ASS coding

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
natalie;779027 said:
hi all, oh so AB can recode the ASS ..wow. If i bought from Quill, can I send my car to Ingress or AB to recode the ASS default? it seems Quill is unable to do recoding Im not sure why. When Im on eco pro, the ASS automatically turns on and I can switch it off but after a while..it goes back on by itself..is this normal? thank u..

i got a call few days back from quill that they got the ASS code ready (to remember the last status). asking me to make appointment for them to reprogram.
maybe you want to check with your SA again.

Leoabp;779369 said:
i got a call few days back from quill that they got the ASS code ready (to remember the last status). asking me to make appointment for them to reprogram.
maybe you want to check with your SA again.

Good news!
How abt Ingress? Do they offer free of chrg as well?

Hi all,
Just to share that i got my ASS coding done in Quill and it is FREE. It took almost a full day for them to upgrade the iDrive software, and apply the code. Now my car able to remember the last status of the ASS setting. Oh ya, it comes with free car wash as well :p

Good luck.

Hye guys, since this topic about coding..

do you guys have any idea who can do this coding other than BMW ??

because, not only we can off the ASS, we can do some coding like video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVjRe4z9Xc

i did check on bimmerpost.. got this one guys teaching all the stuffs, but its way too hard for to catch up..

whats u guys think abt this ???

Leoabp;781713 said:
Hi all,
Just to share that i got my ASS coding done in Quill and it is FREE. It took almost a full day for them to upgrade the iDrive software, and apply the code. Now my car able to remember the last status of the ASS setting. Oh ya, it comes with free car wash as well :p

Good luck.

Good piece of infor bro! I got mine from Quill as well. Is tat a special request before they extend the free coding? Was thinking to get mine done. It's annoying really..

YNWA;781761 said:
Good piece of infor bro! I got mine from Quill as well. Is tat a special request before they extend the free coding? Was thinking to get mine done. It's annoying really..

I wrote a complain in BMW website, and they contacted me few days later. You may want to try to call your SA and see whether you can arrange for you, but i think write to BMW website is more efficient ;)

Leoabp;781921 said:
I wrote a complain in BMW website, and they contacted me few days later. You may want to try to call your SA and see whether you can arrange for you, but i think write to BMW website is more efficient ;)

Thanks Leoabp! This ASS is really a pain in the A**. Gonna try the website & SA to get rid of it once n for all. :top:

will be taking my car to Ingress for 2nd service this saturday. lets see what they can do about the ASS.

Ok guys, this is the official response I got, albeit indirectly, from BMW Malaysia on the ASS about two weeks ago (sorry, couldn't pose this update any earlier as I was busy travelling). Anyway....BMW Malaysia has acknowledged the slew of complaints and discontent shown by its "F-cars" customers (thanks to those whom had voiced their unhappiness with the ASS function with BMW Malaysia and/or through their respective car dealers) but at the present moment, BMW Malaysia will not issue any official statement/bulletin to announce their acquiescence to allow for the re-coding of the ASS. This is because such announcement will serve to contradict the objective and aspiration of BMW in its pursuit of becoming a socially-responsible car company that produces energy efficient cars that are friendly to the environment.

An exerpt from an article about this.....
"For the 8th straight year, the BMW Group has been named as the world's most sustainable automotive company in a ranking recently published by the SAM Group for the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI). The ranking lists three automotive industry companies every year, and the BMW Group is the only enterprise that has been present in the index for 14 consecutive years. The BMW Group's inclusion in the ranking is not surprising as the company has firmly embedded sustainability in its culture and corporate strategy. It is of note that the BMW Group was the first carmaker in the automotive industry to name an environmental officer back in 1973. Eighteen years later in 2001, the group made a committement to the United Nations Environment Programme, the UN Global Compact and the Cleaner Production Declaration. The German carmaker achieved its all-time best score in the index, scoring 99 of 100 points. It shows that BMW Group is not only a leader in the automotive industry but is also among the top three companies from all sectors globally..."

Premised on the above, the ASS unfortunately is here to stay! and also explains why BMW Malaysia is reluctant in doing the ASS recoding for us.

Despair not, my fellow brethren for all is not lost... Given some of our "strongly worded" (or shall I say "convincing") argument put forth to BMW Malaysia, they are relenting, albeit unofficially, to allow for the re-coding to be done free-of-charge. However this will be done on a case-to-case basis. So guys, for those of you who wants it done, go to your respective dealers, talk to your service advisor and convince them to do it for you for free. INSIST if you must (haha). As you might have noticed based on the postings above, some of us have already managed to get it done for free.

I am trying to get the ASS coding to be done on my new car as well. Sort of indirectly asked about it but being rejected by Quill. I will try again.

Anyone else managed to get free coding done by Quill?

"...it will cost you RMxxx to re-code..." is the standard reply to deter one from changing the default setting of the ASS function. The next line of deterrant is that you will be told "..it will take the entire day, or sometimes more, to do the re-coding, so gotta leave your car there overnight".

that's right. they couldn't do it last saturday (half working day) as they said the work requires a full day. do they really think we haven't seen a BMW plugged to a computer before?? it only takes minutes! ridiculous..

I have seen one of our forummer here who can do it in 5 minutes and it works perfectly. If not for the warranty issue, I'll get the said forummer to do it for me.

Ingress called me and said it will cost me rm 180 to recode, this after i wrote in to bmw malaysia.
looks like no free coding??

Can recode yourself. Please dont pay them. 5 minutes at most.
I have coded.. car has been sent back various time - doubt they even notice.

i just got off the phone with ingress. they can only accept appointments for coding work after Nov 19, due to 'manpower constraints'... :stupid:

cafee;783626 said:
Can recode yourself. Please dont pay them. 5 minutes at most.
I have coded.. car has been sent back various time - doubt they even notice.

will this void the warranty bro?
rm 180 is a small price to pay compared to losing the warranty .. last thing i want is to lose warranty for the electronics!!!!
although it will be good if bmw gives it for free!!!

Top Bottom