Piggyback system

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Whoa, veli educating. Got information overload alreadi. Gonna :lazy: on it first and digest the information. :dunno: :rolleyes: :yes!:

Chewkies...

Maintain ur car stock,check for any fault codes,play with the breather and rear differential. Its enuf.

If not get a E36 325i Manual.

All I want to do here is not for you to spend unneccassarily.. or maybe I shud shut up here.???

Originally posted by Zoggee@Mar 8 2006, 11:56 AM
Chewkies...

Maintain ur car stock,check for any fault codes,play with the breather and rear differential. Its enuf.

If not get a E36 325i Manual.

All I want to do here is not for you to spend unneccassarily.. or maybe I shud shut up here.???
Keep it flowing...whatever advise it may be...thanks for the concern too...yeah wouldn't want to spend unnecessarily...
the thing is tat i'm not sure if me car is supposed to be driving as it is or not... :unsure:

chewkies we are not putting you down or discouraging you, just lettting you know what is to be expected.

I have a SMT 6 but not in my B'mer, its good if you want to replace the Flap type Airflow sensor to a Map sensor type, this will definitely inprove the airflow, I use a wideband Lambda with datalogiing to tune plus an old Knock sensor to listen for knock. I even have a exhaust temperature guage but seldom use it. Definitely a better improvement.

But if you have an E30 ba aware that if you have a flatspot some cars have a two fuel pumps, the high pressure one is outside the tank and a low pressure one in the tank, it is quite common for the in tank low pressure pump to fail and you will have flat spots. Try checking that first before you play with the tuning.

AlpinaB9

Originally posted by skar19@Mar 8 2006, 03:59 PM
chewkies we are not putting you down or discouraging you, just lettting you know what is to be expected.
Thanks Skar19...i understando...no probs! :D
In fact thanks everyone...very informative but i damn confused...hahaha
i think i need a teh tarik... :blush:

No one will say good if u planning to buy a ferrari because u have & they don't have, u can affort & they can't.

Just do whatever you like to do to your car. Bang your head to the wall will gain more experience.

Asking opinion around the world & waiting for group buy will only waste your time & phone bill.

Just go towards your goal.

My 2cents.

haha.. no worries about my teka-teki.. i am just trying to understand how our frens in singapore tune their bmws..

because when they installed the piggyback onto my car, i remember he mentioned that he needed to copy a 'modified mapping' of another car with similar mods onto my piggy unit..

so, i assume he can do the same with superchips/hiop/dms mappings.. copy, save, then transfer.. can make money oo... :D

Originally posted by adliz@Mar 8 2006, 12:00 AM
skar, zoggee, teejay and kinaka.. and chewkies.. :D

pls tell me what do u guys think..

1) flashing the ecu would alter the 'working parameters' of the engine, towards better performance/fuel consumption? true/false

2) piggyback basically try to achieve the same objective? true/false

3) if i were to get, say, superchips/hiop ecu flash, the base mapping wud be 'altered' permanently? true/false

4) any piggyback tuner wud be able to 'read' the existing settings of any car, as well as chipped cars? true/false

5) he can then program the piggyback to get similar/better settings? in other words, ciplak the settings of chipped cars? true/false

6) the car wouldnt adapt to the new settings by the piggyback as it continuously sends the 'modded' signals to the car's ori ecu? true/false

chiowzz... :lazy:
adam,

here is my answer to your teka-teki......
if correct i get to ride in your car....

if wrong you get to ride on my bike.......hehehhe!!!

1. true, but better performance doesn't really mean more fuel, the word is optimisation, on weather conditions, roads conditions, humidity,temp,fuel quality,etc,etc,etc....but the flashing too can cause major fuel consumption increase, as some people has experience before

2. true and false.....piggyback emulates certain conditions,and more, conditions are set by programmers based on the current program, and new conditions are set in to the altered program, but core program remains the same. piggyback system has progressive changes while flashing is a set degree.

3. true....yes, but you can revert back to your original settings, program, if you feel your programming doesn't suit you......or sell the car and get an m3....(kutuk gile!)

4.false, he can only read what is current......when you write something, blanco , im sure you can't read what was blanco'ed'

5. true, he can and should be able to use existing program, and optimise it.....beware fuel consumtion can be more then an m3, but cannot outrun an m3....so better go get an m3.....

6. true,.....thats what the piggy does that in the first place.....best part is you can play with the settings yourself.....although it can't get an m3 performance, your pocket will feel you have an m3......but then again, feelings are momentarily, so enjoy while you can feel it.......

wah.. like dat aa? i oso dun know right or wrong leh.. but i think exactly like u.. so, u r half correct, at least.. hahah

ur hartge fast leh.. dun pray pray.. ill see around man..

Reading the SMT6 from perfect power..

It says:
Map Switchable While you drive

What does that mean? Does it mean I can switch from Performance to Fuel-Saver while driving?

I'm really looking into this stuff now, yesterday I was driving from KL to Alor Star, and on the mountains near Ipoh, I was struggling to get faster than 80kmh. I think a few months ago I managed to go faster and didnt struggle with the RPM, it goes above 2.5 so slowly, I know if it hits 3 it will pick up.

And my fuel consumption is sucking up too, I used to be able to go Alor Star-KL for just above half tank.

My ride 318i E36.

Originally posted by masCh@Apr 30 2006, 06:25 PM
Reading the SMT6 from perfect power..

It says:
Map Switchable While you drive

What does that mean? Does it mean I can switch from Performance to Fuel-Saver while driving?

I'm really looking into this stuff now, yesterday I was driving from KL to Alor Star, and on the mountains near Ipoh, I was struggling to get faster than 80kmh. I think a few months ago I managed to go faster and didnt struggle with the RPM, it goes above 2.5 so slowly, I know if it hits 3 it will pick up.

And my fuel consumption is sucking up too, I used to be able to go Alor Star-KL for just above half tank.

My ride 318i E36.
yes you can have two different maps on the smt6......you can have a fuel efficient map and a performance map. you can switch while driving by installing a simple switch.

is you car a manual or automatic.....there is no point if its a auto....it will be difficult to tune

Really no point ka, there is still a point but its just too tough to achieve? I can settle with the latter, i'm very patient, heheh.

Yes I drive a 93 Auto E36 318i

Originally posted by masCh@May 1 2006, 03:18 AM
Really no point ka, there is still a point but its just too tough to achieve? I can settle with the latter, i'm very patient, heheh.

Yes I drive a 93 Auto E36 318i
dude...

Already read ur pm. and I think you shud check ur gearbox.

you got my no. you can call me anytime. :wink:

gearbox ka?

I'm having trouble in the 0-3000 rpm range, especially 2000-3000. After 3000 it picks up faster. I dont think it has anything to do with gear changing?

My Vios speeds up faster at 60-120 kmh

Top Bottom