325 Sports vs IS250 vs new C Class

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E46Fanatic;255730 said:
Well the CTR costs almost twice a normal Civic 1.8 Vtec hehe. I really like the new Civic Type R, but just imagine after plunking down Rm200k for it, it wont be long before tons of normal Civics 1.8 and 2.0s get sprayed to championship white with all the taiwan mari Type R bodykits which will look just like your car. Quite sucky haha, esp when there will be tons of Civics on the road like that. You can also bet it'll happen sooner than later.

it's already happening!

even honda was encouraging it when they introduced that limited edition blue 'Mugen' Civic.

Juan Powerblow;255731 said:
I believe BMW could have been targeting Daniel for its new 135i Coupe. That should give the Honda Civic Type R something to sweat about. In terms of pricing, it might well be priced more than the Type R but that again is another story, mate!

i'll have one if i don't have to pay for it :smokin:

or 50% off!

Daniel;255737 said:

or 50% off!

Oh well, won't we all. In fact, I think the 135i is one ugly overdosed baby (as well as the Civic Type R - no offense to anyone here, just my view!). I'll trade it in and get the E92 version 335i.

Daniel;255737 said:

or 50% off!

You can't have your cake and eat it, mate... :rolleyes: If new BMWs were cheap and accessible, everyone would have them and they'd lose their exclusivity and appeal.

Why the 325 and not 320 for me? Because I like the Sports package and I like 6-pots...and that's not just for more power. Like a few of us are saying, not all of us are turned on by horsepower alone.

To those who have E90s, can I ask what you guys think of interior space? I feel that the E46 is rather smallish or cramped and this has somewhat given the impression that the BMW 3-series is a small car compared to rivals like C-Class or S60. The E90 is said to have improve this aspect to the extent of being almost like the E34 of yester-years. Is the E90's interior accommodation good enough? What's the feedback from your rear passengers?

Juan Powerblow;255751 said:
To those who have E90s, can I ask what you guys think of interior space? I feel that the E46 is rather smallish or cramped and this has somewhat given the impression that the BMW 3-series is a small car compared to rivals like C-Class or S60. The E90 is said to have improve this aspect to the extent of being almost like the E34 of yester-years. Is the E90's interior accommodation good enough? What's the feedback from your rear passengers?

E90 interior is definitely more spacious as compare to E46. The only problem with all bimmers especially the 3 series is the hump at the rear. It is high and this is causing discomfort for those who sit in the middle rear seat. Apart from this, I think the interior space is not too far different from C class or the S60.

My personal opinion is that the E90 rear legroom is nothing to shout about. It's most suitable for 2 adults only and a child in the centre. With 3 adults, the one seating in the centre will have a hard time, especially ladies who are wearing skirts ;). And if you try to move across from one end to the other, you tend to kick the centre console, and leave some marks there :(

Also, it's a bit hard to get into the rear seats sometimes due to the wide rear fenders. I tried to get into them, nearly everytime I tend to kick against the side skirts or the rear fenders while getting in.

But then again, we didn't exactly get the E90 for its space. If space is the priority, then the 5 series (or Camry, Accord etc) should be the choice...

Surprisingly, I have been getting quite a few compliments on the rear accommodation of my E92! I took 4 adults to Pavillion from PJ over the weekend and it was a breezy, pleasant journey for everyone. My rear passengers included 2 tall friends in the rear. The E92 is strictly a 4-seater though cos the middle rear section houses a small storage panel.

I never lived with an E46, but from what I remember of riding in them, the E90 feels more spacious all round.

Anyway, this baby only needs to satisfy the driver, and front seat passengers who are special. Who gives a sh*t about the rear seat passengers? I didn't buy the car for them and if they don't like my rear seat, they can get into a nice Iswara cab! :19:

Agree with you Schwepps. Driver satisfaction most important. I think I sat in the back seat of my car once or twice in the last 10 years.

The interior space of the E90 is definitely larger than the E46, but I too strongly agree that is meant for 4 adults and 1 kid due to the hump. I have driven driven 5 adults (including myself) to/from Ipoh and it was a very uncomfortable for the person in the middle.

GHS;255754 said:
... the one seating in the centre will have a hard time, especially ladies who are wearing skirts ;). ...

Actually, I have a lady friend who sat in center of my E90 who was literally "thrilled" when the air was blown into her skirt :43:

Having owned E36 and E39 and sat in E46 many times before, I can say that E90 feels much larger and this also supported by actual measurement. I think the leg room improved very little but the width is not very far off even compared to E39. Nevertheless, E39 still feel much more spacious due to longer leg room and slightly more headroom. 3 adults at the back may be OK for short distance but I would probably need to stop a one or two times if I were to travel from KL to Penang (for example).

For me, the interior space of the E90 is "just right". The E46 was a little too cramped, and for me the 5 is a bit too big and showy for me. Maybe when i age a little more, I'd see things differently and would prefer to be seated at the back reading a paper than behind the wheel.... Nah.. will never happen :p

I was contemplating the E60 too but like E46F, found it a big too big and showy for my lifestyle. Like Schwepps, I think it's more important how the driver feels and the E90 is just right. My days as a boyracer are long gone so the 325i's performance would suit me just nice too. It's just a shame it doesn't look good enough to get the right attention esp now there are so many on the roads, driven by aunties.

peanut;255878 said:
Actually, I have a lady friend who sat in center of my E90 who was literally "thrilled" when the air was blown into her skirt :43:

God, i hope she washed there right before that incident!

Schwepps;255747 said:
You can't have your cake and eat it, mate... :rolleyes: If new BMWs were cheap and accessible, everyone would have them and they'd lose their exclusivity and appeal.

Why the 325 and not 320 for me? Because I like the Sports package and I like 6-pots...and that's not just for more power. Like a few of us are saying, not all of us are turned on by horsepower alone.

Something being expensive doesn't make it exclusive.

Schwepps;255747 said:

i have to raise my hand and admit the sat-nav caught my vote for the e90 sports :D and that kick ass m bodykit :X

btw, why la ppl ketuk the mugen civic concept *kecil hati*

Just tested the new C-class, find the sports mode very jerky when changing gears and the power is really pale in comparison to the 325. Interior's really nice though. Also found their version of the iDrive nothing great compared to the 325 sports iDrive. The screen cover is also troublesome when you have to open and close all the time. Conclusion - I think the 325 sports is still a much better car compared to the new C even though it's a fresh new look and car. Just my two cents

If you tested the C200K, it would be no comparison because it's a supercharged 4-pot. I didn't even bother. And I agree iDrive beats Merc's menu controls anytime. Is the V6 C230 avantgarde available yet? Last time I checked, it wasn't. That's the right one to compare with the 325, and the avantgarde looks cool. Elegance is too auntie.

Top Bottom