ASS coding

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I always wonder if we use ASS often does it affect the starter in long run?

Asked SA and of such it's gonna be fine..

To be honest, I kinda like it as it is. It has become a norm and I will switch off the system after I've started the car.

I've managed to wow my mates/ family members with all the buttons I have to press before I start driving it. hehe...driving my F30 is kinda manoeuvring/ starting up a spaceship.

achtung;786521 said:
bro...its recoded only laa not completely removed.
so now it just remembers ur last setting and not default to on whenever u change driving modes or start the car.

ok bro, but what if we want the function back, do we have to re-code again or no need? sounds like no need eh...that's fine too. Anyway, I don't mind to have the function there and to have to switch it off everytime. It is not a nuisance for me, in fact I find it is fun to have :). The more gadgets the better (slowly turning into gadget nerd mode...hahaha)...

charcoal, in vice versa, once u coded the car, u need to press the ass button to enable it...so u can still drive ur car like a space shuttle minus the hassle hahaa..

charcoal;786573 said:
ok bro, but what if we want the function back, do we have to re-code again or no need? sounds like no need eh...that's fine too. Anyway, I don't mind to have the function there and to have to switch it off everytime. It is not a nuisance for me, in fact I find it is fun to have :). The more gadgets the better (slowly turning into gadget nerd mode...hahaha)...

Lol! When my fren test drive my car, I'm like the SA asking them to press this n tat without tell them why is tat so once engine started. From their face. One word. IMPRESSED. :rock:

YNWA;786690 said:
Lol! When my fren test drive my car, I'm like the SA asking them to press this n tat without tell them why is tat so once engine started. From their face. One word. IMPRESSED. :rock:

i will be LESS impressed if i have to press so many buttons before i can start driving.....

Hahaha.. Press all d then say passengers, this is captain XXX, now we are preparing for take off. Thank you.

mugz;786544 said:
I always wonder if we use ASS often does it affect the starter in long run?

Asked SA and of such it's gonna be fine..

I read on the US forums and it says that it is mentioned in the manual that the use of ASS may increase wear of certain engine components. Have yet to check the car manual myself on this.

mugz;786824 said:
Hahaha.. Press all d then say passengers, this is captain XXX, now we are preparing for take off. Thank you.

Hehehe! All cabin crew! Prepare to take off!! Woohoo! :cool:

Yeah, frequent shut down and restarting of the engine will take a toll on the starter motor. The Service Advisor told me so in confidence.

Tot so, after all it's a machine.

Well, first day got the car I already gave a product training to my beloved family members so that they are aware of this. Hahaha.

So the ASS code is just to remember the previous setting? Meaning turn off ASS then it will remain off until I turn it back on?

mugz;787184 said:

Well, first day got the car I already gave a product training to my beloved family members so that they are aware of this. Hahaha.

So the ASS code is just to remember the previous setting? Meaning turn off ASS then it will remain off until I turn it back on?
yups, precisely...

mugz;787184 said:

not quite really...

tested mine...

it stays OFF once u switch it OFF... UNLESS... u change to eco pro mode, then it is automatically switched ON.
If the ASS is OFF and u switch to sports or sports + , it stays OFF unless u switch it ON

there u go...

Ya... I was told that way... They overwrite the whole system as it will defeat the point of Eco plus.

Hmmmmm

Had an awkward moment few days ago. Was trying to switch off the ASS when I accidentally turned off the engine. Gear is in D. Have to brake, put in P, press brake and turn on engine again. The driver at the back must be #$%^& at me! Haha.

Nightswan;787979 said:
Had an awkward moment few days ago. Was trying to switch off the ASS when I accidentally turned off the engine. Gear is in D. Have to brake, put in P, press brake and turn on engine again. The driver at the back must be #$%^& at me! Haha.
hehehe bro, imagine if you were a pilot and did that:wink:

Hahahah. 3rd week and I couldn't even bother to turn it off. Just let it be. Already used to it. Only I caught in jam or drive into the city I will off it...

I always forget to switch it off when I get in the car. But will always switch if off when it kicks in during the journey. Need to get it coded!

Nightswan;787979 said:
This was exactly what happened to me as well....and let's put it this way, it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me and got me all riled up to take this matter up to BMW Malaysia and get the re-code done

Top Bottom