A6 Hybrid vs 520d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
rattlesnake1982;842086 said:
Actually it's human nature la, people tend to do so, but if u are the onli customer walking in, regardless of what's your attire, and they still ignote u, then they deserve to be hammered la...
Audi more of built quality materials, interior and exteriorly n perhaps their ICE gadgets? Driving experience cannot beat bmw la... I tested their A4 before, cannot la...

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

Which cars have you not tested la? Hehehe ...

I got offer from AB. F10, 520d pre-registered, zero mileage at RM278k. Not the latest facelift version tho, registered in Nov2013 but potential buyer can't get loan approval. So, salesman wanted to sell it off.

At the same time, my friend says he managed to get a new Audi A6 Hybrid for me at RM308k (full specs).

Now that I can get F10 520d cheaper than Audi A6 Hybrid, I really can't decide even tho after reading this thread. Not sure if anyone can help me with:

1. Resale value between F10 520d and Hybrid A6 say after 5 years ownership. Which is better?
2. What's the difference between the new facelift F10 compare with the previous F10?
3. Euro 2 diesel on F10, 520d. My mechanic strongly discourage me to run Euro2 on 520d saying it's going to cost more maintenance. Any comment on this?

I have to decide which one to get soon coz my current E60, 520i already 10 years. Spent close to 40k maintenance last year for top overhaul, gearbox overhaul etc.

Its really up to you.

For me, I chose F10 520i (not D, i know) over A6 Hybrid...

Reasons:
1) No more A6 Hybrid and Sales person said not coming in anymore.
2) Ordered F10 520i new facelift and got it delievered 3 days later.
End of story. Lol

But I was really contemplating until I was told there was no more A6 Hybrid.

In terms of electronics and gadgets, i think both are comparable with F10 having a larger screen.

Boot space A6 a bit less cause of the batteries compared to F10.

Mileage and fuel saving, not really an issue to me but of course hybrid better but marginally if long distance trips, if short in town trips, then hybrid wins. Talking about Diesel, might be almost the same as hybrid or better and fuel also cheaper than gasoline which is used in hybrid

Maintenance after 5 years, yet to find out but I am guessing Hybrid might be a little more expensive considering the batteries and stuff might need to be replaced with everything else being the same on either car ie, belt, car battery, brakes, etc.

0-100 figures, when buying hybrid or 520i/d, one doesn't really look at those, if you are looking at those figures you should be comparing A6 3.0T and 528/535i.

Drive quality, both are comparable and comfy on comfort modes and sporty in sports and sports+ mode...

Navigation, i think Audi kind of wins on this with the google maps integration but that is from what i've read, never tried out navi when doing test drive. For 520i, awesome but needs some getting use to.

both have the same safety and comfort specs like abs, esp, etc. and 4 zone AC however your 520d would only have 2 zone AC for the front, not back. But then you wouldn't care as you would be the one driving and not having a driver drive you around.

A6 hybrid compared to your 520D, keyless entry and start... thats convenient, I mean VERY convenient. your 520D might not have it, need to check and reconfirm.

Thats about it...

I would have bought the A6 hybrid there and then if they had a test drive unit and stock. But for now, I am enjoying the F10 520 new facelift with digital meter. Pretty awesome changing colors from RED/Black/Blue...

over and out...

Oh btw, the facelift F10 itouch idrive thingamajig is pretty useless IMHO since i am a right handed writer/ambidextrous sports. Almost laughable if i try to write things with my left finger on the iDrive. Good concept, bad implementation. US/German drivers would benefit from this tho since they are left hand drives...

Thks Bernardryan. After spending 2 days looking around and checking with friends and mech, kind of lean towards F10. Only thing is I've not tried Diesel engine before. Still have not decided on 520d or 520i though

Cool...
520d- Good mileage and cheaper fuel compared to 520i.
520d noisier engine compared to 520i even more so on the pre-LCI models.

Take your time and look carefully. Test drive test drive and test drive, but end of the day a BMW is still a BMW no matter what and even more so a 5er... :)

Happy hunting... Check out Quill, they had a couple of pre owned 528i preLCI (1.5 - 2.5k km) going for the price of 520i LCI 2014 models.. could give that a go also...

Top Bottom