Auto Bavaria Living Up To Its Poor Service Reputation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dnhoh

Club Guest
Hi folks, Pls bear with me while I rant. Buying a car regardless of price or make should be an exciting and happy event but unfortunately my recent experience with AB (Glenmarie) left a sour taste in my mouth. I had been previously warned of AB's level of service (or more precisely, lack of) and I now have the unfortunate pleasure of experiencing it first hand. I recently bought a pre owned e60 from AB. Service was all fine till the full amount was paid. Then it all evaporated. The sales person did not meet any of the dates he told me I was to receive my car. He does not even bother to even call me after I made my payment. I am the one who had to call him to follow up. Even then I can never reach him most of the time and he does not have the courtesy to return my calls. Due to the coming long holidays I had told him I would like to collect the car on the Wed. He told me that he will call me to let me know. As expected I did not hear from him as he had promised. Being tired of waiting, I went to AB Glenmarie to find out what exactly was happening at 4pm, Wed. Of course my sales person wasnt there and neither could the receptionist reach him. I then informed the receptionist that I would like to collect my car. I was passed from one person to another. Starting with the receptionist who asked me to speak to the other receptionist seated next to her just 3 feet away. When I finally got to speak to the sales rep on the phone, he said he was going to call me to pick up the car but its just that I got there first. It was already 4pm and they shut at 6pm, was he expecting me to sit around to wait for his call and drop everything on his call and rush over to pick up the car before AB closes?? To cut a long story short, I finally managed to get my car 2 hours after I arrived. 2 bloody hours!! To be fair there were a couple of kind souls provided good service in assisting me in the collection of my car. However, one cant help but feel that AB is an organisation that does not place service and customer satisfaction high on its priority list. Guess this should have been a surprise as AB is owned by the same people who owns the distributorship in Spore - my cousin had sent his E39 for repairs in preparation to sell and replace it with an E60. They loaned him a Toyota Camry (!!) as a replacement vehicle. He was so impressed with the Camry that when he got his E39 back, he sold it for a Lexus! Classic lesson in how to lose a customer. My only explaination for all this is their arrogance arising from their previous monopoly of the distributorship and that people will always buy a BMW and from them. AB should note that its 'previous monopoly'. You can bet that the next time I buy a BMW, it will not be from AB. You can also bet that I am going to tell everyone at my firm which incidentally buys a lot of BMWs of the lousy service I received! Ahh... that a load of my chest. I can now focus on enjoying my new old E60!! Thanks for listening guys. Merry Chirstmas and a Happy New Year!

My experience with AB glenmarie....

I went there with a friend, driving my E46 and he drove his E60. I wanted to ask about buying another car key as a spare and he wanted to check out the X5.

When I went to the receptionist and ask about the key, I was referred to another spare part counter a bit further back near the pantry. When I asked this guy, he asked me to go to the workshop to find some guy. I was puzzled but still followed the instruction. Went to the back, inside the workshop area, ask around for the guy, met him and he asked me to go back and meet the guy at the front. WHAT THE HELL... I told him that I was told to look for him by the guy at the front. He was also puzzled. I went back to the guy who told me to initially go the the back and told him what happened and I got fed up la.

Nevermind lah... might as well order this item from Lee Motors Alor Setar. Have visited Lee Motors a few times and they have been very customer oriented. Those guys seem to appreciate all BMW drivers not like the impression I got from AB Glenmarie which is I drive only a pathetic E46, thus AB do not want my biz especially for a key that cost ~1k.

One fine day, if I ever strike gold, I definitely will not buy my dream BMW car from AB. What a pity....1st class cars but 3rd class mentality.

planta

I generally try to avoid the svc center at AB Glenmarie as based on my experience, they are overwhelmed there to provide good service. I had better experience in both Sg Besi and Segambut but recently heard from JPB that Segambut's svc quality is pretty bad shape.

Anyone has feedback on comparisons between SA and AB in terms of svc quality? My only gripe about SA is that its right smack in the heart of KL. A little more hassle for me to send my car there.

For new car purchases, look for Pat in Glenmarie. She has sold a few of us our cars and never fails to provide top notch sales service. Even folks like JPB still gets calls from her for invites to nice sit down dinners for new car launches after the sale. She offered to come to my office to do all the paperwork instead of me going there, same with car delivery. When she was rushing for my roadtax due to JPJ and missed the deadline, she loaned me the trade plates so that I can take delivery of my car on the date she promised me. She later came over to pick up the trade plates and pass me my new road tax. Like I said, top notch service.

In AB Glenmarie i dealt with Joey there. and BMW Credit officer named Tammy. both provided good service, good freebies, and Joey also asked my twice or maybe 3 times to go for the M3 launch. not bad first impression but its a long relationship after this, so we'll see how things go.

I suggest that our committee start compiling these feedback and pass it on to BMW Malaysia...afterall, we are their officially registered and recognised club and isnt 'us'- their customers, our voices, feedback and evaluation that matter in driving it down to the distributors to improve on their customer service.

My friend bought one from Glenmarie but he always go to SB for services. He keep asking me to get the benz instead of bmw~ he said bad serviecs!! but i wanna get a bmw like he did :)

i went to the AB at SB recently. I was wearing jean and tee. and i think they probably think i cant afford one. i left after few mins talked with the SA. didnt feel comfortable with his attitude. so i went to Sapura. SA there was nice and friendly. so i book one from them. so excited. hopefully the SC will be good as well.

okow;272760 said:
I suggest that our committee start compiling these feedback and pass it on to BMW Malaysia...afterall, we are their officially registered and recognised club and isnt 'us'- their customers, our voices, feedback and evaluation that matter in driving it down to the distributors to improve on their customer service.

