wiper washer pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skinhead

Club Guest
my e39 wiper wash failed to spray water since few weeks ago. 1s suspect is d pump. my dablevanos has ony 1 wiper wash pump. located at the front tyre rear compartment. to access u need to remove d tyre first then remove d splash cover. u can refer to moots posting n picture. d pump failed to work. suspect some dirt/debries entered d pump as some of the waterhose(blackplastic) becum brittle over time and dissentigrate. i knock d pump few times on d floorfew times, refit back, wlao.. its works again :top:. next i oso change the blackhose to transparent fishtank plastic pipe. tied d joint wit cabletie to secure the joint. refit back everything and smile, cheap fix :top:

aiks..i had the same problem last time. but i bot the ori expensive hose cost me rm200 >.<
the guy from Bav auto told me its made of teflon..i also thot about using fish pump hose b4 but never did it as no time...

What happen is as water wet the pump motor, the motor becomes rusty and suck due to non activity, i took the assembly apart and spray the motor with WD40, tested with direct DC before put it back and seal casing with silicon glue. Lasted for 1 year already. To avoid this problem, you need to use it often la, then motor wont get stuck.

Top Bottom