Where to buy absorber?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
I think my Bilstein PSS is come to the end of its life now. Fell the car like jumping when pass the uneven strip lines on the road.

Any lubang to get a set of new PSS?

Or any recomendation where to get the custom made absorber for my oldie e39? TITAN (again)?

Pls lock the thread, found out not the absorber problem. Now headache for the rear axle.

moots said:
bro...wat story?tell lar.maybe we can help maa....
Yes bro, i really need you comment.

I jacked the car and checked with my mechanic. The rear wheel is shaking when we shake it.

He mentioned item#4, #8, #14, #18 need to have a new part (all 8 items are link together).

We can not just replace the bush for item#8?

Between, anyone replace the bush for item#2 in below picture?

bro ...kalau yr rear wheel shaking then most likely it is item #2 from top pic.
it shud not be any component from the lower pic which is your rear subframe.
however from top pic item # 14 and #18 (link arms) cud be worn as well at the ball joints.
#18 controls camber adjustmenet and #14 controls toe adjustment.

if all three parts are worn you definitely will have the whole wheel shaking upwards and sideways and the car will jump if you go over bumps at roundabouts.

moots said:
bro ...kalau yr rear wheel shaking then most likely it is item #2 from top pic.
it shud not be any component from the lower pic which is your rear subframe.
however from top pic item # 14 and #18 (link arms) cud be worn as well at the ball joints.
#18 controls camber adjustmenet and #14 controls toe adjustment.

if all three parts are worn you definitely will have the whole wheel shaking upwards and sideways and the car will jump if you go over bumps at roundabouts.

Bro, what is item #4 function?

Any idea we can only replace the ball joint for #14 and #18. I know the workshop specialize in ball joint, but not sure how reliable for our UDM.

Yes now i can feel the car is jumping over the strip lines. The feeling is like when i speed on the strip lines, the car feel like lost control in rear wheel and want to hit the pedestrian.

#4 is the link that connects the hub #1 and the lower arm #8 .the replacement arms #14 and #18 come with the balljoint and bushing pre fitted and I don't know if these can be replaced separately or whether they shud be replaced separately as the car is heavy and being suspension components i personally would not like to risk it.

Dismantled all the interior and found out this! The absorber strut already come out from the position.

Changed the mounting and problem solved. Anyway item #18 is the next thing to replace.

wallauei...your PSS may be too stiff for the absorber mount to take or maybe the old mount too lembek oledi due to age.if like this there will be no damping at all and the car will just be bouncing off of the springs...

First time the rear right have this problem. The rear left mounting failed within half year after i put on the PSS..lol..may be pasang silap.

you are right.. abs mounting do not fail this way. i have a feeling it was mounted wrong way, i.e all the washers and rubber pads may have been installed in a wrong sequence. it happens more than often. even at titan, one time the workers almost did that and luckily i noticed before they put it in. so .. do pay atttention when they do this.

Top Bottom