ASS coding

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;783631 said:
i just got off the phone with ingress. they can only accept appointments for coding work after Nov 19, due to 'manpower constraints'... :stupid:
Bro, you managed to get them to do it for free?

Quote from F30 post
There's an easily learned technique of pressing the brake hard after stopping and then immediately lightening the pressure on the brake a bit. This will also obviate the auto-stop function. This technique is documented in the manual.

Confirm it is in the manual, I didn't RTFM

willy5;785712 said:
Quote from F30 post
There's an easily learned technique of pressing the brake hard after stopping and then immediately lightening the pressure on the brake a bit. This will also obviate the auto-stop function. This technique is documented in the manual.

Confirm it is in the manual, I didn't RTFM

Is it in there? darn may have missed that one.

I have the cable and software for the F30 but don't dare to change any of the functions yet. Will try with something smaller first and see how it goes from there.

c-square;784052 said:
Bro, you managed to get them to do it for free?

naah.. still haven't got it done because they insist on doing it on a weekday as the process will take 'the entire day'. saturdays cannot, not enuff time. and it'll cost me about RM260. stupid..

Why is there so much discrepancies in terms of charges imposed by the different Service Centres? Just goes to show that despite BMW MY allows the re-coding to be done (although not recommended) but was silent on service charges. As such these SC conveniently find it fit to charge a fee, whatever the amount they deem fit. Damn....that shouldn't be the case.

recoded the ASS @ ingress
cost me rm 159 plus tax ..

now it works just the way i like it!!!!

Where can we get the coding cable from. Better yet who has tried coding their F30 successfully. Please share. Thanks.

Paultan;786362 said:
Where can we get the coding cable from. Better yet who has tried coding their F30 successfully. Please share. Thanks.

Hi Paul you can get the cable off ebay or some other online sellers for the F30. Costs USD19 for an ethernet to OBD2 cable. I bought it from http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/. If you read around uk forums if you're DIY inclined you can actually build one yourself.

Once you have the cable you will need the BMW E-Sys software and the pin together with the data files.

It's sounds fishy with different dealer charging different rate. ASS annoys me most of the time but back to think of it, I guess I've get used to it. Bite the bullet and just press the off button everytime I start the engine. Aii... :sleep:

Yea... But Eco plus have to always use it...

Slowly getting used to it... Hahahhaa

YNWA;786455 said:
It's sounds fishy with different dealer charging different rate. ASS annoys me most of the time but back to think of it, I guess I've get used to it. Bite the bullet and just press the off button everytime I start the engine. Aii... :sleep:
same here, just press the button immediately after starting the engine and it has become a habit :)

just thinking, since it is already there, why throw it away, you never know, as time goes by you may like it.

i think prince vick can do this coding plus a lot other stuff on our car in less than 30 mins and much cheaper than the dealer.

charcoal;786502 said:
same here, just press the button immediately after starting the engine and it has become a habit :)

just thinking, since it is already there, why throw it away, you never know, as time goes by you may like it.

bro...its recoded only laa not completely removed.
so now it just remembers ur last setting and not default to on whenever u change driving modes or start the car.

glock_8;786511 said:
i think prince vick can do this coding plus a lot other stuff on our car in less than 30 mins and much cheaper than the dealer.

prince vick got warranty issues???

like any coding that a diy'er did through the hidden menu..i believe its like a tick/untick menu so to speak. unless its a reporgramming..then a warranty is a must.

achtung;786522 said:
prince vick got warranty???

glock_8;786535 said:
like any coding that a diy'er did through the hidden menu..i believe its like a tick/untick menu so to speak. unless its a reporgramming..then a warranty is a must.

ic... thanks bro

5 minutes to recode. No details on the warranty though. Car has gone in and out - they didnt even notice.

Top Bottom