VPower Ron 97 vs VPower Racing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shah7710

Club Guest
ermm..this is happened by accident...normally, i fill up my car with Ron 97..so, what happened was, on the way to KLIA, I decided to stop at Shell station and fill up some gas. So, after made the payment, I confidently fill up the tank. Then, I realised that that particular pump was VPower Racing, which means it's expensive than RM2.10...sighhh...but, nevermind, despite lesser liter of petrol in my fuel tank, I decided to give it a try...to me, didnt feel much diffrent compared to Ron97...initlally, i thought the engine would response better..but not really...perhaps any1 here can share their xperience...btw, for reading pleasure, this was taken from paultan..http://paultan.org/2010/09/28/not-all-fuels-are-the-same-we-dig-deeper-into-shell-v-power/#more-42828

No difference from me - in terms of power/acceleration or consumption :listen:
Tested on E90, E39, E34, E30.

Getting more mileage out of a full tank from the Vron97, as compared to VPower Racing.
On avg about 50-80kms more.

I have been pumping VPower (the one with the red handled pumps) exclusively for quite a number of years when it was widely available.

To me, I feel there is definitely a difference. These days, when I pump VPower RON 97 instead of VPower Racing due to lack of availability, I feel that the engine is less responsive.

I would suggest that you try pumping VPower Racing exclusively so you get used to it and then revert back to VPower RON 97. I am sure you would feel the difference then.

BLaCkHoWLiNG;567039 said:
Honestly, before u convert to Ron97 ..From Ron95 or vice versa... or to VPOWER.. the first tank is never the defining tank for performance gauging.. it's always the 2nd or 3rd tank..

Bhai - bertangki-tangki dah isi .. Maybe engine mapping different kot .. he he he ..:eek:

lewint....
its juz the SHELL advertisement playing in ur mind only nia....
RON95 is more than sufficient.
try BHPetroluem.

kayzhen911;567150 said:
lewint....
its juz the SHELL advertisement playing in ur mind only nia....
RON95 is more than sufficient.
try BHPetroluem.

Haha no way bro, with RON 95, I will have a hard time getting up the hilly areas and pulling past a Toyota Vios. That is a fact. Haha.

Haven't tried BHP. But some of my friends who drive Civic Type-R's swear by Caltex Techtron. Have experimented with Caltex myself but I still find the engine more responsive with VPower Racing.

for my e30 m40b18,ron97 is better than ron95..havent try VPR yet..esso ron97 is good too..

btw last time for my integra b18c(sold oredi) i only use VPR..other than dat can feel power loss =P..but during dat time easier to find VPR and cheaper..

Just ask the //M guys about Shell VPower Racing and listen to what they have to say about this fuel. I would prefer VPower Racing though it is difficult to come by these days. You can just feel the accelaration and power with this VPower. For outstation/monthly drive, I will pump in full tank of VPower Racing and whereas for city drive, a mixture of 30% VPower Racing and 70% RON 95.

My aim = pass on the little I know in this area.

RON is Research Octane Number which is used to detemine knocking point in the engine. It ain't gonna do squat for your engine performance, consumption etc etc etc. Ask any Petroleum Engineer worth their salt.

On the other hand Vpower and Vpower Racing is a discussion about additives. Now this is a different story. Obviously the additives in the fuel regardless of RON will assist in consumption, performance, cleaning, emissions, etc etc etc.....subject to the massive caveat of a HEALTHY ENGINE

On RON, higher powered cars may require higher RON due to ability for lower RON fuels to cause knocking and damage engine, thus loss of power, consumption etc. In Japan, ada RON100. In Europe and US, RON95 is premium. Check your UDM, it will say recommended use RON91 and ensure it is unleaded. Nuff said

On another myth, natural, semi and fully synthetic oil. What does this do for your engine.....squat!!!! It is the melting point and freezing point, viscousity. In our Msian weather, don't even waste money on fully synthetic. Standard engine oil will suffice. Synthetics are used for harsh temperate weather to protect the engine. Simple la...PROTON dropped a car in the North Pole and expected it to start, they used Petronas Synthium is it, and it started with a massive ROAR......nuff said

It's like taking vitamin C everyday when one eats heaps of fruits rich in vitamin C....what happens...your urine is yellow and stinks. Just like the body discreating unused additional vitamins so as it does not cause harm to the body, the motor engine does the same...i.e. burn the additional money in RON away and sludge out synthetic motor oil that is not needed. What happens = waste money at the pharmacy buying Vitamin C or multivites...and waste money at petrol kiosk/mech on such fuel/oil

My 2 cents worth, something I abide to strictly, given my knowledge of how oil companies operate from a technical and marketing standpoint.

vpower racing definitely more responsive and i've been using it for the past 2years. due to the lack of availability, i have switch to 97-vpower since 3months ago. it aint as responsive as vpower racing, than again the fuel consumption from 97 did improve around 50-80km per tank. i still prefer vpower racing. but its no longer flexible as only certain shell provide vpower racing.

significant difference on my mazda b8, but not much on m20b20, will stick to BHP 95

Very interesting ssmann. I had an idea about the fuel and RON that higher RON isn't really an advantage, but always thought the fully syn and semi syn makes a difference! I use semi but think once in a while about experimenting with fully syn one day. Thanks for the enlightening post.

Hammer278;567379 said:
Very interesting ssmann. I had an idea about the fuel and RON that higher RON isn't really an advantage, but always thought the fully syn and semi syn makes a difference! I use semi but think once in a while about experimenting with fully syn one day. Thanks for the enlightening post.

No worries bro. I hang out with alot of Petroleum Engineers.....kinda nerdy :eek: ...but hey, at least I get the honest truth rather than marketting ploys :top:

I always look out for information as such as I'm a bit of a nerd on this kind of stuff as well. As I have a mech eng background, technicalities are always of interest!

If you could advise, are there 'better' fuel stations out there than others? Or is it another myth? Personally I always fill up at a BHP, maybe it's a fake feel but I always feel better and smoother response with BHP. :listen:

In terms of RON97 i have found that my car likes Caltex97 the best, 2nd BHP97, 3rd Shell97

Of course V-Power lagi laa suka but too expensive for me to use for everyday city driving ...

Top Bottom