1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What a beauty.. finally I know now where to go for all those job.. congratulation bro..

The side repeater is original for E38. Our car also the same.

xtracooljustin;534232 said:
Nice work there.

Btw, your side repeater is on your molding. Is this taken from the US models?

brando;534290 said:
Hi man,can u pm me the paint job cost & place.
TQ>>TQ

and me too if you dont' mind. Am interested to know paint job cost. Thanks.

pussy;534201 said:
wow... i came in my pants when i looked into the interior...awesome restoration.. awesome...

Hehehehehe!!!! As long as it wasn't on my seats or carpet....no worries :smokin:

kgb;534291 said:
and me too if you dont' mind. Am interested to know paint job cost. Thanks.

KGB/Brando - thanks. All details are in the thread (let me know if you still can't find it). I wanted to be as transparent as possible (price is very subjective as it depends on what you want, condition of car, etc etc), so as anyone who reads this thread will know how and where to undertake such jobs. Initially I struggled but with help from our forum sifu's and pro's out there, the result is evident. I wanted to make such an effort a delightful one for those who want to embark on such projects.

One point I have learnt from this whole process, I met about 3 painters and 5 interior restorers and countless detailers, before picking Albert, George and Chew. Everyone has a diff opinion, some out to literally rape you and others don't know enough to make sense. I have had painters quote me close to RM8k for this same paint and as low as RM2k (one guy even told me he can paint directly over chrome, without primer etc and it will never peel off...whatever la).....ultimately, what matters is those with experience, know what they are talking about and exuberate confidence. These are my selection criteria. Others may have their own.

I wish you the best in your restoration journey. Its a painful one in more ways then one, but you will enjoy the experience and the completed product!!!

Vincent Hor;534277 said:
Serjit, nice, very nice. Money well spent. Probably yours the only E38 with Vivid Blue.

Thanks bro Vince. Alot of your advice in the end result man!!!! I hope so, but with the amount of PM's i am getting on colour code etc...im not too sure how long it will be a "lone ranger"........

bro..did u change the chrome external door trims to black or paint it? Looks cool!!!

Ade;534311 said:
bro..did u change the chrome external door trims to black or paint it? Looks cool!!!

This has been primed, epoxied, moulded and then cured for 2 weeks before being resprayed with special paint. This is one tough process.....

Great Work and A Nice End Result....Great Looking car...
Hey Serjit, from the pic looks like you're in aman Perdana? How the air quality now ?

Ssmann,

One word -" BEAUTIFUL!"

Noticed a drop on your 'new' ride by a couple of inches. Did you change your springs or was that the result of the titans?

Cheers.

Yeah, the Titans lowered the car by about 1". The rears are adjustables with high low kit. That's why it's value for money. You should take a ride in those fitted with Titans.

Can ask Badrul, Elwin and Kevster.

rajan;534333 said:
Great Work and A Nice End Result....Great Looking car...
Hey Serjit, from the pic looks like you're in aman Perdana? How the air quality now ?

Thanks bro! Wow, good spotting.....air quality sucks man!!! I am renting, whilst my place is being completed. Running house and car project at the same time....off course wife real pissed that spending more time with the car project than the house!!!!! It's in a nearbye development, so shifting later will be easier lor. Hopefully by next month, am out of here man....can't wait :rolleyes:

Are you from this part of the woods???

Han Azman;534358 said:
Ssmann,

One word -" BEAUTIFUL!"

Noticed a drop on your 'new' ride by a couple of inches. Did you change your springs or was that the result of the titans?

Cheers.

Thanks bro Han Azman! Yes, the Titans bring the car down. There is still hope for at least another 1" in the front and by luck another 0.5" at the back. I am still running in the titans as never had a chance to drive after fitting it in. For me, it is a little firmer than I expected and if it continues to behave this way, will need to send back for calibration. Am not entirely pleased with the dampening rate as yet...it needs to be a little less firmer for me. Great thing is that, the people at Titan can easily do this.

Went to visit my dad for fathers day and took the opportunity to get some shots in using his DSLR instead of my cameraphone. As you can tell, I am real bad at taking pictures...a cameraphone or DSLR makes little diff in my hands hahahaha!! Nonetheless, enjoy. Idea is to spread more racun to all :rock::rock::rock:

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

My new project car......

ssmann
[/URL][/IMG]

hehehehehe....that's if my dad's neighbour ever sells it to me. He never drives the car, has had it for 25 years, sits in the car porch for as long as I can remember and still looks like the day he bought it. I wonder how he manages to keep the tires pumped though.....hmmmmm

Top Bottom