325 Sports vs IS250 vs new C Class

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
dannis;275861 said:
guys... need help from E90 325 to beat the new class... my 320 seems can't....

At what speed was that photo taken? The Star on Sunday had an article about the comparison. According to 2 of the journalists, low speed the C accelerates faster if I remember correctly.

doing 0-100 test... The c is faster than my 4 potter... Why compare with 320? simply bcos the prices is just slight higher than 320 and much lower than 325...

Oh well, the extra 34 bhp is just too much for the 320i to make up even with that extra gear. Besides, the new C200K has 250 Nm of torque which is equal to a 325i and 20 Nm more than my 323i. In curvy roads such as going up Camerons or Genting, the 320i should have much better poise.

I think the C200k is actually competing against the BMW 323i (aka JPB's and Energy's car), while the 325i against the C230 V6 in terms of performance.

BTW, fantastic photo shot. Which car was in front of the other 2 in the sprint? hehe

E46Fanatic;275898 said:
I think the C200k is actually competing against the BMW 323i (aka JPB's and Energy's car), while the 325i against the C230 V6 in terms of performance.

BTW, fantastic photo shot. Which car was in front of the other 2 in the sprint? hehe

A Lexus IS250 or even a Civic 2.0?!! Hahaha... or some guy standing next to the road...

E46Fanatic;275898 said:

U are right! It was also mentioned in the recent review on the last weekend Star paper.

Juan Powerblow;275905 said:
A Lexus IS250 or even a Civic 2.0?!! Hahaha... or some guy standing next to the road...

you r right..had a civic vtec 2.0 in front of me doing 200kmh on the straights nr penang..and still got strong acceleration..quite difficult to keep up..

BMW9700;275930 said:
you r right..had a civic vtec 2.0 in front of me doing 200kmh on the straights nr penang..and still got strong acceleration..quite difficult to keep up..

I assume you are talking about Type R. The normal 2.0 has only 155HP. Type R is another animal alltogether. However, type R is a high rev machine and max power comes in at 8000 RPM! If I am not mistaken, the top speed of Type R is 235kmh. So it is still slightly less than 325i's :burnout:

my poor 320i is also a 4-potter, it might lose in raw power (bhp and Nm), but it makes up for an involving drive, easy identification (via those much loved DRLs), and its oh-so-tunable looks (refer to GHS's and DY's ride, my inspirations).

i still love the Lexus though... best in class gadgets wise, cool factor, and stereo!!!

I did mention in another thread that I had a Civic 2.0 on my tail a few weeks ago and I could only keep the guy at bay via a small margin of 2-3 car lengths! This is particularly painful for me cos the E92 in Malaysia only came in 323i guise (besides the 335i which is a whopping RM130K more expensive and in the 530i price category!). The extra 28 bhp in a 325i was sorely missed that night! I don't mean to offend anyone but judging by how fast the Civic 2.0 went, I think it can bury even the latest E90 320i.

The Civic Type R is another story cos from what I've read, this car can take-on and edge off the 330i.

Conclusion here: JPB is trying to tell me dun play play with civic 2.0 :smokin:

In this case, I'll normally tail him but not overtake him (Even I can't la)... Car in front will always feel more pressure than the rear 1... hehe

Next is what we learn to watch Michael Schumacher on track.
Tail him until he make mistake haha....

Sorry guys, just to make myself feel better

spore price of is250, c200k, 325i

IS250 is listed at sgd 139k but can get it at low 120k, resale value worst than even 320i according to borneo motors sales rep.

c200k is listed at sgd 156k, 1-2 k discount as it is still new. no diff between avantgarde and elegance spec for now.

325i is listed at sgd 178k, 323i at 158k (highline at 168k). discounts and promotional offers vary from 1-10k depending on time of the year.

Juan Powerblow;276418 said:
I did mention in another thread that I had a Civic 2.0 on my tail a few weeks ago and I could only keep the guy at bay via a small margin of 2-3 car lengths! This is particularly painful for me cos the E92 in Malaysia only came in 323i guise (besides the 335i which is a whopping RM130K more expensive and in the 530i price category!). The extra 28 bhp in a 325i was sorely missed that night! I don't mean to offend anyone but judging by how fast the Civic 2.0 went, I think it can bury even the latest E90 320i.

