhul

Club Guest
Too many in Malaysia are having this dangerous habit[video=youtube;8JfAaOABk4g]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfAaOABk4g[/video]News of the incidentA rare Ferrari 599 GTO was involved in a crash in Singapore early on Saturday, claiming the lives of three people including the driver of the Ferrari.The accident took place at a junction near the Raffles Hospital, an area known for being an accident black spot.The other vehicles involved in the crash were a taxi and a motorbike.Sadly, the 52-year-old driver of the taxi was killed, as was his 20-year-old female passenger. The man on the motorbike miraculously managed to survive.A passenger in the 599 GTO was seriously injured but also managed to survive, reports the Straits Times.The driver of the Ferrari was identified as 31-year-old businessman Ma Chi. Both Chi and the driver of the taxi, father-of-three Cheng Teck Hock, were stuck in their vehicles after the crash and died before paramedics could extricate them.While police are still investigating the incident, witnesses claim the Ferrari driver ran a red light and crashed into the taxi, which then hit the motorbike. From the extent of the damage sustained by the Ferrari, it's likely some speed was involved.
wreckage-of-a-ferrari-599-gto-involved-in-crash-in-singapore_100390408_m.jpg
Source

A young Japanese girl and the taxi driver were killed. Together with the Ferrari driver.

Only almost 6K die a year on our roads in Malaysia. I guess we need to beat everyone else. Running red lights is a norm la. Racing on the highways also the same. Over the weekend saw a 528 chasing a Bentley coupe on the NSH. In and out of traffic ... back off then chase then back off then chase. Was fun what. It will never get into the minds of Malaysians that speed or running lights will kill. They just do not care la ...

Majority of Malaysian drivers are morons. Here's why:

1. They do not observe traffic rules (pass their undang with kopi money?)
2. When they see pedestrian trying to cross, they speed faster like wanting to run off and kill them. They forget that they are also a pedestrian sometimes.
3. They like to hog the road. Even if the road has 3 lanes, it's literally only 2 lanes because 95% of the cars would stick to the middle/right lanes.
4. Most people like to double park. I even have people parking in front of my house gate (can you imagine how stupid such people are?)

If not mistaken, this happened around 4am? Regardless of our M'sian drivers attitude, u shud be extra extra careful after midnight to dawn as chances of meeting drunk drivers, joy riders are higher during those times.

The Ferrari driver probably drunk as well, must be going close to 200 km/h when he struck the taxi. Fortunately the other cars along side the taxi were at behind the leading taxi, saving themselves and their passengers.

..simple as its gets..moron with more money than brain..i feel sorry for him, and very sad for taxi driver and japanese girl passenger...

Oh my god..i read it in the paper today, but managed to get the actual video recorded/posted here...

The word "Lucky Man..!" uttered by the driver who has the shot of the incidence (probably another taxi driver) was definitely true..otherwise it would be them since they were on the most left lane.

NEVER BEAT THE RED LIGHT......am so shocked viewing this video...tq for sharing Zhul...

our taxi's should also incorporate the video in car system. then we can see how they're the worst drivers on the road....even worse than lady drivers. and of coz how they dont use their meters

..i just followed you tube link, on you tube, instead of here, in order to see comments..i noticed, everyone cursing on to PRC driver..I guess, 'PRC driver' is ferrari fella..either way, im wondering what PRC stands for ??

ecco...PRC is people republic of china. or normally means that.

speaking to taxi's....i saw something funny on a taxi window today. took a picture, but u need to zoom into the piece of paper. hope the pic resolution is high enuf. weird.

824b9ea9.jpg

Goodness. Feel so bad for people who follow the law and still end up like this. :(

this incident had sparks an outraged among singaporeans with angst against Foreigners.
In some extend, I must agreed that accident is the Ferrari driver's fault but at the end of the day is an accident!
No one wishes to end one life like that.
If you check on the singapore forums, You will see the kind of anti foreigner sentiments that I am talking about.
Some are down right rediculous and plain deragotory.

I know the possibility is low but could it be the traffic light was malfunction at that time? then the blame should not goto the Ferrari 100%. But one thing I must agree is that he was fast.

in the video can see the Ferrari was really on high speed...was it beating red light or he was ignoring the red light?
driving an exotic car like this does it makes the driver feel invisible??
mourn for the innocent souls lost in this shouldn't had happen accident.

Top Bottom