320i VS 320d

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Steven liew

Club Guest
I need help deciding between 320i and 320d. I heard 320d engine is noisy then 320i. What is the major different between this 2 car? Anyone can help advise. Anyone got recommend sales person to contact?Thanks.

like everyone says: i) its torque, good for spirited driving, esp. with the Rusted Jacket!; ii) diesel full tank last double petrol's distance; iii) it comes with M-sport for almost the same price!

Steven liew;849738 said:
Mind to share why 320d?. I saw on the road a lot 320i
My thoughts and feedback from my friends.

Pros

• High torque which a lot of people can feel especially in short distances
  • Fuel consumption is great, highway all the way you get >1000km per tank
  • Diesel Price - RM2.00/litre

Cons
  • Engine noise when standing outside
  • Diesel Smell (coming from the exhaust)
  • Diesel quota habis (usually happens at the end of the month)
  • Runs out of breath at high speeds (usually after 180km/h)
  • Higher road tax (RM780)

The new 320d should also be faster. My 177hp 320d can out accelerate the F30 320i and has higher top speed. Road tax should be the same since diesel green engine got 50% discount.

true, with gobs of torque available just above idle speed, the 320d is an ideal daily runabout.

If u are going for the petrol engine, get the 328i. I won't talk much about the d since all the tai kors above already mentioned it.

zhul;849772 said:
The new 320d should also be faster. My 177hp 320d can out accelerate the F30 320i and has higher top speed. Road tax should be the same since diesel green engine got 50% discount.
I don't believe so, my 184hp 320d can't out accelerate and will get left behind once passed the 180km/h mark. The 8-speed ZF gearbox is really good. I was honestly fed with these information prior to getting the D and was told that the D had a lot of benefits which made me sway to getting a D. Boy was I confused and conned.

Where is the diesel green 50% discount? I couldn't find it and I have been charged RM780 for my road tax when I renew it with Allianz insurance all this while....anything I can use to shout at Allianz?

my roadtax for the 520D is RM377 a year. The D does not have the top speed. It only has good torque at the lower RPMs

affan66;849793 said:
my roadtax for the 520D is RM377 a year. The D does not have the top speed. It only has good torque at the lower RPMs
Bro, where did you renew it? Was it via your insurance or done at the post office/MYEG?

- - - Updated - - -

Doh! Saw it wrongly haha. Diesel truck was RM780, yes RM377 a year for the 320d. My bad, was high on :canabis::canabis::canabis:

rattlesnake1982;849815 said:
If u want petrol car, go all the way bro...m3 or m5...!

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

bro, how much does your ohlins cost?

- - - Updated - - -

rattlesnake1982;849815 said:
If u want petrol car, go all the way bro...m3 or m5...!

Aku ade bmw lori ko ade?

bro, how much does your ohlins cost?

Top Bottom