What piggyback are you using?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aramis

Club Guest
For those who have SC'ed your ride, can you share with me what piggyback ECU are you using? thanks!

Y cant we just use back the software that comes v sc?

Just send bac to them and flash our dme and its done....

or u can try that turn forever 1 ASATRONIC

do you really need a piggyback? fuel map and ignition maps are not for the average joe. why mess with it.

fyi your dme has more than enough capacity to handle most sc setup in the market with ready software. some components like the injectors may need a upgrade to compensate for the increase air volume. have your DME sent over to the tuner of your choice be it ESStuning, AA, or GIAC ...and have it uploaded with the SC optimized software and sent back to you. turn around time will be about a week, dont stinge on ya shipping or its gonna take forever to pass our bloody customs. some tuner may have a remote OBDII port tuning option as well, if they do, just order the kit from them and you will save your time and money doing so. the kit allows you to download your cars original program and upload it all using your own computer.

alternatively, you may go over to singapore and contact Bernard of BVO, he is a authorized dimsport programmer with full access and experience with most bmw DME software versions. most singapore sc-ed bimmers have their cars tune by him. juzzforcars may be another option as they both use the same hardware. both are well known bmw tuners in singapore.

I am running on bvo flashing,
U so sure that they are better than AA, ESS or GIAC?

if you ask me, i would prefer on the spot tuning, rather than getting a chip or remote tuning. chip is worst, it based on a car in a far away place, with mods that might be vastly different from yours.

next is remote tuning. u log d data here, send it over, they do a 'safe' touchup and send back. u get a smooth curve, but not the perfect match for your car.

dyno tuning/on d road tuning is my fav. real time, real environment, real mods. real power :) if u spend a bomb on u're sc kit, y stinge on the tuning? bad tuning=not a fully optimised engine.

our dme is pretty good, but it wont be able to compensate for a lot of things. end of day, power is not cheap :D have to dig deep baby!!

but your tuner is v important. u can buy all the best hardware, but no tuning, might as well run stock.

aramis...going the s/c route ar? hehehe. ready made kit or DIY? piggyback is ok for convenience and ease of installation. just make sure it can manipulate the o2 signals to the dme. full standalone more $$$, but ultimate control.

ken330...hows d driveability/power after the flash? should be pretty good?

Good?! hmm.... must comes with driveability, problem free, hassle free and most important light free.

I would rather choose those that come v sc as i believe they had spend enernomous R&D on their sc kits software.

i believe at the end of the day, the problem does not lie in the software or hardware but our personal desire for more and more power than what a standard Sc kit is design for.

some get a sk+ with extra 40hp wants another 100hp...

some wit sk1 with 6.5psi wants to upgrade to sk2 sk3 ...

both the above mention kit, in its original setup, comes with adequate fueling needs and works wonderfully out of the box. be it with a simple asatronic resistor box or a properly tune ms software for the DME.

if you were to just be contended with what you have, your car will be problem free, the minute your hand or head decides to play with the whole setup, increasing the boost, fuel, ignition etc. Murphy's law will just prevail.

just remember, before you put your money on a sc kit, decide on what power package you need, dont bother with post-installation upgrade. pay the required money for the right setup at the beginning. ask your self if that is enough, and how much extra money you have in the event that you will need anything even more than whats available over the counter.

do the right thing in the beginning and you should be a happier person there after

In a way that is true. But the stock kit runs lean in our climate (this depends on how anal you are, i'm very, so that's why i had to fiddle with it).
When i was on my stage 1 6.5psi, the dyno run should lean across the board. Only with a piggyback (before the ecu compensated the alterations) walbro fuel pump, 246cc injectors was i only able to rectify the lean issues throughout the rev range. But i do seem to believe it varies from car to car.

aaroni;247462 said:
do you really need a piggyback? fuel map and ignition maps are not for the average joe. why mess with it.

fyi your dme has more than enough capacity to handle most sc setup in the market with ready software. some components like the injectors may need a upgrade to compensate for the increase air volume. have your DME sent over to the tuner of your choice be it ESStuning, AA, or GIAC ...and have it uploaded with the SC optimized software and sent back to you. turn around time will be about a week, dont stinge on ya shipping or its gonna take forever to pass our bloody customs. some tuner may have a remote OBDII port tuning option as well, if they do, just order the kit from them and you will save your time and money doing so. the kit allows you to download your cars original program and upload it all using your own computer.

alternatively, you may go over to singapore and contact Bernard of BVO, he is a authorized dimsport programmer with full access and experience with most bmw DME software versions. most singapore sc-ed bimmers have their cars tune by him. juzzforcars may be another option as they both use the same hardware. both are well known bmw tuners in singapore.

