Will RM10k A Month Salary Enough To Own A F30 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
astroboy;774044 said:
90% of the people I know that drives a BMW earn less than RM10k while 90% of the people I know who earns more than RM10k doesn't drive a BMW.. :4:

I myself earn less than myr10k/mth when i bought my e90:4:

astroboy;774025 said:
I think best ask the father, if one can't make a decision, best ask the father.. :4:

hi all

ask father; n mother too.. thats what i always do.. im pretty much made up my mind what to do in most cases, but that final piece of what i call 'blessings' , seals the deal..

I went from 'thinking' of changing to buying in 3 months... Was driving a plotong...
It's all numbers after your emotions tell you to buy...
Fairly straight forward when you have all the numbers you can calculate...
If after calculate you can afford, just go for it...
Oh and I read thru all 15 pages, it's good forum etiquette to read n understand the thread b4 jumping in and posting...

for me..i must go to 320d(used) whatever it cause soon despite i be able to saving only rm1k per month only for maintenance
cost, hope it worth it

Buy E46 la if you like 3 series..so cheap in the market now as a start to own BMW...still the same logo maa....when you start to feel how to maintain it, then u decide to upgrade to a latest model if you think you can afford it...just my 2 cents opinion...

Yeap BMW used car price is pathetic and too low. As if not worth to drive other model.

muhaiminrahim;776262 said:
I myself earn less than myr10k/mth when i bought my e90:4:

when u bought u earn less than that.meaning u earn so much more after using the e90! :-D

initialM;770196 said:
It depend on how u expect from a car. If I earn 10k I buy used M3.

I also buy used M3(d preferably when got) when hit 10k a month.....

docrayboy;787628 said:
I also buy used M3(d preferably when got) when hit 10k a month.....

Walauweh you can buy felali or poshey redy la with your current income

madrazcbr;770174 said:
Sorry guys ... very new here ...

As the topic says ... or do you need to earn more to enjoy having a brand new 328 in your porch ...

Let say a normal person :
1) not smoking
2) does not believe on branded item
3) no kids
4) good budget planner
5) car installment around RM2700 a month ..

with RM10000 a month can he afford ...
falling in love with it but afraid cannot afford to maintain the car after free service finish ...
by the way how much is the cost to service F30 ... anybody can share the maintenance cost please ...

madrazcbr bro!

It is always a juggling of the minds that eventually enter a spate of confusion when come to new car such as BMW. Your RM10k/month maybe hypothetical question with regards to owning BMW but you certainly had posed a very valid question to many future BMW onwers.

Allow me to share a little bit of my 2 cents on this question. I first had gone through all the comments. To me it isn't a waste of time going through the 16 pages, rather I had learned something from it. I now have pretty good idea on how BMW onwers view money Vs car of passion, at least in general. Thus on the question of to buy or not to buy it occurs to me the need to strike a balance in life philosophy. As someone who is approaching mid life with spurt of grey hairs getting more and more visible as time goes by, money though not everything, one needs to plan properly.

What sort of retirement do you want? Would you go back to your kampung and do some farm work (like many of my friends wish to do....with old bones, I am skeptical), or would you join politics to pass time, or would you like to be inpendendent travelling around with your own money visiting palces, friends, relatives, sons, daugthers and grand children? Would you stay in fully paid house and have few assets and properties to pass down your descendents?,,,,,,it is endless,,,where to start and where to stop when come to retirement plan.

Then again people say life is short. We must not waste limited life chasing unlimited money. Someone even say, get a BMW otherwise you would pass on without knowing how it's like to own one. That reminded me many years back a collegue who finally got himself a Beemo but few months later diagnossed with cancer..another sad story.

Go back to the question, imho, please consider carefully. RM10k/month (although may not be your true income) isn't a lot of money with ever rising cost of living. The future is ever demanding and full of gadgets that increase one's wish list. Many people who put passions ahead of reality ending up in financial trouble let alone make it to the millionaire status. Thus in this thread, I would incline to agree with the following comments:

# 55
# 79
# 84
# 92
# 94
# 97
# 99
# 110
# 125
# 130
# 140
# 150 - this one could be true too.

Sorry couldn't quote these comments but you don't have to check unless you are curious enough.

No offence, no sarcasm, just true 2 cents for all its' worth.

Regards.

For a single person with a house + car + expenses, 10k will be quite tight but not entirely manageable..

like what everybody here is saying, lifestyle preference and priorities.

Thank you all for sharing their thoughts and time to read and write comment in this thread ... the thread is an eye opener for me not only on car but life as general ... it is how you juggle with life and what first and what last ... prioritization is important in life ...

although my love on BMW cars are still strong but I have cancelled my 328 booking 2 weeks ago ... I felt that it is not worth to pay almost close to RM300k for a car that has so many manufacture defect ... I think it is the price to pay for those who bought new model ... I will wait for the facelifted version in 2 or 3 years time ... in the mean time ... I will just continue drooling when a F30 pass by me ...

Good choice.

Social scientists have proven in an experiment involving kids and observing them over 30 years that kids who can practice 'delayed gratification' became more successful after 30 years compared to those who can't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment

Also, if u can delay it for a few years, you might be making 20k by then, and more than able to afford it.

But you can always argue that we only live once and we might not be around tmr. That is correct. But what if u are still around?

I know somebody who was diagnosed with cancer and the doctor gave him 6 months to live. He finished all his savings, but then 6 years later, he is still around, broke, and miserable.

Drolling over something is a very good way to motivate you to work harder towards whatever that u are drolling after. Remember the time when we were going after our gfs/wife? Promising ourselves to work hard to give them a good life?

simple Q ...so many postings out here and so many ppl earning those 5 figure salaries ...

when can i see them paying rm300 to join us here to become official members larrr ...common ... :)

ICEMAN 68;791217 said:
simple Q ...so many postings out here and so many ppl earning those 5 figure salaries ...

when can i see them paying rm300 to join us here to become official members larrr ...common ... :)

Hehehe...terbaik tuan...

Top Bottom