WTB E30 manual for daily use -- plan to purchase next year

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mvaght87

Club Guest
Dear Forummers,I intend to get an E30 next year as my first car. I love BMWs. I don't come from a rich family but I really hope to make this small dream come true. I hear that E30s are quite difficult to maintain as the parts are difficult to come by... so any warnings on the matter will be taken seriously.I originally planned to purchase an E36 but those are above my budget--and I'm more taken in by the E30's look, especially the front grille area.From my readings here, I've come to understand that the 1.8 is suitable for regular use and is quite fuel efficient. I'm looking to get it as mint and as stock as possible, and manual transmission. A refurbished interior with leather seats are a big plus.Any and all offers, advice and pointers will be much, much appreciated.Regards,mvaght87

Hi friend,

All the best in sourcing your E30, it's also my dream to own a E30 as well, hope the dream will become reality.

Cheers

Dear mvaght87,

3 comments for you to consider:
- A mint condition E30 might have a price tag which is more than an average E36 now.
- E30s are not that difficult to maintain. Parts are aplenty. There's more than a few shops in Jln Ipoh selling E30s parts especially the consumables (service parts). If you're talking about accessories or non-service parts (bumpers, side mirror, door sills, body kits, etc) - yes it's quite difficult to source. But enjoy the course, get to know the people and those parts will come to you. With a price tag of course.
- Try to get a decent 6-potter (323i or 325i) rather than 318i. No point for me to lay out the differences here. Try them out for yourself.

And 3 warnings:
- While E30 service parts are aplenty they are not dirt cheap. I'd say the price is reasonable and like-to-like comparison; would cost about as much as an original Proton Wira parts. But you would have to factor in the auxiliary components that you would have to replace along with the parts (bushings, o-rings, covers, etc etc etc). And as BMW would require specialized service centers, the labour charge would be premium. At the end of the day the service / repair costs would be higher than our average Proton Wira.
- Try to stick to one workshop which you are most comfortable with. A normal BMW workshop would close at 6-7 pm Monday - Saturday, and close on Sundays. Which will be a problem if you're working office hour and doesn't have a second car.
- You will spend most of your free time for your E30, especially if you are really in love with it.

Have fun!

kombat_kanan;694361 said:
Dear mvaght87,

3 comments for you to consider:
- A mint condition E30 might have a price tag which is more than an average E36 now.

Boss, thanks for the information. I don't mean mint as in like it has probably done just 3,000km in its lifetime or something. Let me rephrase; I'm looking for an E30 that has been well kept and is in good condition.

Honestly the only mint E30 I've ever seen was a mint E30 M3 with nappa leather seats in New Zealand going for NZD45,000. Nosebleed.

mvaght87;694381 said:
Boss, thanks for the information. I don't mean mint as in like it has probably done just 3,000km in its lifetime or something. Let me rephrase; I'm looking for an E30 that has been well kept and is in good condition.

Honestly the only mint E30 I've ever seen was a mint E30 M3 with nappa leather seats in New Zealand going for NZD45,000. Nosebleed.

Not sure your definition of 'mint' since you said u never seen one here although i believe there are quite some numbers which are 'mint' (to me at least)owned by forumers here. Come to next e30tt and i'm sure it will change your perception of 'mint', and which are good/well keep if not 'mint'...
even a well keep e30, the selling price will be as high as well keep e36, if not higher.

cheers! good luck in your hunting.

BIEMFIVE;695432 said:
hi mvaght87,wellcome to bimmers club.
really interested to drive e30,reply me

Okay, here's my reply--yes I am interested to drive an E30.

hi, the classified section or mudah aplenty. Take some time to visit the owners personally, and ask the questions with the said car infront of you. And test drive it. Im sure many proud owners of these precious machine do not mind showing it to you, even if you dont buy. Me included...
One to one Q&A is always much better, if you want to make the puchase. Seeing is believing, but driving it will intoxicate you...
Enjoy the adventure.....

daniel e30;695659 said:
hi, the classified section or mudah aplenty. Take some time to visit the owners personally, and ask the questions with the said car infront of you. And test drive it. Im sure many proud owners of these precious machine do not mind showing it to you, even if you dont buy. Me included...
One to one q&a is always much better, if you want to make the puchase. Seeing is believing, but driving it will intoxicate you...
Enjoy the adventure.....

i agrre with u mr danial.
Thats the better way.

mvaght87;695693 said:
Guys, so if I came to see both your E30s, you won't mind?

You are most wellcome, but call me first,now is good time cause of i'm on leave until monday.
my number 012-3695756

Hi mvaght87,

Got e30 that fits your criterion perfectly. 1991 model, manual, white & 2nd owner all original and very good condition. You're most welcome to view car at Temasya Glemnarie.
Plse call before coming - Mike Han 012-217-3691.

Regards,

obeeshank;701498 said:
Hi mvaght87,

Got e30 that fits your criterion perfectly. 1991 model, manual, white & 2nd owner all original and very good condition. You're most welcome to view car at Temasya Glemnarie.
Plse call before coming - Mike Han 012-217-3691.

Regards,

Hey mate, thanks for the heads up. Will definitely look into it after this festive season is over. But as stated earlier in this thread--I won't be able to get the car so soon, so I can view it now but cannot be obliged to get it so soon.

e30 viewing

Dear mvgaht87,

Yes I'm aware of your position.
You're still most welcome to view with no obligation...but please call first.

"A Happy New New Year to you!"

obeeshank

Top Bottom