320d Powerkit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
You mean if we fit this to increase the car's performance, the warranty is still covered? The gain is pretty good but RM6.8K is quite a bit considering normal remapping is like RM3K or lesser, lol. Of course remapping is just ECU tuning and no parts are being changed.

aoch88;662540 said:
You mean if we fit this to increase the car's performance, the warranty is still covered? The gain is pretty good but RM6.8K is quite a bit considering normal remapping is like RM3K or lesser, lol. Of course remapping is just ECU tuning and no parts are being changed.

Yeah. Its good value for money considering you already paid MR250K for the car. Its an original BMW remap (the engineers spent many days and nights getting the right torque/hp curves with the right air-fuel mixtures-not too lean, not too rich in air), plus the hardwares of a larger intercooler and a larger radiator fan to cool down the engine as it gets hotter than normal with the increased performance, but thankfully, no increase in fuel consumption, I hear.

FC should improve, in fact - more torque & power should boost the driving force for the diesel beast's mass, ie more bang for buck

Maniac;662545 said:
FC should improve, in fact - more torque & power should boost the driving force for the diesel beast's mass, ie more bang for buck

Yeah, with the improvement in Fuel Consumption, you'll make your money back in a year's time! After that, its pure profit! You'll be richer than Anandan Krishnan in 10 years time from the savings in FC!

docrayboy;662548 said:
Yeah, with the improvement in Fuel Consumption, you'll make your money back in a year's time! After that, its pure profit! You'll be richer than Anandan Krishnan in 10 years time from the savings in FC!

I"ve rich already..when is yours??..heheheh..just kidding doc..just found this forum after a month...
So have u installed your power kit?

Just got the 320d flier emailed it to me direct from BMW Malaysia...nobody has seen it yet! Even the dealers haven't received the fliers....tonight you will all the honour of being the first to see it....can't upload it from my office computer-I'll do it from home! need to convert the PDF to a JPEG file.

OK i've tried to blow it up for quick reference here! thanks Doc. Good stuff
320dpowerkit-1.png

320dpowerkit-2.png

Just go for it...worth..last time i ask AB the price around 11k inc installation...

so.its officially here..Quote from the flier,

"At the heart of the package is a modification of the engine tuning parameters to increase output"
This i presume refers to the ECU right? do we get new ones,or a remap/retune?

"However this generates extra heat,and so a larger intercooler and a more powerful fan are fitted to handle this"
Do we get to keep our original intercooler and fan then?

aoch88;664094 said:
Will BMW have these kits for F10 520d too?

I heard no-something about it kit doesn't work with the 8 gear transmission the F10 520d has...don't know why. Or maybe it will kill the sales of the 528i and the 535i when the Powerkitted 520d become monsters of a car! ha ha! no lah, joking.

ronnie2k9;664372 said:
Docrayboy, can I get more discount on this kit since I buy the car together =p

I heard yes-now its up to you to nego with your dealer! One guy got it for .......guess how many k?

Top Bottom