ASS coding

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
How about adding the Aircon Recirculate mode to permanently Recirculate instead of Auto while you are at it...

Also possible to code.

3er;775602 said:
How about adding the Aircon Recirculate mode to permanently Recirculate instead of Auto while you are at it...

whw;775543 said:
Done! Have sent a message to BMW Malaysia requesting for FOC recoding of ASS to 'last user mode' as being provided overseas.
Cool....and thanks for lending yet another voice

donkz36;775590 said:
Asked Ingress Auto (LDP) service team today about the ASS recoding and the dude there confirmed that recoding can be done but at additional cost to owner. His explanation is that the f30 was designed to default ASS on and if customer decides to have it otherwise then it will be deemed as a 'change request'.

You are absolutely correct to suggest that it is now possible to re-code as BMW Malaysia has recently taken cognisance of our "angst" with the ASS and has accordingly allowed for it. If one wants to do it, it will cost between RM150 - RM200 (or so I was informed). Anyway, the next phase I am pursuing now is for them to offer complimentary re-coding as what is currently practised in other countries. I know the cost of RM200 might be seen as a small amount to many but as a matter of principal I think BMW should not treat us Malaysian any different from those in other countries.

c-square,

RM150-200 is not a small amount of money. I can buy myself a nice steak dinner with appetizer and desert for that money. It should be done for free as it's provided overseas. And, I read on another forum that the BMW quick reference guide, at the last end the guide, even states that starting and stopping the car frequently will increase wear and tear of the car!

whw

ASS, I think bmw refer to our ass. Such jerking is unbearable.

I will go back ask them coded it to remember last setting. If not, bang table.

hi everyone, Im new here so not so use to the threads posting formats yet..forgive me if i post on wrong threads. Is it possible to get the ASS decoded from Quill or AB so its not default on on mode? I find the jerkiness of the f30 ASS function totally unbearable . and may i know whats the difference between ASS mode and eco pro..im a bit confuse...

Natalie,
The default setting of the ASS function is "always on" whenever you turn on your engine, as such you'll to always remember to switch it off each and every time you get behind the wheel, which is a pain in the BUM. On EcoPro mode, the engine is supposed to go into a setting that will consume the least energy and fuel, thus when you are on EcoPro mode, you cannot turn off the ASS function.

Yes, at the moment you can request your BMW dealer to decode it to "last user mode" but they will charge you between RM150-RM200. What we are pursuing at the moment is to get BMW Malaysia to agree to provide the decoding as a complimentary service since it is offered as such overseas.

thank u so much for ur reply. now im more aware of the eco pro mode. didnt know before what its use for . oh they can decode it now for a fee? hmm yes certainly not right to charge for that ...

c-square;777298 said:
Natalie,
The default setting of the ASS function is "always on" whenever you turn on your engine, as such you'll to always remember to switch it off each and every time you get behind the wheel, which is a pain in the BUM. On EcoPro mode, the engine is supposed to go into a setting that will consume the least energy and fuel, thus when you are on EcoPro mode, you cannot turn off the ASS function.

Yes, at the moment you can request your BMW dealer to decode it to "last user mode" but they will charge you between RM150-RM200. What we are pursuing at the moment is to get BMW Malaysia to agree to provide the decoding as a complimentary service since it is offered as such overseas.

I can turn ASS off in Eco mode. If you were in Comfort with ASS off, then you switch to Eco mode, ASS is automatically turned on, but you can still switch it off by pressing the ASS button.

Yes, I have the same experience with willy5. ASS can be turned off in Eco Pro mode.

My car now set in comfort mode,didn't do anything about the ASS except to manually off it but by the 3rd day the ASS remained off at all times,must have malfunctioned,should I leave it be n save the money to decode it permanently off he he

Wolfdire;778137 said:
My car now set in comfort mode,didn't do anything about the ASS except to manually off it but by the 3rd day the ASS remained off at all times,must have malfunctioned,should I leave it be n save the money to decode it permanently off he he

Bro. If it stays off at all times, could it be something is wrong ? What does the tachometer signals says ? Ready or OFF ? I am getting my car this week and ASS seems like a huge issue.

Dear Donovan,

Firstly, congrats on your purchase and impending delivery of your new ride. Just want to clarify that the ASS is not a huge issue per se but more like an "annoyance" so don't let it spoil the joy of owning one. There are currently a couple of avenues available to take care of that so called "annoyance"

Auto Bavaria KL just called me to ask me to bring in my car for the ASS recoding when its convenient for me. It will be done free of charge.

hi all, oh so AB can recode the ASS ..wow. If i bought from Quill, can I send my car to Ingress or AB to recode the ASS default? it seems Quill is unable to do recoding Im not sure why. When Im on eco pro, the ASS automatically turns on and I can switch it off but after a while..it goes back on by itself..is this normal? thank u..

Donovan;778535 said:
Bro. If it stays off at all times, could it be something is wrong ? What does the tachometer signals says ? Ready or OFF ? I am getting my car this week and ASS seems like a huge issue.
Bro Donovan,first of all,congrats on your coming new ride,well as for my ASS it came back on by default again and the SC personal told me that maybe it stayed off for a while cause of the memory set from last ride,anyway he told me he's waiting for BMW Malaysia about decoding it off but not free for now,agree with Bro C Square its not a huge issue just an annoyance so just enjoy the ride...

Top Bottom