1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13;564076 said:
time to shed off some kilo's and be slimmy as XXX ... :) will add on some extra HP ...

hahahahaha......working on it...and it also helps if no hangover!!!!

Hello! It's been a while since I updated this site.....this is what I have been up to.....car has new shoes....hope you like the look as much as I do....

This is how she looked like 2 weeks ago......

DSCF2101.jpg

and now......

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

Next on the agenda is to drop her with H&R's...ordered and will be in before Christmas....stay tuned

Flashback.....

When I first got her....

OriE38.jpg

OriE382.jpg

Got her onto Titans and new shoes....

DSCF1953.jpg

Then this happened....

Interiorremoved5.jpg

Now this....

DSC_0393.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

God knows what else next!!!! Stay tuned....

that BBS finally made to the missing puzzle in ya car ...nice nice ley ..make sure it's with lotsa lock nuts ....

how to pump air into those wheels ??

Phai - thanks! To pump air, need an extended valve and to remove a screw from one of the bolts. Then pump air.......

Hi ssman, just looked at your pictures, awesome..... Hope you don't mind sharing if you managed to restore the wood paneling and gear knobs. I checked with Bavarian auto, and the new part is about 3,000 rm. I need to join the 7 TT now, wonder if I should give up the 3 TT or not..... Have to learn a lot about my new purchase.

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers

rubes72;589016 said:
Hi ssman, just looked at your pictures, awesome..... Hope you don't mind sharing if you managed to restore the wood paneling and gear knobs. I checked with Bavarian auto, and the new part is about 3,000 rm. I need to join the 7 TT now, wonder if I should give up the 3 TT or not..... Have to learn a lot about my new purchase.

Any input is much appreciated.

Cheers

Bro - thanks! Well, mine was in good condition, so a simple polish of the trims was all that was needed. Post a pic of your trims and gearknob, so as we can evaluate the damage and suggest options. Alternatively go to the Paparich TT on Friday's and look for Vincent Hor or Yazmeen. Very experienced guys with the 38 and restoration tips.

On your ICE have you made the upgrade? Was looking at a few options and there is one from china that claims to be compatible with the ObC and is compatible with can bus, so you will be able to get your multi function steering to still work. I've done quite a bit of ICE, kinda DIy. Currently on my 38 I'm running 2 amps 1 mono block and 1 progression. Upgraded all the speakers and added a sub. Next project is to change the HU.

I'm toying with the idea of moving the MID to the bottom, where the cup holder is and to use a single din with 16:1 screen. So I should have gps and iPod functions. Also researching the china product to see if they are any good.

rubes72;589032 said:
On your ICE have you made the upgrade? Was looking at a few options and there is one from china that claims to be compatible with the ObC and is compatible with can bus, so you will be able to get your multi function steering to still work. I've done quite a bit of ICE, kinda DIy. Currently on my 38 I'm running 2 amps 1 mono block and 1 progression. Upgraded all the speakers and added a sub. Next project is to change the HU.

I'm toying with the idea of moving the MID to the bottom, where the cup holder is and to use a single din with 16:1 screen. So I should have gps and iPod functions. Also researching the china product to see if they are any good.

Many are fitting the china product into their rides and finding it to work well. Speak to Kadir and Digital Punk. You will need to cut the a/c vent somewhat to fit it in. I am not into messing with the 38, so not for me, at least not yert!!!As for me, I keep the ICE on the 38 simple as the ori system is already pretty good. All I did was change to a single DIN (tired of the CD changer dying on me) and added on an active sub. Im pleased.

ICE in my 36, itu lain cerita!!! Hahahahahaha

Top Bottom