If it is that simple, I would have done it. :cool:

of coz I aint gonna mess with the piggyback, Im paying someone to do it for me.

ramsing;247537 said:
if you ask me, i would prefer on the spot tuning, rather than getting a chip or remote tuning. chip is worst, it based on a car in a far away place, with mods that might be vastly different from yours.

next is remote tuning. u log d data here, send it over, they do a 'safe' touchup and send back. u get a smooth curve, but not the perfect match for your car.

dyno tuning/on d road tuning is my fav. real time, real environment, real mods. real power :) if u spend a bomb on u're sc kit, y stinge on the tuning? bad tuning=not a fully optimised engine.

our dme is pretty good, but it wont be able to compensate for a lot of things. end of day, power is not cheap :D have to dig deep baby!!

but your tuner is v important. u can buy all the best hardware, but no tuning, might as well run stock.

aramis...going the s/c route ar? hehehe. ready made kit or DIY? piggyback is ok for convenience and ease of installation. just make sure it can manipulate the o2 signals to the dme. full standalone more $$$, but ultimate control.

ken330...hows d driveability/power after the flash? should be pretty good?

Ready-made kit of coz :rock: . Well, from what I know, our damn dme is too clever, it tends to relearn. :(

keN330;247443 said:
Y cant we just use back the software that comes v sc?

Just send bac to them and flash our dme and its done....

or u can try that turn forever 1 ASATRONIC

I thought the ASATRONIC are meant fot Euro or American bimmer only?

leforte;247581 said:
i believe at the end of the day, the problem does not lie in the software or hardware but our personal desire for more and more power than what a standard Sc kit is design for.

some get a sk+ with extra 40hp wants another 100hp...

some wit sk1 with 6.5psi wants to upgrade to sk2 sk3 ...

both the above mention kit, in its original setup, comes with adequate fueling needs and works wonderfully out of the box. be it with a simple asatronic resistor box or a properly tune ms software for the DME.

if you were to just be contended with what you have, your car will be problem free, the minute your hand or head decides to play with the whole setup, increasing the boost, fuel, ignition etc. Murphy's law will just prevail.

just remember, before you put your money on a sc kit, decide on what power package you need, dont bother with post-installation upgrade. pay the required money for the right setup at the beginning. ask your self if that is enough, and how much extra money you have in the event that you will need anything even more than whats available over the counter.

do the right thing in the beginning and you should be a happier person there after

what you say is quite true. My kit is not stock, it comes with an IC and an upgraded pulley. It is not fucntioning as good as out of the box, that why a piggy back is needed.

Daniel;247587 said:
In a way that is true. But the stock kit runs lean in our climate (this depends on how anal you are, i'm very, so that's why i had to fiddle with it).
When i was on my stage 1 6.5psi, the dyno run should lean across the board. Only with a piggyback (before the ecu compensated the alterations) walbro fuel pump, 246cc injectors was i only able to rectify the lean issues throughout the rev range. But i do seem to believe it varies from car to car.

My car is out from thr workshop. Running SMT7 with extra injector. No issue with fueling.

*fingers crossed

Daniel;247587 said:

yup...fully agree with you. especially if its a 2nd hand kit or retrofitted. otherwise u're just burning too much fuel, or too little :eek: :eek:

aramis;247622 said:
My car is out from thr workshop. Running SMT7 with extra injector. No issue with fueling.

*fingers crossed

hehehe....are u driving a silver E46 ar? :rock: i think i saw u're car in the shop :smokin: anwyays we met b4 la, during cbj tt. can i meet up with you ar? just to get a feel of the smt7 with a s/c. :burnout:

aramis;247622 said:

*fingers crossed

Congrat man, u had done it~~ :top:

btw by right ur Sc kit should comes with bigger injectors compare to our stock 1, how comes we dunt get it huh? Must buy yourself aditional 1 some more.

ramsing;247628 said:
hehehe....are u driving a silver E46 ar? :rock: i think i saw u're car in the shop :smokin: anwyays we met b4 la, during cbj tt. can i meet up with you ar? just to get a feel of the smt7 with a s/c. :burnout:

I remember u lah. U used to drive a green turbo wira, right???

hee hee

sure, u work in CBJ too? where abouts?

aramis;247675 said:
I remember u lah. U used to drive a green turbo wira, right???

hee hee

sure, u work in CBJ too? where abouts?

hahaha...ya, the green wiralution. good ol' days. u also last time vtec powah! i oso remember.

i work in MDeC. we shoudl organise a yumcha la. but i want to check out your car oso. maybe we can do lunch one day.....

ramsing;247698 said:
hahaha...ya, the green wiralution. good ol' days. u also last time vtec powah! i oso remember.

i work in MDeC. we shoudl organise a yumcha la. but i want to check out your car oso. maybe we can do lunch one day.....

MDEC? just across the road. :)

sure, just let me know when.

ramsing;247627 said:
yup...fully agree with you. especially if its a 2nd hand kit or retrofitted. otherwise u're just burning too much fuel, or too little :eek: :eek:

i rather burn more fuel than too little, nothing better than a sooty tail pipe.

Top Bottom