Auto Start Stop (ASS) good or bad ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I must admit initially I was real annoyed with the jerking start stop, now got.used to

The ASS in an Alfa Romeo Giulietta is really smooth. I love the feature. Only downside, for example when I'm at a junction, I tend to press full on the brake while waiting for my turn to go out, passerby (pedestrian) next to the car would think I stalled the engine. They'll start giving me 'the face' soon after.

when i press on it, the lights on mean its disable or enable? cux when the light not on. my engine stop when i stop my car for few second..

KengKok;814495 said:
I must admit initially I was real annoyed with the jerking start stop, now got.used to

Concur,.. normally just let the ASS activated unless traffic is crawling,.. then really suXX!!! but again, just disable at ur convenience. :top:

Besides the rough jerk on engine restarting, the position of the Auto Start-Stop button could be better. There was a time when I pressed the wrong button (Engine Start-Stop).

TheTinkerer;817729 said:
Besides the rough jerk on engine restarting, the position of the Auto Start-Stop button could be better. There was a time when I pressed the wrong button (Engine Start-Stop).

I agree with you that the ASS button is too close to the Engine Start Stop button and I have also mistakenly pressed the wrong button and stalled my car in traffic.

splee;817739 said:
I agree with you that the ASS button is too close to the Engine Start Stop button and I have also mistakenly pressed the wrong button and stalled my car in traffic.

Me to.....

Lesson learnt is to always deactivate the Auto Start-Stop before driving. My experience was a little worse. I accidentally pressed the wrong button when my car was rolling and the car comes to complete stop (rough jerk, I think the drive train locked) abruptly.

TheTinkerer;818109 said:
Lesson learnt is to always deactivate the Auto Start-Stop before driving. My experience was a little worse. I accidentally pressed the wrong button when my car was rolling and the car comes to complete stop (rough jerk, I think the drive train locked) abruptly.

This can damage the gear box I think.

after spending RM190, i'm finally rid of the ASS without having to switch it off each time :elefant:

I put neutral while I am waiting at the traffic... This is my habit... It will disable the ass.... By the way, if the ass button is in a hole, then, press the ass hole....hehe

I dont believe we should pay a dime for turning this function off.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/13/bmw-allowing-dealers-to-re-program-start-stop/

In an official service bulletin from BMW. They have acknowledged that the function is a pain in the ass and the customers have the prerogative to request for it to be disabled.

I have already forwarded said bulletin to my SA @ Ingress and asked her to void the charges.

I am not paying RM 200 for some dumb ass function which should follow my last user setting instead of defaulting to "ON"

omnimech;825919 said:
I dont believe we should pay a dime for turning this function off.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/08/13/bmw-allowing-dealers-to-re-program-start-stop/

In an official service bulletin from BMW. They have acknowledged that the function is a pain in the ass and the customers have the prerogative to request for it to be disabled.

I have already forwarded said bulletin to my SA @ Ingress and asked her to void the charges.

I am not paying RM 200 for some dumb ass function which should follow my last user setting instead of defaulting to "ON"

Let us know if you manage to get it reprogrammed for free. Thank you.

ASS will also be activated once ECO Pro mode is selected, again have to switch it off..

Top Bottom