1996 728i (E38) Restoration - My Journey

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13;563999 said:
so ssmann ...ya e38 was fast or slow during yesterday's run to RAUB ??

Bro....generally I thought the 38 was fast enough for me la.....yesterday was an eye opener about how slow the 38 actually is vis a vis pick up.....but, comfort wise, no way any car that I have sat in todate can beat it la....it sure aint built for speed.....at one stage I had to go on manual mode just to keep up with the E39 bearing Perak plates.....not sure who's car it was. But it held on to the road like it was on rails...the titans are awesome on the corners...but not on the highway. I saw some 39's actually swaying out on some of the corners....they need to go the titan way!!! hahahaah

On the highway leading to the trunk road going to Raub, 2 cars overtook me....and I was doing 150km/h already....with QD pushing me from behind.....hehehehehehe...memang slow la compared to the rest...I honestly feel more safe at high speeds in the 34...which was set up for this very purpose la

But I really dont know how DigitalPunk can drive his 38 the way he does....he was one of the forerunners....asking me why I so slow....hahahhaha

ssmann;564001 said:
hahahaha....talk about rubbing it in bro....I ensured safe distance....that's why I kept QD dead last.....:motz:....will know today when I go back to give it a wash....too lazy and tired yesterday to lift a finger

But I really enjoyed the curves on the road leading to Genting Sempah....real fun...would have been awesome with the 34 and manual shift and LSD. 38 is tooo heavy for this sort of ride

With 518i & Car #1 on the old roads back..had to resort to Sport mode to chase them with my E32..ha ha ha..

Agree 7s are heavy but it was a different kind of workout for the car..enjoyed it now have to go change brake linings..:D

Ur E38 is pretty fast too...not to mention DigitalPunk's too..:)

Nice finally meeting up with u..

Cheers :)

that perak number is GT-e34@yap ...bebadged 520i ... :)

so next drive, time to stretch the Cindy out ...

gregcwho ...ya putting pressure on car no 1 ...ya car too flew like a dream and not to mentioned the stone chips that i picked up staying behind ya 7 ...

gregcwho;564009 said:
With 518i & Car #1 on the old roads back..had to resort to Sport mode to chase them with my E32..ha ha ha..

Agree 7s are heavy but it was a different kind of workout for the car..enjoyed it now have to go change brake linings..:D

Ur E38 is pretty fast too...not to mention DigitalPunk's too..:)

Nice finally meeting up with u..

Likewise bro....likewise...agree it was a real workout for the 7

ICEMAN 13;564011 said:
that perak number is GT-e34@yap ...bebadged 520i ... :)

so next drive, time to stretch the Cindy out ...

That's the one....wolf in sheeps clothing....crap tak boleh keep up la....next time have to la.....only way for some chance of keeping up la....hahahaha

ICEMAN 13;564012 said:
gregcwho ...ya putting pressure on car no 1 ...ya car too flew like a dream and not to mentioned the stone chips that i picked up staying behind ya 7 ...

Doh!..sorry about that ya bhai.. :)

Round of drinks on me next TT we meet up..

The 7s were awesome yesterday. Now DigitalPunk sudah ada kawan.. no need to rempit alone.. :p

Its amazing to see how such a huge car can handle those tightening touge, not to mention exit corner acceleration AND high speed braking into corners!! :eek: If Japanese car with those size, braking into those touge corners sure would send the tail swerve all over the place and need to be truly lucky to bring the car out in one piece! :eek:

UNBELIEVABLE!! :top:

I guess all your engines received a well decarbonization session yesterday, I know mine did! :top: :D Engine very smooth liao! :D

astroboy;564046 said:
The 7s were awesome yesterday. Now DigitalPunk sudah ada kawan.. no need to rempit alone.. :p

Its amazing how such a huge car can handle those tightening touge, not to mention exit corner acceleration AND high speed braking into corners!! :eek: If Japanese car with those size, braking into those touge corners sure would send the tail swerve all over the place and lucky to bring the car out in one piece! :eek:

