1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
talking about ICE.. i have just got the BSW DICE for E38.. with Ipod Docking in the ashstray.. cant wait to put it in.. will update you guys soon..

so more elbow grease for the week end..

rubes72;589031 said:
So... It't every Friday I suppose? Hope I'll make it this Friday. Cheers

Do come over and get some ideas bro... look for uncle vincent, he has better experience :)

guys,.. my DICE works great.. so fun.. and sounds good.. got 1600 songs on mu ipod and can run directly onto the dsp system..

ssmann;589027 said:
Bro - thanks! Well, mine was in good condition, so a simple polish of the trims was all that was needed. Post a pic of your trims and gearknob, so as we can evaluate the damage and suggest options. Alternatively go to the Paparich TT on Friday's and look for Vincent Hor or Yazmeen. Very experienced guys with the 38 and restoration tips.

Sorry.... which Paparich is this? .... seems like there are a few...

cheers

rubes72;590647 said:
Sorry.... which Paparich is this? .... seems like there are a few...

cheers

Papparich at 3-2 square, Section 19 PJ...down the road past PJ Section 14 mosque opposite Quill BMW showroom, a bit further from Toyota showroom..

If you come from Klang via Federal Highway, turn left at ramp after Naza showrooms at Hilton hotel intersection,..continue on Jalan Utara & turn left again at next traffic lights..go past Section 14 Jaya supermarket (the one which collapsed partially) & Jaya One..at next traffic light would be the Section 14 mosque..turn left, go past the traffic lights & Papparich would be on your right at the corner of the 2nd set of traffic lights..

Cheers :)

Latest update

My H&R springs arrived yesterday evening airflown from Germany via Singapore. Arrived in a nice sealed box to Exotic Mods. Picked it up this am and went straight to Titans. After 8 hours and various adjustment settings later......it was finally to my liking.

Drove home via DUKE into NKVE. Slow traffic due to the rain. Not many chances to test. Reached Shah Alam cut off and saw the highway before me to Bukit Raja clear. So decided to detour to test out. The Titan and H&R combo is simply awesome. The car is planted, firm and rides like a dream. Cornering is vastly improved and there is hardly roll....and all this in the wet!!!!

Pictures to come soon......

H&R springs on titan

As promised here are some photos. After a week, my review is a resounding YES. This is almost a perfect combo. I love the handling and the way the car feels planted on corners. Its a serious upgrade from what I felt before....

Car on hoist at Titan

Crazyowner1.jpg

H&R springs being protected with wrap

Springsinghpkicondomweyy1.jpg

This is how the car looks now

IMG00358-20101221-1457.jpg

I would recommend this combo to all E38 titan users!!!!

Change CAT on E38

My CAT started to make the famous rattling sound when cold. Looked for a 2nd hand one and they cost a fortune. Was quoted 800 for 2nd hand, no idea how good. New was 1200 per piece. After considering all options, went to United Everco. If you read my previous posts, I had a bad experience with them before on my E34 welding. Nonetheless they are the only ones as far as I am aware who store aftermarket CAT for conti cars.

Work was good, CAT replaced for 850 both. I am pleased with the performance and the sound.

Pic of the new CAT

IMG00319-20101208-1529.jpg

Welding to the exhaust system

IMG00316-20101208-1528.jpg

Reminiscing

My ex girlfriend. We could not see eye to eye

megan-fox.jpg

Another pose....this was our weekend away in Baja

megan_fox_6.jpg

Checking out my hood....should have never dumped her

megan.jpg

Damn, then I woke up!!!

ssmann;591726 said:
H&R springs on titan

As promised here are some photos. After a week, my review is a resounding YES. This is almost a perfect combo. I love the handling and the way the car feels planted on corners. Its a serious upgrade from what I felt before....

Car on hoist at Titan

Crazyowner1.jpg

H&R springs being protected with wrap

Springsinghpkicondomweyy1.jpg

This is how the car looks now

IMG00358-20101221-1457.jpg

I would recommend this combo to all E38 titan users!!!!

Ur car is getting sexier.......:rock:

Ur ex is hot but no where near your E38 laaa ........I think ur E38 gives u more "pleasure" than ur ex....:wink:

kaniz;591736 said:
Ur ex is hot but no where near your E38 laaa ........I think ur E38 gives u more "pleasure" than ur ex....:wink:

Hehehehehe.....

Lu gila la bhai. Spring pun pakai condom macam owner

P/S: Curi my pics arr hehehe

Clearing Photobucket and found some pics of my ride that I have not posted. Here it goes....

At Titan's to fit springs and adjust shocks

DSC_0348.jpg

Ride height from base of absorber front

DSC_0357.jpg

Rear adjustable Hi-Lo

DSC_0359.jpg

Twist and turn and it goes up and down....

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

Engine bay shots....

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

Some shots around the Titan garage

Richard (owner) bike also running Titans!!

DSC_0370.jpg

Magic machine....

DSC_0377.jpg

More tools of the trade

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

Front absorber...

DSC_0382.jpg

Post adjustment ride height...

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

That's all folks!!!

Reminiscing some of the previous cars I have owned

My 1st BMW was in year 2003. It was a 1991 E34 M20B25, passed on to my mom before I was posted overseas. Next to it is my dad's loyal 850GLE which he bought new in 1993 and still uses it till today. Loyal he sure is!!!

Msia11205-5106079.jpg

Msia11205-5106073.jpg

In 2004 to 2006 was posted to New Zealand. Drove a 1992 Range Rover Vogue 4.6 HSE (no road tax in NZ). I also had a Toyota Supra 2JZ 6 speed manual 1993 model which was gold in colour with Veilside bodykit. Days before digital camera, so need to find the original photos! Will upload...

Msia11205-5106009.jpg

Returned to Msia and posted to Miri in 2006. Merc 200 Masterpiece 1995 W124, owned during my stint in Miri, Sarawak from 2006 - 2009. Next to it is my wife's Mitsubishi Grandis 2.4, that was a real nice MPV too!!!

clip_image002.jpg

Miss them all so dearly!!!!

Top Bottom