New C-Class sneak preview at C&C

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Traveler;252039 said:
So I went to see the new C on Saturday. Took my time to look at it all over, and decided I didn't like it at all. The leather seats didn't feel as good as the E90's. Disliked the wood trim (but that's just me and my continuous dislike of wood trim for the past 11 years). Disliked the look of the car, gave me the feeling that it belonged to someone a lot older than me... But that's just my opinion, I guess I am just not cut out for MB. But then again, I just love the SLK :D

Bro Traveler, you should look at the Advantgrade model, it's an entirely different animal altogether. That's why MB has 2 trims to cater for people from the two opposite poles. Get it?:rock:

And that's why I didn't bother going to the preview...I was told only the Elegance would be on show. It's not only trims diff this time, it's a sports setup.

The prices for the C200K Avantgarde and C230 V6 are stunning indeed! :eek:

David Yong;252937 said:
If the C230 V6 is truly selling at RM270k, I think it is really worth getting it!

Yarp! Esp in Avantgarde trim. How is BMW going to sell the 325i Sports at RM308K? I think BMW has to slash prices!

In the comparos i've read on the new C vs the E90, the journalists picked the C over the BMW!! The C350 won in Autocar's comparo with the E90 330i and Oct issue of Autocar had something like 10 hardcore testers driving the C350 who said they'll want it over the E90.

It handles better, an even on the C350 Elegance with high profile tyres and stock suspension, the speed the C class when through the corners on a dry track put the E92 M3 to shame.

I haven't driven one yet, but from what I've read, MikeYew has made the right decision to go with the C for the price range.

I feel it is worth getting it at such price. He definitely have made a correct choice :)

It's the Agility Control suspension, E46F. Like I said, the reviews worldwide have been seriously rave. Let's see how Bavaria responds, whether it'll be in car or pricing. The 3 is their bread and butter unlike the C for MB, where it's truly entry level and they can lower their pricing.

An AMG W204 is expected to be the F1 safety car in the 2008 season, so a lowered silver C230 or C350 Avantgarde with some aerodynamic kit will look pretty cool eh? :burnout:

E46Fanatic;253493 said:
In the comparos i've read on the new C vs the E90, the journalists picked the C over the BMW!! The C350 won in Autocar's comparo with the E90 330i and Oct issue of Autocar had something like 10 hardcore testers driving the C350 who said they'll want it over the E90.

It handles better, an even on the C350 Elegance with high profile tyres and stock suspension, the speed the C class when through the corners on a dry track put the E92 M3 to shame.

I haven't driven one yet, but from what I've read, MikeYew has made the right decision to go with the C for the price range.

Yet again, I'm speaking from my arse cos I haven't driven the new C, much less the new C350! But at entry level I don't expect the new C to beat the E90 in terms of performance or driving satisfaction. Yet again, the new C is great looking and sadly, make the E90 look a bit dated, particularly if the E90 is stock! (hear, hear those who haven't modded their E90s... racun!!). So, Mikey... I'm in fact a bit envious in saying what I say lor...

I would never have considered a C before. Just too stereotypically "My first Merc only...actually I'd rather an E or S" Wifey can have a Merc not me, and to have 2 silver Mercs in the drive is so....yawn.

But I have to say, a W204 Avantgarde dollied up ala F1 safety car has my imagination going... :thrasher:

Schwepps;253510 said:
It's the Agility Control suspension, E46F.

Actually, on the track when the C and the M3 was tested with a few other cars, the electronic stability systems for all cars were switched off both in the dry and wet track runs! So it was raw mechanical grip, balance and poise of the C class which gave it impressive conering speeds even in stock Elegance trim!

The M3 did much better in the wet than expected due to the trick M differential if I remember right.

E46Fanatic;253618 said:
Actually, on the track when the C and the M3 was tested with a few other cars, the electronic stability systems for all cars were switched off both in the dry and wet track runs!

That's truly astounding! :eek: The reviews I read gave the Agility Control Suspension top marks too, and those are very discerning reviewers.

Yup, the W204 can be dollied up pretty easily to look completely different from the docile school-run Elegance. The variable grill style plays a big part, not something we can do with the kidneys. Anyway, all this is for the good of the car scene. Awaiting BMW's response to the challenge - I'm sure that'll be good too. BMW is not gonna roll over and play dead. :fight:

E46Fanatic;253617 said:

Wow! I love it! It looks tons better than the stock model! :rock:
The sculpted front and rear bumpers looks so ganas!

the W204 has Bluetooth built-in and our mobilephone is searchable via the Comand Controller...nice gadget. i wonder if our E90 can come with Bluetooth module ? esp on the iDrive...

David Yong;254644 said:
I dun think so our e90 comes with bluetooth module.

IIRC, the 330i comes with the bluetooth module as standard. So I think it's definitely possible, especially for iDrive cars.

Of course it's possible, and not only for the iDrive. Just need to add the module. I think what DY meant was in MY they dont come std.

danc;254820 said:
Of course it's possible, and not only for the iDrive. Just need to add the module. I think what DY meant was in MY they dont come std.

Yup, you got me absolutely right.

GHS;254412 said:
Wow! I love it! It looks tons better than the stock model! :rock:
The sculpted front and rear bumpers looks so ganas!

For some reason, the brabus-C looks a lot like an altezza

Top Bottom