1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
andrewk;532590 said:
Sorry, more poison.... can't help it la....

Actually, if you'd decided on your car color before sending your interior for a rewrap, another awesome combo I would have suggested is to have the seats wrapped in black leather with dark grey inserts (or blue if your are daring enuf) and electric blue piping (grey piping if blue inserts are used). Dash and plastics rewrapped in same combo or just plain black with wooden trims converted to carbon fibre or brush aluminium texture ... Headliner change to dark grey (same as the m-sports cars).

Will look damn nice coz your blue is not the dark shade... so the dark interior will be soooo gangsta and enhances your blue shade even more.... :rock: :rock:

I'll see if I can find a picture to visualise what I've just describe.... it's now currently all in my head.... lotsa crap in there right now about how to pimp up our rides..... just no $$ only....

This could be your "new project" lor....

This is some seriously pimped out ideas man!!!! I doubt I have the bal*s enough to do this on the E38 man. I tell you the $$$$ are a painful subject man!!! But all for the love of the ride.......

andrewk;532593 said:
WRX blue is WR Blue. Skyline blue is Bayside Blue. I think you can google the codes but most major paint manufacturer will have the colors under the names I've mentioned.

Mix both of these colours in the right proportion, and the result is what you see on my E38.......plus lots of clear pearl for that glitter under the sun :rock:

Latest update @ 14th June 2010 6pm

Car is at Central Cushion and has just undergone a new tint. Chose titanium black for all windows incl rear windscreen and titanium clear for front windscreen. Visibility is 35% (65% tint) and IR/UV rejection rate is 38% (62% blocked). Looks awesome on the body colour and trim set up, IMHO :cool:

Tomorrow a layer of Dynamat/Sika goes onto the base of the interior, wheel arches, engine bay/hood and boot area. This will further enhance the already above par sound proofing of the car.

On Wed the nightmare starts, i.e. putting together the wiring and interior parts to ensure every component in the car works as intended. This will be the ultimate test for Central Cushion. If they get this right first time around (and I am already preparing myself for at least 1 or 2 post completion visits for rectification), then hands down, these guys get my 5 star rating :rock: Until then, my fingers are crossed XXX

Cheerio - S

Bro Vince, TT how? May I propose June 26th (Saturday) say 4pm same place or June 27th (Sunday) @ 4pm???? Over to you bro for the official roll call........

ooohhhhh.....forgot to add. My car had a pixel problem in the display. Could not see OBC, mileage etc.....

One call to Ah Heng and 3 days later, the meter is like brand spanking new. All those having this dead pixel problem, don't waste your money on 2nd hand meters etc. Send it to Ah Heng. He replaces the ribbon, which is a real delicate job...but will give u a cock n bull story la....typical lor.....hehehehehehe. He charges RM500 and says he guarantees the job for at least 5 years........if it dies on me before 5 years....."somebody gonna get the hurt...."

Bro Ssmann,

Forget the M6 rims... I found the PERFECT rims for your car....

As always, a (wallet) health warning: Click HERE at your own risk..

p.s.... It's just next to Auto Gadget :D

UPDATE: Forget the link... found out the rims are:-

(1) from an old post in 2008
(2) Replicas.... :(

Nevertheless, have not deleted post to give you a pic reference... ;)

ssmann;532652 said:
ooohhhhh.....forgot to add. My car had a pixel problem in the display. Could not see OBC, mileage etc.....

One call to Ah Heng and 3 days later, the meter is like brand spanking new. All those having this dead pixel problem, don't waste your money on 2nd hand meters etc. Send it to Ah Heng. He replaces the ribbon, which is a real delicate job...but will give u a cock n bull story la....typical lor.....hehehehehehe. He charges RM500 and says he guarantees the job for at least 5 years........if it dies on me before 5 years....."somebody gonna get the hurt...."

Bro, can PM me Ah Heng's contact pls?

andrewk;532987 said:
Bro Ssmann,

Forget the M6 rims... I found the PERFECT rims for your car....

