A review of my 2010 F02 730Li

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wobbles

Rarely active
My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

wobbles;683475 said:
All this while, I had the impression that if you wanted a car to trash around on the roads, with a harsh ride and violent acceleration, BMW was the way to go. And if you wanted a stately elegance, a cocoon to buffet you from the bumps on the road, you’d go for a Merc. Well, I frankly didn’t think the BMW E65 could take the best elements of both aspects and meld it into one successful product. But it did, and we were hooked.

I like this sentence.

I would have loved to keep the E65, but another factor we Singaporeans have to live with is the price of the Certificate of Entitlement (COE) – and that was rapidly climbing skyward.

I dunt quite understand this, u mean u wanna locked in the price of COE b4 it climbed further, so you bought a new F02?

So, it’s now coming up to just under a year of running the F02. We’ve clocked only about 4000km (yes, yes, Singapore’s size is pathetic), and we’ve yet to let the F02 stretch her legs up the PLUS North South Highway, but in the time we’ve owned our second 7 series, we’ve experienced nothing but (to steal BMW’s tagline) JOY.

It is time for your new baby to take a good breath at PLUS, with only 4000km per year the engine might rust! ha ha

test her limit to >240km/h!

EL118;683675 said:
I dunt quite understand this, u mean u wanna locked in the price of COE b4 it climbed further, so you bought a new F02?

Hi, EL118 - bingo! That's the exact intention. When I bough the E65, the COE was $18K. When I locked in the F02, the COE had reached $62K. That was last year end. Just a week or so ago, the COE breached $75K. And, quite scarily, there's every chance that it'll crack $100K in the near future. It's absolutely ridiculous that a piece of paper that confers you the 'permission' to purchase a car, could cost more than a car!

andrewk;683666 said:
Welcome! Pics of your beauty is most appreciated :)

Hi andrewk,

I would LOVE to post pictures of my car - but I don't know how to. Could I load pictures up onto this forum directly from my hard drive? I don't have a flicker or whatever account (I'm not some young IT-savvy spring chicken... I know basic internet stuff, and I mean B.A.S.I.C ... and that's about it). If anyone can help guide me through the steps on posting pictures or even videos, I'd be much obliged (I took a couple of videos with my iphone of the Advance Driver Training session I attended at Pasir Gudang recently - really cool videos of cars oversteering and spinning at the skidpan).

wobbles;683692 said:
Hi andrewk,

I would LOVE to post pictures of my car - but I don't know how to. Could I load pictures up onto this forum directly from my hard drive? I don't have a flicker or whatever account (I'm not some young IT-savvy spring chicken... I know basic internet stuff, and I mean B.A.S.I.C ... and that's about it). If anyone can help guide me through the steps on posting pictures or even videos, I'd be much obliged (I took a couple of videos with my iphone of the Advance Driver Training session I attended at Pasir Gudang recently - really cool videos of cars oversteering and spinning at the skidpan).

I'm not exactly Mr Gates / Jobs myself, but I upload my photos into photobucket (u can create a free account) and copy the link of the photo (you can see the link at the bottom of the pictures once it is uploaded into photobucket) into a posting.

andrewk;683697 said:
I'm not exactly Mr Gates / Jobs myself, but I upload my photos into photobucket (u can create a free account) and copy the link of the photo (you can see the link at the bottom of the pictures once it is uploaded into photobucket) into a posting.

Thanks! It sounds simple enough for a novice like me to try out :) watch this space for pictures galore - if I'm successful!

Nice write-up bro..It is such an awesome experience owning 2 7series BMW..Thanks for sharing

My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

hi bro, i thought 21" will be rough too, how do you find it comfortable?

EL118;683719 said:
hi bro, i thought 21" will be rough too, how do you find it comfortable?

Bro EL118,

The F02 is an incredibly accomplished vehicle - and, with Adaptive Drive, you could tune the suspension settings 4 ways - Comfort, Normal, Sport and Sport+. Whenever wife rides with me, the car is in Comfort mode - and truth be told, even with the 21" rims, the ride is STILL softer and quieter than the original 18" run flats!

Old730i.jpg

I post the photo again bro...no justice with a small pic...hehe..BTW, what rims are u using bro? Just curious, thanks..

730Liwheel02.jpg

If anything, I was engaged with the write-up. Absolutely fluid the flow is. Congrats on the coming anniversary.

JFT63;683768 said:
I post the photo again bro...no justice with a small pic...hehe..BTW, what rims are u using bro? Just curious, thanks...

Thanks JFT63! I'm still learning how to post pictures correctly, so appreciate the help. My rims are BMW 21" rim model 312. The specs are:

Front alloy wheels: 21x8.5" ET25
Wheel part number: BMW*36116787610

Rear alloy wheels: 21x10" ET41
Wheel part number: BMW*36116787611

No regrets till now, except for a minor kerb rash on the passenger front wheel, when I backed into a particularly sneaky hidden kerb one time, haizzzzz.

bimmerholic;683779 said:
If anything, I was engaged with the write-up. Absolutely fluid the flow is. Congrats on the coming anniversary.

Thank you! Am very happy with the car. With 4000km on the clock, the engine is just about broken in, and ripe for exploitation. Thank you also for the kind words about the write up. This was really my first attempt ever at writing a car review - wasn't sure how it would go down with the forumers, but I guess all of us being petrol heads, we can understand each others' passion for our rides :).

Nice rims! I believe most of the F01s/2s here in Malaysia are shod with the same ones. Have seen a couple of 740iLs with the same rims previously. :top:

Eggie86;683798 said:
Nice rims! I believe most of the F01s/2s here in Malaysia are shod with the same ones. Have seen a couple of 740iLs with the same rims previously. :top:

I think the standard specifications in BMW cars are higher in Malaysia than in Singapore. I mean, over here, we get crummy 18" rims, and you said the F01/02s you've seen on the roads come with the 312 design - that's additional payable in Singapore :(.

Top Bottom