Noted Okow. In fact I've been attentively observing this thread. Will definitely be compiling all pleasant and 'no-so-pleasant' feedbacks and forward them to the mgmt of both BMW dealers. It's only fair as AB and SA have been very supportive of the club. As long as we approach things professionally, I am quite sure they will listen and take such feedback constructively and hopefully improvements will be evident in the near future.

Dnhoh, thanks for bringing the matter up in this forum. I am sure such a situation could easily be rectified.

Its the staff attitude that need rectification as AB is just a lifeless entity. From the few posting above, lots of work can be done for attitude rectification for the respective staff. And I do strongly believe whatever the staff did or behaved, it somewhat reflect on their superior. Keep digging and root cause will reveal itself.

Was told many good Sales Advisors and mechanics from AB were pinched to Sapura. Dunno how true but hope BMW Malaysia take a look at this! or else ALL AB customers will suffer, of which they are BMW Malaysia customers too. BMW Malaysia can rectify the situation if they wish!

My experience was pretty good I would say. But there were a lot of waiting time whenever I made an appointment, even on the test drive day. Like E46fanatic said, they are too overwhelmed to provide good and swift service. Most of the time my SA was really busy running around. In total, I think I had to wait about 2 hours accumulative from my dealings with them.

However, I did get my car about 5 working days after the test drive (booking & DP), which to me, was pretty good and efficient. BMW Credit was swift as well. However, I wish they would have more manpower to handle the volume of activities here.

E46Fanatic;272735 said:
I generally try to avoid the svc center at AB Glenmarie as based on my experience, they are overwhelmed there to provide good service. I had better experience in both Sg Besi and Segambut but recently heard from JPB that Segambut's svc quality is pretty bad shape.

Anyone has feedback on comparisons between SA and AB in terms of svc quality? My only gripe about SA is that its right smack in the heart of KL. A little more hassle for me to send my car there.

For new car purchases, look for Pat in Glenmarie. She has sold a few of us our cars and never fails to provide top notch sales service. Even folks like JPB still gets calls from her for invites to nice sit down dinners for new car launches after the sale. She offered to come to my office to do all the paperwork instead of me going there, same with car delivery. When she was rushing for my roadtax due to JPJ and missed the deadline, she loaned me the trade plates so that I can take delivery of my car on the date she promised me. She later came over to pick up the trade plates and pass me my new road tax. Like I said, top notch service.

Yeah, Pat is great! She loaned me an E90 325i for a month on learning that delivery of my CBU E92 would be delayed. Even provided me RM45 of petrol. I teased her that I was disappointed I didn't get an E60 530i as courtesy car, hahaha! Incidentally, I have bought 3 BMWs from Pat and recommended her to many friends, none has held me accountable for AB's deplorable service track record. Hence, it's down to individuals at the end of day, really! Hope the good staff get rewarded while the complacent ones are removed. On AB Segambut's service, I've heard some really bad stories though my own experience was OK. If you insist on AB Segambut for service matters, try to liaise with a guy called Hong. He seems decent and quite efficient.

keeekeee;272768 said:
My friend bought one from Glenmarie but he always go to SB for services. He keep asking me to get the benz instead of bmw~ he said bad serviecs!! but i wanna get a bmw like he did :)

i went to the AB at SB recently. I was wearing jean and tee. and i think they probably think i cant afford one. i left after few mins talked with the SA. didnt feel comfortable with his attitude. so i went to Sapura. SA there was nice and friendly. so i book one from them. so excited. hopefully the SC will be good as well.

Golly, I went to Lexus and Si Khiong in my t-shirt and shorts and still managed to get a test drive of the IS 250 and new C-Class. The sales guys who attended to me did profile me of course, by the way I spoke and presented myself as opposed to what I was wearing. That should be the way. To be fair, I did park my E92 with single digit plate at Lexus, heh! but at Si Khiong I didn't have my car to show-off!! Yet again, a lot of Merc drivers are a different profile altogether so I suppose if you're a fat chinese fella, you get away with it, hahaha!!

Got my E90 320i from SB, a guy by the name of Josh handled our case. Went there the 1st time looked at used 116i. He very attentive and managed to convinced us to get a new 118i, and managed to keep poisoning us to get a used E90.....till we settle on a brand new E90!

If he keeps going, we would probably end up with an E60 which I am glad he didn't. :D

Got our ride within 24hrs from the handling over of down payment to him. Very satisfied with his service.

Of course from the fat Chinese guy's description, Pat seems better but for a thin Chinese man's perspective, I am happy with what I get.. :D and Josh deserve every sen of his commission!

With Josh around, I am not afraid to service my car at SB because I'm sure he will kao tim whatever need to be kao tim-ed for my service need.

BTW, my every visit to AB is wearing Ts, shorts and hair not combed, of course I am on RM4xx Timberland moccasin which they would probably noticed.. :D

dear all
I believe is the individual salesman attitude, I bought my E46 from SB and E60 from Glenmarie (waiting for my car to be registered). If you happend to meet someone that is working very long in AB then you might have problem as they had their customer base already, every time a new launch or when their car are due for change, they will poison them and still sell..so if you meet this kind of salesman, throw them out..cause I do receive call rudely to ask me to place booking in their office, I put them off and change to another salesman that come to my office to take my booking. fortunately, they are someone who willing to come over and collect my booking and do what I required. I think the main thing is the individual..
for the servicing part, I do meet a few nice guys who help me a lot even on the good will claim. but I do meet some one new who is trying to show color and this people, give them a good one in order for them to learn.. If AB dunno how to educate their staff, we do it la in the expence of their reputation and in front of all their staff and customer..they will learnt.
my 2 cents.

Top Bottom