The Civic Type R is another story cos from what I've read, this car can take-on and edge off the 330i.

the CTR(Civic Type-R) sedan is indeed a very fast car..but its more of a track tool than an everyday driver.the 330i might lose out on outright speed,but the CTR won't be able to match the 330i's overall refinement and high speed poise.
the ride quality of the CTR is wooden at best..its just too stiff for normal roads,even the highway is too much for the CTR..u'll be backing down 90% of the time to smoothen out the ride,just like my experience with my STi(tho i'd say my STi rides much better on coilovers than the CTR's standard setup).

now,a Civic 2.0 with a light pressure turbo..now that's a different story.i'd still choose a 330i tho..

dannis;276492 said:
Conclusion here: JPB is trying to tell me dun play play with civic 2.0 :smokin:

In this case, I'll normally tail him but not overtake him (Even I can't la)... Car in front will always feel more pressure than the rear 1... hehe

Next is what we learn to watch Michael Schumacher on track.
Tail him until he make mistake haha....

Sorry guys, just to make myself feel better

hehehee, but you'll get chipped if you tailgate !

supergripen;287745 said:
the CTR(Civic Type-R) sedan is indeed a very fast car..but its more of a track tool than an everyday driver.the 330i might lose out on outright speed,but the CTR won't be able to match the 330i's overall refinement and high speed poise.
the ride quality of the CTR is wooden at best..its just too stiff for normal roads,even the highway is too much for the CTR..u'll be backing down 90% of the time to smoothen out the ride,just like my experience with my STi(tho i'd say my STi rides much better on coilovers than the CTR's standard setup).

now,a Civic 2.0 with a light pressure turbo..now that's a different story.i'd still choose a 330i tho..

Oh... how I wished I had a 335i instead. That would be really nice!

I read somewhere the CTR is CBU Japan and had a speed cut device at 185kph or something.. can still try your luck. If limiter removed, it tops out before 230kph, confirm makan E90 320i :( ... but 325i no fear. But really, that is like riding a cowboy wagon la.. ours one is like enjoy the European scenery in a Eurostar.. What is there to compare.. :D That CTR is stripped to the bone la. Under the dash is kosong one, tingkap all nipis wan, lantai no bitumin wan.. U need to drive with a muffler or risk becoming deaf!!

Turbo Civic, lagi teruk, go highway, after speeding for 50km, sure need to stop and use the satay kipas to fan the turbine.. jia lat.. :D They become the scenery when our Eurostar cruise by.. :D So quiet the satay guy don't even notice it.. :D

For RM199k on CTR, I rather get a Eurostar.. :D

Hahahaha! Kipas satay! Good one astroboy, we share a love for wacky imagery. :D

astroboy;287923 said:
I read somewhere the CTR is CBU Japan and had a speed cut device at 185kph or something.. can still try your luck. If limiter removed, it tops out before 230kph, confirm makan E90 320i :( ... but 325i no fear. But really, that is like riding a cowboy wagon la.. ours one is like enjoy the European scenery in a Eurostar.. What is there to compare.. :D That CTR is stripped to the bone la. Under the dash is kosong one, tingkap all nipis wan, lantai no bitumin wan.. U need to drive with a muffler or risk becoming deaf!!

Turbo Civic, lagi teruk, go highway, after speeding for 50km, sure need to stop and use the satay kipas to fan the turbine.. jia lat.. :D They become the scenery when our Eurostar cruise by.. :D So quiet the satay guy don't even notice it.. :D

For RM199k on CTR, I rather get a Eurostar.. :D

wah, it's not so worthless like you said dude...but then again, it's targeted at a whole different niche market.

Anyways, from the personal experience, fd2r cuts at 186km/h stock and can reach 258km/h with an RSM and catback. The 258km/h is from the rsm, give or take 5-8km/h. As for ep3/dc5, tried 243km/h from an RSM, but with usual bolt ons, like IHE, ecu, cams and without FD (final drive 5.0)

To sum it, CTR, ITR....arent really a top speed gunner, but it's a track tool which explains the light weights and the "kosong-ness" like what astroboy said. But you could still see some crazy ass on youtube doing well over 240km/h for the heck of it.

199k on a FD2 CTR, i think it's quite a good catch for a fun trackie !

For a dude like me thats in his late 20s, i'm slowly drifting away from JDM cars and reason of me being in here is pretty obvious horrrrrr......

Top Bottom