As always, a (wallet) health warning: Click HERE at your own risk..

p.s.... It's just next to Auto Gadget :D

UPDATE: Forget the link... found out the rims are:-

(1) from an old post in 2008
(2) Replicas.... :(

Nevertheless, have not deleted post to give you a pic reference... ;)

Bro - jaw drop to the floor....georgeous!!! No money lorrrrrr....wah your racun very dangerous one la. Since when you grew these horns man????? I need to find a way to make more moooolahhhhh......arrrggghhhh

ICEMAN 13;533114 said:
ssman -- go for it ...nice wheels there at ZTH ...

Bro....no luit lor....otherwise I sure go one. This project already cost me a bomb la. I dont dare calculate the bills also man!!!! Its amazing how you can blow budget so easily on such projects man...contingency at least 200 - 300% lor!!!!!

Friends,

Car is ready :rock::rock::rock:

Spent most of the day at Central Cushion today to ensure all nuts, bolts and wires fitted in. They have done a magic job. Tested all functions in the car and it works. Drove from Kepong to Kota Damansara, Auto Gadget and not a single squeekkkk, apart from one small rattle passenger side door. This will be fixed. Sitting in Auto Gadget now for the ICE project. Tomorrow, I finally get my car back and gonna spend all Sat detailing the beauty before I post pics.......

Cheerio - S

Nice... IMHO you should not detail the paint just after respraying. Got t let it completely set and hardened. Any period from 2 weeks to a month no?

badrul880;533612 said:
Nice... IMHO you should not detail the paint just after respraying. Got t let it completely set and hardened. Any period from 2 weeks to a month no?

I think Albert is going to do the interior first before doing the exterior a few weeks later. Either that, or he's going to compound but not seal the car yet...

badrul880;533612 said:

Yes bro...it takes at least 2 more weeks. My detailing means, car wash, sendiri guna berus gigi and clean celah celah....hehehehe....pro detailer only next weekend...thanks bro!!

ssman,

Fresh paint requires 2months to fully cure. DO NOT be tempted to wax, polish, etc or you will damage the clearcoat.

kevster30;533911 said:
ssman,

Fresh paint requires 2months to fully cure. DO NOT be tempted to wax, polish, etc or you will damage the clearcoat.

Thanks bro! I will surely wait for at least September before I embark on a full detail, mirror shine finish. For now, its basic wash, interior detail and lots of tender loving care. Thanks bro for the advice. Appreciate it :rock:

Presenting my Blue beauty

Dear friends,

Finally, I can present the completed product :rock::rock: Before I do so, there are some that I must thank who have painstakingly made an effort to contribute, motivate and keep me focused during the course of this very heart wrenching project......

Andrewk = without his intro to project manager and sprayer, none of this would have happened. Also not forgetting his valuable advice and "racun". Thanks bro!

Vincent = thanks for all the advice, entertaining my calls and sms' and even spending a Friday afternoon with me at the sprayer to ensure the finer details were managed! Thanks bro :rock:

Forumers and 7's kaki = thanks a million for all the support, encouragement and "racun" much needed to keep me motivated to complete the project.

Now for a special thanks to 5 very important people: -

Albert of Pro Detailer = IMHO, rocking Project Manager!!!!! Honest, knows his stuff and straight to the point...I like. Hardly knows me, but went out of his way to assist me with the project :rock:

George @ Pro Painter = what a great guy and has a great team of painters. Magic fellow who did an awesome job with the paint and trim

Chew of Central Cushion = the best interior person hands down. His work says it all.....

Chong @ Auto Gadget = ICE guru, who brings music to my ears

Albert @ WP Auto = rectification guru, sorted out all the minor quirks caused by all of the above....heheheheh

Thanks all!!!!

I now have the pleasure to reveal my baby......enjoy. Pictures taken with my cameraphone, so forgive the quality pls....

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

Interior looked like this before....

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

I am indeed very pleased

wow... i came in my pants when i looked into the interior...awesome restoration.. awesome...

Top Bottom