E30 Daily Drive

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Think should put a new thermostate its very critical to control the cooling system...its not bcoz malaysian weather hot so do not use it....my 2cents...

Aku ada stereng lori....ko adaaa....

I'm actually more afraid to put in the thermostat because don't know when will jam n stucked.

Mad3;830234 said:
I'm actually more afraid to put in the thermostat because don't know when will jam n stucked.
Well if its new not to worry bro...
Coolant also need to flush every 300.000km or 2-3yrs...
Without thermostate up to certain time all coolant inside the cooling system will be hot...
The cooling system will always keep on rotating inside the system...

I'm thinking that it has one way in and one way out. So it will be circulating all the time from engine to radiator. Should be able to keep the temperature down. Initially i thought it might have turbulence if the in and out are the same. Will try for a few times but I'm sure now its easier to bleed air.

Steering Lori?

Mad3;830203 said:
How about thermostat delete? Couldn't get the gasket at Bavarian. No such stock haha. Need to make own. I hope Malaysian weather is ok to delete the thermostat straight.View attachment 30688
Thermostat delete... I did that in my 130Y days but doubt i would try that with the E30. You'll never know what ill effects come with not running at optimum operating temperature.

Deleted thermostat, no problems with over cooling or over heating.

But .. Drive shaft came loose while driving. Dangerous, previous mechanic didn't tighten it properly. Went down with Allen key 8 mm and done. Driving again. View attachment 30834

Wheel bearing replacement for rear is an PITA! But front is easier.

Mad3;832115 said:
Deleted thermostat, no problems with over cooling or over heating.

But .. Drive shaft came loose while driving. Dangerous, previous mechanic didn't tighten it properly. Went down with Allen key 8 mm and done. Driving again. View attachment 30834

Wheel bearing replacement for rear is an PITA! But front is easier.
Geez that's dangerous!

How did you press the bearing in?

Use 22mm studs, washers, monkey wrench heh heh..u need a puller as well

just curious, how did u know ur driveshaft connection was getting loose?

during driving...suddenly masuk gear and no push.. felt empty. So roll as much as i can to road side and open hood(normal people do when something wrong with car) so that people will know car spoiled, careful.

- Step on the clutch, felt pressure so it means no clutch leak. Checked around also for leaks.
- went down to see if guibo of longshaft broken ? didnt see anything.

suddenly saw rear drive shafts dismantled, must be this la coz open diff. Not LSD.

Mad3;832450 said:
during driving...suddenly masuk gear and no push.. felt empty. So roll as much as i can to road side and open hood(normal people do when something wrong with car) so that people will know car spoiled, careful.

- Step on the clutch, felt pressure so it means no clutch leak. Checked around also for leaks.
- went down to see if guibo of longshaft broken ? didnt see anything.

suddenly saw rear drive shafts dismantled, must be this la coz open diff. Not LSD.

Yea bro if LSD then can still drive but 1WD!!

Top Bottom