WTB e30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kgb;542680 said:
Thanks fellows. Not really worried, i've expected nothing less. I am actually enjoying it, coz every time i do something, spend money, change this and that, car becomes better. So i can't wait to see how well it is going to run once i change my jammed up drive shafts heheheheh I expect Fuel Consumption to improve as well.

Its a journey.

Special thanks to En. Mizhan for introducing me to a BMW mechanic.

p.s. some fellow reversed into me yesterday, slightly dented driver's door. Cry till no tears, but nothing can be done, friend-friend maaaah! :21:

bro ...sorry ...which car did you finally bought ?? care to share ka .. :)

kgb;542591 said:
Just a quick update. This might come in handy for e30 buyers.

On a 3rd day of e30 ownership, i finally took it to mechanic to do a full service.

Upon hoisting up the vehicle and conducting through inspection, following was revealed:

- engine mountings in need of replacement (will do tomorrow)
- clutch and break fluids had to be replaced (done)
- long shaft is due for replacement (not that bad, so will slowly hunt around for a cheap cheap one)
- steering rod coupling (done)
- steering link free play(done)
- both front wheel bearings (done)
- one rear wheel bearing (done)
- engine oil and filter change (done)
- timing belt (will do first thing in the morning tomorrow)
- both drive shafts are out, one of them is jamming up already (will do tomorrow)
- engine tune up needs to be done
- rear axle oil was like shit (changed)
- exhaust was cracked in 3 places (welded)

Thats about it, left about RM1,600 at the shop and will have to fork out about the same tomorrow :rock:

I think, if i was to bring it to perfection, as far as reliability goes (not talking about aesthetics here), I'll have to fork out about 5-6K.

But it feels right though, worth every penny hehehehe

p.s.my wife said this: :motz:

Okey, went to see mechanic again, as we've run out of time during last visit.

Not much has been done, but whatever was done is money well spent i think. Here it goes:

- timing belt (see pic below)
- spark plugs (see pic below)
- lower arm bush
- engine mountings
- power steering oil

Cost: 1K

However, mechanic discovered that front shock absorber mounts are due to be changed ASAP or shocks may trough through the bonnet. Oh well, next time and another few K later it'll be done.

BTW, if anyone knows of a place selling e30 Long shaft and Drive shafts, do let me know, URGENT! Thanks fellows, now enjoy the pics:

I think timing belt was due for replacement ages ago, but i might be wrong... :stupid:
For those who don't know, if that thing snap, prepare to replace your engine. I suggest to anyone who just bought e30 to replace timing belt first thing.
Denis0122.jpg

Engine mounting, replaced with large round type, also engine mounting shock absorbers were thrown out (no use)
Denis0123.jpg

Lower arm bush, rooted!
Denis0124.jpg

Ooops... see what i have found, half screwed spark plugs, oh, and they just happen to be wrong type for the engine. Anyways, replaced with recommended type and engine seem to idle much better now.
Denis0125.jpg

alxlye23;541766 said:
Here's another one.

hi..i'm new in this forum and searching for an E30..and urs looks tempting:eek:..can u pm me how much ur selling?do u have more pics?thanks...:top:

Congrats on your new ride bro.Its a fair conditioned car.Belonged to a friend of mine before bought by vixx.Initialy he wanted to upgrade the engine to m50 but he changed his plan and bought another german marque(merz) due to comfort reason.

no doubt, it is in fair condition. Just needs some TLC. Expenses were expected anyways. Idea is to bring it to pristine condition, from mechanical point of view, than its interior, followed by exterior. But it'll take a while.... perhaps just in time for another TLC.

kgb;542680 said:
Thanks fellows. Not really worried, i've expected nothing less. I am actually enjoying it, coz every time i do something, spend money, change this and that, car becomes better. So i can't wait to see how well it is going to run once i change my jammed up drive shafts heheheheh I expect Fuel Consumption to improve as well.

Hi bro,

just want to check with you now that you have cleared up the jammed drive shaft, how much better fuel consumption are you getting?

Cheers.

alxlye23;549016 said:
Hi bro,

just want to check with you now that you have cleared up the jammed drive shaft, how much better fuel consumption are you getting?

Cheers.

Sorry, can't answer this question. To be honest, i did not notice any difference after changing it. Besides, since than, i've installed K&N filter and Hydrogen Unit (supposedly to save petrol), so can't say.

But on my recent outstation trip, fuel consumption came to 16-18 cents per KM (hard driving ron 95 rm1.85 per lt). Quiet happy with this figures.

BTW, if you are looking for a drive shaft, let me know, i've got one lying around. And since i plan to upgrade to disc breaks, i'll have another TWO lying around heheheheh :stupid:

just came back from Gopeng. Had to rush all the way and back. Driving at 160-170km/h most of the time and flooring it every other time. and still, fuel consumption came to only 18cents per km. Handling is superb!!! Truly driver's car that one. Am enjoying every minute of it.

Why would you want to drive/own anything else?! Great car, great performance, reasonable maintenance, simple and classic!

:top::top::top:

kgb;549079 said:
Sorry, can't answer this question. To be honest, i did not notice any difference after changing it. Besides, since than, i've installed K&N filter and Hydrogen Unit (supposedly to save petrol), so can't say.

But on my recent outstation trip, fuel consumption came to 16-18 cents per KM (hard driving ron 95 rm1.85 per lt). Quiet happy with this figures.

BTW, if you are looking for a drive shaft, let me know, i've got one lying around. And since i plan to upgrade to disc breaks, i'll have another TWO lying around heheheheh :stupid:

bro where did u get the k&n air filter and how much?
Thanks..:eek:

db8;554254 said:
bro where did u get the k&n air filter and how much?
Thanks..:eek:

I got mine FOC, so not sure how much. But whatever it cost, its all worth it.

kgb;554125 said:
just came back from Gopeng. Had to rush all the way and back. Driving at 160-170km/h most of the time and flooring it every other time. and still, fuel consumption came to only 18cents per km. Handling is superb!!! Truly driver's car that one. Am enjoying every minute of it.

Why would you want to drive/own anything else?! Great car, great performance, reasonable maintenance, simple and classic!

:top::top::top:

are you free for drinks fri or sat evening? need help relieving my E30 withdrawal syndrome :)

mizhan;555650 said:
are you free for drinks fri or sat evening? need help relieving my E30 withdrawal syndrome :)

yes yes, just let me know when and where. I'll take your e30 anytime you like, consider giving it to good hands, you'll never regret.

Top Bottom