1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Almost forgot....for those wanting an out of this world experience with sound proofing an already sound proofed E38, try installing Sika/Dynamat on the E38. I can hardly hear a single bit of road noise, body vibration or tyre sound. The only bit that pisses me off is a hissing sound of wind that comes from the rear left side passenger window, when driving on the highway. Must be a worn out rubber seal that is causing this......hmmmmmmm, must investigate

saw this car and i'm out of words ...spectacular and thanks ssman for the tour at ya painter ... nice and friendly chap ... and great advise too ...

now next change is the wheels to go ... :) 20" ka ??

ICEMAN 13;534491 said:
saw this car and i'm out of words ...spectacular and thanks ssman for the tour at ya painter ... nice and friendly chap ... and great advise too ...

George is da man... I've referred several cars to him already and all are petrol heads. So far, no complaint about his workmanship. But u must be prepared to give him time lor... Both my cars are painted by George FWIW. And if you guys think the car is nice now, wait till Albert gets done with the detailing...

Ya Serjit.... 20" apa mcm? :D Brand new set of BBS RS GT matt black and chrome deep dish lips with tyres.. only RM21k... mau? The offset is to die for man....

ICEMAN 13;534491 said:

Thanks bro! hehehehehe.....I wish I could afford 20's la....I really do

andrewk;534497 said:
George is da man... I've referred several cars to him already and all are petrol heads. So far, no complaint about his workmanship. But u must be prepared to give him time lor... Both my cars are painted by George FWIW. And if you guys think the car is nice now, wait till Albert gets done with the detailing...

Ya Serjit.... 20" apa mcm? :D Brand new set of BBS RS GT matt black and chrome deep dish lips with tyres.. only RM21k... mau? The offset is to die for man....

Bro, you got extra room in your place or not...cause if i spend 21k on wheels....i'll be on the streets la....hehehehehehe

andrewk;534502 said:
BTW.. you forgot to show us your ICE bro... dun shy shy lar... :D

Bro - ICE got problem la. After opening up the centre console and RDS, Chong of AutoGadget discovered a blower right in the pathway of where the 2 DIN would go. He says the only way a 2 DIN will go in is that the blower (which is a heater) needs to be cut and modified. He said, that he will only do so, if I accept any complication or risk that comes along with it. Checked on Bimmerforum and those with E38 ICE mods confirm the same and no one has dared risk cutting through the blower yet. Any takers??? Obviously my answer was no!!! So opted for a single DIN with the relevant bells and whistles. Will post pics soon

ssmann;534419 said:
Almost forgot....for those wanting an out of this world experience with sound proofing an already sound proofed E38, try installing Sika/Dynamat on the E38. I can hardly hear a single bit of road noise, body vibration or tyre sound. The only bit that pisses me off is a hissing sound of wind that comes from the rear left side passenger window, when driving on the highway. Must be a worn out rubber seal that is causing this......hmmmmmmm, must investigate

Now you need to go for double-glazed windows.......A nice set just arrived in Hakitrade Subang......:burnout:

Bro Kev,
Can just change to double glazed mah?.......I was told the whole door have to be changed. I been racun from the time I saw your car with doble glazed windows. Owesome. If can I will definately pick this up from Hakitrade.
Suresh

You dont hv to change your doors. You need the regulators, the rubbers and door cards. And of course the glass....

Err tempted for this as well...
Sorry to hijack your thread bro SSMANN, anybody wants my soon to be Original AC type 2 18 inch rims and almost new Toyo Proxes T1R for E38??

badrul880;534726 said:
Sorry to hijack your thread bro SSMANN, anybody wants my soon to be Original AC type 2 18 inch rims and almost new Toyo Proxes T1R for E38??

Hmmm....so you bought Muddy's car?:D

badrul880;534726 said:

i want, since you never said it was for sale...:smokin:

Kev, I could be wrong but if you are referring to the power window regulators, then I think the single glaze & double glaze shares the same unit.

kevster30;534694 said:
You dont hv to change your doors. You need the regulators, the rubbers and door cards. And of course the glass....

kevster30;534630 said:
Now you need to go for double-glazed windows.......A nice set just arrived in Hakitrade Subang......:burnout:

Bro, your racun very dangerous one lor!!!! Well, going double glazed is serious costs wise. If the module or window pecah, bang bal***ls la.....heheheheheheheh. In addition, have just tinted current windows and serviced regulators, window lourves etc. Cari part nanti nanggis wei.....

Bro - need to do suspension calibration testing. When free bro??? I feel my ride is too firm, and need more dampening.........thanks as always

badrul880;534726 said:

No prob bro....temptation....how sweet the sound. It cost a hole in my pocket and I still haven't learnt!!! hehehehehee

Top Bottom