Merdeka day spirited drive

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
alalio;352643 said:
2813522450_568dbe4621.jpg

All the pictures showed David bullying the lesser endowed cars!:wink:

Juan Powerblow;352809 said:
Country View Drive eh? You will get that if I drive the lead car not Albundy, Van1ty or David Yong...

Gotta give pussy some credit too. He put up quite a fight. =D

Van1ty;353023 said:
Gotta give pussy some credit too. He put up quite a fight. =D

I'm still a bit pissed off with Pussy for pretending to sleep by the side of the road while waiting for the middle pack... As if we were that far behind... :stupid:

sorry bro BlackE90...i couldn't make it...

u guys must be having some real fun judging from the photos... :p

Juan Powerblow;353128 said:
I'm still a bit pissed off with Pussy for pretending to sleep by the side of the road while waiting for the middle pack... As if we were that far behind... :stupid:

ya-yeh.. i was alone at that time... trying to chase two death wish drivers :stupid: was tiring and i had this e90 325 at my tail for some time... even a white e36 was cucuking me at least 30mins ...

so i had to stop and wait... :rolleyes:

luckily i was not part of this ...as I was in a mood of taking out beemers just as I did a PST Z4M the day before...hehehhehehe

They're 14 cars that day if not mistaken, and at an average of 180hp/car, it adds up to 2,500 horses storming the Kelawang country side... syiok!

Actually its not david's fault la, the 4-potter's are all doing an extremely good job in defending their lines ma.. :D ... from the following photos you can see... we are all using the entire width of the road to set our cars for the corners.... syiok! x 2 and thanks for the photos, we really missed the scenery.. too busy fending our lines.. :p

To be honest, the 6-potters only have slight advantage and that's the straights, which is not many in this part of the country, in the corners they are all abang adik la.. :D none of us can accelerate more in the corners because DSC intervenes, most of the time... :p

astroboy;353229 said:
They're 14 cars that day if not mistaken, and at an average of 180hp/car, it adds up to 2,500 horses storming the Kelawang country side... syiok!

Actually its not david's fault la, the 4-potter's are all doing an extremely good job in defending their lines ma.. :D ... from the following photos you can see... we are all using the entire width of the road to set our cars for the corners.... syiok! x 2 and thanks for the photos, we really missed the scenery.. too busy fending our lines.. :p

To be honest, the 6-potters only have slight advantage and that's the straights, which is not many in this part of the country, in the corners they are all abang adik la.. :D none of us can accelerate more in the corners because DSC intervenes, most of the time... :p

what about me ???

i had no ABS, DSC, DSC+T, Dynamic Drive, ABC, TC.. etc, etc....

so i had drivers skill only... thank goodness learned from HPC, Zoggee, Bundy to drive better...:top:

pussy;353241 said:
what about me ???

i had no ABS, DSC, DSC+T, Dynamic Drive, ABC, TC.. etc, etc....

so i had drivers skill only... thank goodness learned from HPC, Zoggee, Bundy to drive better...:top:

At least you had HPC, Zoggee and Bundy. =p

But I personally think we all should find out the limits of our cars thru experience and discovery. There's a certain speed your BMW can take a particular corner, and hold that corner. Bring out the courage to find out what that speed is. =)

A little cornering tip I kinda developed myself. On the highway, if you see a speed limit (eg.60kph) near a corner, our cars can do double that (eg. 12Xkph), if not more. =D

Same applies to backroads/racing circuits with no speed signs, only that you have to push yourself to discover how fast your car can take the corners. Hehe.

Damnit, I'm such a cornering kaki. Haha.

Van1ty;353260 said:

But I personally think we all should find out the limits of our cars thru experience and discovery. There's a certain speed your BMW can take a particular corner, and hold that corner. Bring out the courage to find out what that speed is. =)

A little cornering tip I kinda developed myself. On the highway, if you see a speed limit (eg.60kph) near a corner, our cars can do double that (eg. 12Xkph), if not more. =D

Same applies to backroads/racing circuits with no speed signs, only that you have to push yourself to discover how fast your car can take the corners. Hehe.

Damnit, I'm such a cornering kaki. Haha.

ya.. following you had me pushing the car much harder.. but the coupe of yours stuck like glue to the tarmac.. well balance for a standard coupe..

i had lots of understeer around the winding corners, but for the fast sweeping corners.. had to slow down.. first time on this roads.. so better know it better than be sorry..

Van1ty;353260 said:
.... A little cornering tip I kinda developed myself. On the highway, if you see a speed limit (eg.60kph) near a corner, our cars can do double that (eg. 12Xkph), if not more. =D....

Bro, this is a very dangerous statement... mis-read it can lead people to Holland! :eek: U must take into consideration of your tyre condition, car balance, suspension condition, water on the road and even the pot hole on the road which was not there yesterday, maybe there's a stall car right after the exit of the curve and again, wasn't there yesterday..

Malaysian Road Department does not impose speed limit on specific corners, but rather speed limit for entire stretch for both straights and corner. I find even some highway 110kph limit corner is a little over when the road is wet with running water crossing the road... one tip for safe driving is Murphy's Law must always be applied.

astroboy;353229 said:

You are very right!

I had the pleasure of driving a 320 Sport for a weekend and I found out that the car handles extremely well with sufficient power as a daily driving machine while fulfilling the need for occasional spirited driving. Needless to say driving down from Genting Highlands was a very pleasurable experience!!

The E90 320i is not like the previous e36 or e46 entry level machines which were a little soft and underpowered. Now everyone can experience all the driving dynamics of a BMW in a 320i :)

Cheers

ALBundy;353512 said:
You are very right!

I had the pleasure of driving a 320 Sport for a weekend and I found out that the car handles extremely well with sufficient power as a daily driving machine while fulfilling the need for occasional spirited driving. Needless to say driving down from Genting Highlands was a very pleasurable experience!!

The E90 320i is not like the previous e36 or e46 entry level machines which were a little soft and underpowered. Now everyone can experience all the driving dynamics of a BMW in a 320i :)

Cheers

On my way back from Ipoh, I had a stock E90 320i tailing me, was doing a 120km/h that time, so i push the speed up gradually until about 180 and the 320i was right behind me wt ease. Only when i floored it, it took a while before she could catch up, but it was pretty fast. yes it was a "she"... if it was a 36 or 46 320, it would hv been a slower catch up... I must say the E90 320i is quite torqie as i could see her catching up in my rearview mirror .. Worst of all, i was holding my steering pretty hard and trying to concentrate on the road at over 180km/h, i decided not to push further, so i maintained at a 180-190km/h and let her past, she look preety relaxed on the wheel wt a friendly smile overtaking me at that speeds... :eek:

sachseelan;353524 said:
On my way back from Ipoh, I had a stock E90 320i tailing me, was doing a 120km/h that time, so i push the speed up gradually until about 180 and the 320i was right behind me wt ease. Only when i floored it, it took a while before she could catch up, but it was pretty fast. yes it was a "she"... if it was a 36 or 46 320, it would hv been a slower catch up... I must say the E90 320i is quite torqie as i could see her catching up in my rearview mirror .. Worst of all, i was holding my steering pretty hard and trying to concentrate on the road at over 180km/h, i decided not to push further, so i maintained at a 180-190km/h and let her past, she look preety relaxed on the wheel wt a friendly smile overtaking me at that speeds... :eek:

The 4 pot valvy with 6 speed automatic transmission is no slouch. And yes, the driving dynamics of the E90 is much improved over the E46 to say the least. And when you overcook it, there is always DSC to save the day (subject to the laws of physics!) :)

Cheers

Top Bottom