UNBELIEVABLE!! :top:

I guess all your engines received a well carbonization session yesterday, I know mine did! :top: :D

Bro...the gearbox on my car was really tested....I have never felt it strain like that before....it is a super smooth box...cant feel any gear changes....but yesterday, I did....I guess its the intelligent box learning how to drive like gila and therefore also changing like gila....hahahahahaha

Sayang to push her like that man....even that...only can smell the carbon farts let out by you and the gang about 2 km's ahead of us!!!! hahahahaha

ssmann;564050 said:
Bro...the gearbox on my car was really tested....I have never felt it strain like that before....it is a super smooth box...cant feel any gear changes....but yesterday, I did....I guess its the intelligent box learning how to drive like gila and therefore also changing like gila....hahahahahaha

Sayang to push her like that man....even that...only can smell the carbon farts let out by you and the gang about 2 km's ahead of us!!!! hahahahaha

Car going in to Albert tomorrow for check up, tender care and reset the crazy driving style. Then she goes back to her routine pampered lifestyle. The 34 will be the workhorse from now on......hahahahaha

ssmann;564051 said:
Car going in to Albert tomorrow for check up, tender care and reset the crazy driving style. Then she goes back to her routine pampered lifestyle. The 34 will be the workhorse from now on......hahahahaha

yup, drove your 34 once.. she'd be perfect for sessions like yesterday. you're right about the decarbonization AB, my car was very smooth and light otw to work this morning; so no choice, had to finish the remaining VPower racing :) , and back to RON95 when i fill up this evening.

ha ha ha looks like the time has come for the e34 to push her limits ... XXX will surely wanna play ...

ICEMAN 13;564059 said:
ha ha ha looks like the time has come for the e34 to push her limits ... XXX will surely wanna play ...

Im too far a novice driver compared to XXX......its not the size that matters, its how you use it....hahahahaha

ssmann;564006 said:
Bro....generally I thought the 38 was fast enough for me la.....yesterday was an eye opener about how slow the 38 actually is vis a vis pick up.....but, comfort wise, no way any car that I have sat in todate can beat it la....it sure aint built for speed.....at one stage I had to go on manual mode just to keep up with the E39 bearing Perak plates.....not sure who's car it was. But it held on to the road like it was on rails...the titans are awesome on the corners...but not on the highway. I saw some 39's actually swaying out on some of the corners....they need to go the titan way!!! hahahaah

On the highway leading to the trunk road going to Raub, 2 cars overtook me....and I was doing 150km/h already....with QD pushing me from behind.....hehehehehehe...memang slow la compared to the rest...I honestly feel more safe at high speeds in the 34...which was set up for this very purpose la

But I really dont know how DigitalPunk can drive his 38 the way he does....he was one of the forerunners....asking me why I so slow....hahahhaha

Hey, the E39 520i owner is Yap. Don't be mislead by the 520i badge. The car is actually 535i V8. hehe.... In our Pg trip in Jun 2010, he managed to conned a Mazda 1.8 Turbo Familiar to race with him. Of course you know the result la. hehe....

I think you have not push your E38 hard enough. You sayang your E38 too much la. :p

time to shed off some kilo's and be slimmy as XXX ... :) will add on some extra HP ...

ssmann;564064 said:
Im too far a novice driver compared to XXX......its not the size that matters, its how you use it....hahahahaha

women only say that to be polite lah :p

DigitalPunk;564071 said:
Hey, the E39 520i owner is Yap. Don't be mislead by the 520i badge. The car is actually 535i V8. hehe.... In our Pg trip in Jun 2010, he managed to conned a Mazda 1.8 Turbo Familiar to race with him. Of course you know the result la. hehe....

I think you have not push your E38 hard enough. You sayang your E38 too much la. :p

Bro....im bowing now.......benchmark in 38 driving....almost like Transporter wei!!!!!

Top Bottom