Wonderful Driving Routes in Malaysia!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i prefer jalan sultan ismail - heritage row....kinda nice to go there at 10pm-3am...hehehe

ajad308;388992 said:
i prefer jalan sultan ismail - heritage row....kinda nice to go there at 10pm-3am...hehehe

Are u on another frequency man??:stupido:

ajad308;388992 said:

totally agree ....or perhaps the Telawi's will do also .....

ICEMAN 13;389031 said:
KAJANG SILK highway ...the one from SG long to bangi .....AWSOME !!!!

I've tried the one that passes thru between mountains towards Sg Long. Awesome view, but not really nice to drive as the roads feel too rough.

My personal favourite road lies just a few kilometres away, the road to Cyberjaya starting from the KVDT entrance all the way to DHL centre. Respect the roads & enjoy the cruise:cool:

k3nny;387269 said:
One of the joys of owning a BMW i suppose is to be able to use her on beautiful country roads that are a mix of twisty's and straights.

I dont know of many but one of the routes that i use roughly once or twice a year is the KL - KARAK - BENTONG/RAUB/ - GUA MUSANG - KOTA BAHRU.

Alot of twisty areas, going through small quaint little towns and finally the stretch between Gua Musang - Kota Bahru is quite long but nonetheless, a very nice drive if you're not in a hurry.

I was actually told there was a nice route to try.

Apparently you can take Karak all the way to Kuantan and then on to Kuala Terengganu, and maybe down to Temerloh and on to Grik/Gua Musang and back down towards Perak?

The thing is someone also mentioned that somewhere along the way from Perak i think? that you will be driving down a highway or road that is exactly parallel to the Thai border and you can see elephants walking etc.

Anyone have any idea where this is?

If anyone has anymore wonderful driving routes as well, please feel free to share. Always nice to learn more of what the less explored sides of Malaysia has to offer and at the same time be able to explore our lovely BMW's. :)

Thanks so much!

i do travel to KB once or twice a year also.
the route i drive is same as you as above. haha... maybe spotted you once or twice maybe?

by the way, i just got back from KB last week. saw 2 M5 on the way there.

i agree that the road mentioned were nice to drive with. it's not that bumpy also.
but it's quite dangerous to drive aty night. especially from gua musang to KB. there's a hill to climb and i always meet these damn truck taht overload themselves and move not faster than ant!

the worst thing is they always break in the middle of the corner.

a broad day light drive is enjoyable to me. but at night, it's damn scary

redbaron;388259 said:
It will be nice if we can get all the hard core drivers combine and do round the peninsular drive.

please count me in.

i seem to have trouble convincing my friends/family to come for a countrywide road trip?

redbaron;387325 said:
Sg Petani - Baling - Pengkalan Hulu - Grik - East West Highway - Jeli - Gua Musang. To many route to post but for now this is quite enough.

I second this one. I call the bends near Baling the Stelvio of the east.

But it has taken a friend of mine already.

ajad308;388992 said:

Have UDM will pose. Add Jalan Pinang.

hello from down under (Singapore, that is).

i'm planning a road trip up was wondering what's a good route. i want nice driving roads with nice turns/bends and scenery.

i'm no expert at this, here's my plan:

From Singapore, stop at Melacca for a night

Next morning up to KL for a night

Take the East-West Federal Route 2, head north on Federal Route 3 to Tj Jara for the night

Drive back to Singapore on Route 3 all the way down Mersing-Kahang-Kluang-Ayer Hitam-NSH-Singapore.

or should i just skip KL altogether and take Melacca-Kula Pilah-Bahau-Mengkuan-Temerloh-Maran-Kuantan-Tj Jara (this would be more tiring i suspect)

Suggestions?

kyojin;410211 said:
hello from down under (Singapore, that is).

i'm planning a road trip up was wondering what's a good route. i want nice driving roads with nice turns/bends and scenery.

i'm no expert at this, here's my plan:

From Singapore, stop at Melacca for a night

Next morning up to KL for a night

Take the East-West Federal Route 2, head north on Federal Route 3 to Tj Jara for the night

Drive back to Singapore on Route 3 all the way down Mersing-Kahang-Kluang-Ayer Hitam-NSH-Singapore.

or should i just skip KL altogether and take Melacca-Kula Pilah-Bahau-Mengkuan-Temerloh-Maran-Kuantan-Tj Jara (this would be more tiring i suspect)

Suggestions?

Sounds like a plan, but no need to rush things. Let's wait for the others to comment & then move along:)

"tiring"?

BMW loves "tiring" road.. I'm not taking about congested traffic.. but clear road, curvy, up down, superb! .. and u will complain why the road end so fast while your leg refuse to release gas pedals!.. :eek:

CAUTION: Rear passenger can vomit... so be prepared.. :p

I recently went back to Kota Bahru for ching ming.

The roads were bad!

Alot of rough surfaces that can really shake your teeth loose..

Whats happening with the condition of the roads? The stretch after Raub before Gua Musang is bad.

Gua Musang to KB is actually quite nice and quite well maintained. Surprisingly. :)

saat;394013 said:
I second this one. I call the bends near Baling the Stelvio of the east.

But it has taken a friend of mine already.

Saat:

Doesnt this mean you have to go up to Sg Petani (North-West) using the NS Expressway and then head East to Gua Musang and back down via the Raub/Bentong/Karak way?

Wow.

Isnt there a way to go thru NS Expressway, exit somewhere near Ipoh up towards Grik etc?

Thanks

Thinking of road tripping with my wife this weekend. :)

k3nny;411203 said:
Saat:

Doesnt this mean you have to go up to Sg Petani (North-West) using the NS Expressway and then head East to Gua Musang and back down via the Raub/Bentong/Karak way?

Wow.

Isnt there a way to go thru NS Expressway, exit somewhere near Ipoh up towards Grik etc?

Thanks

That year I was at my MIL's in Kangar and wanted to visit my brother in Tanah Merah. So took Kangar to Sg Petani and then cut across to Grik.

There is a new entry point i.e. NSE-exit at Kuala Kangsar-Lengong-Grik.

But this route will bypass Baling-Pengkalan Hulu-Grik which I feel is one of the highlights of the route. There is a mountain pass there that I called the Stelvio of the East. That route will also take you across one of the highest point there. The route will also take you right near the Thai border.

One of my friends and two other pax lost their lives when he went off the road there.

If you still want to take the first part of this route, go up to Bt Mertajam, and then head towards Kulim and then Baling. Or you can exit earlier near Semangol and follow the small roads to thru Selama and then to Rantau Panjang.

I used to take this route to Perlis as an alternative route north. It's quite a nice drive. Selama got some history where about a policeman's wife or something.

How about Hulu Langat - Kuala Klawang - Jelebu, took my family for road trip last Saturday. Nice place there, can singgah for mandi sungai. A lot of jeram spot (can lepak for picnic with family). 1h 45min to reach there (normal driving).

Bentong-The Gap at Fraser's Hill also nice driving route but not passenger friendly.. Drove on that route last Friday. The E30 is very much at home on roads with tight corners. An E36 M3 cabrio had fun following behind but bcos the E30 chassis is more rigid compared to the open top E36 cabrio, I was able to put down the power sooner out of corners... If longer straights, he would have eaten me for breakfast aledi...

k3nny;411203 said:
Saat:

Wow.

Thanks

Wondering if you made the planned drive.

If so, write-lah a report card here for everyone to share.

Top Bottom