View on E39 need comment

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
With rm2000/month, I rather pay half for car and half invest in another property or land

Crymson;549382 said:
With rm2000/month, I rather pay half for car and half invest in another property or land

Bro, u wanna impress your clients and still have some dough to spare, go for an E38. Quite a few on Mudah now, around 40+k. spend another 20k to do up immaculately and you have a 60k car that will impress most people........IMHO. If u r thinking E39....ride wise etc, not so diff......

Crymson;549367 said:
My biz mostly in klang valley and currently travelling in my trusty E36 328i. Some how an upgrade to E46 would not really impress my current clients (they want to see that I've upgraded myself), thought I don't mind that silver E46 328i that's on offer in this forum. Maybe a E39 520i 2.2. I know i will be adviced against this choice but it is mostly on power. Power-wise, isn't the M54 520i 2.2 the same with M52 523i ?

Aaaa... choices choices.

But thanks all for the input on this E39 ... MBH 52.

If you really want to impress I believe there is a White MANUAL E46 330Ci, have been done up nicely and still selling in this forum I think. That'll impress the heck of everyone.

If u want to impress yr client & chicks buy my E39. Also shocked a lot of newer cars on hiway too.:listen: hehehehe

xstatic;549236 said:
From the pics, the air intake is different and also the abs unit is module is missing...

The battery jump cable is not in the manifold and there is another cable running across the engine besides the battery cable and the exhaust heat shield for M54 is thinner not like the one in the picture. The daignotic socket is usually in the engine bay at the bottom left of the picture. IMO

herbert;547925 said:
Bro,

These are the things I will do if I were you:-

1. Check full details of car by keying in the VIN http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
2. Take the car to any of the reputable BMW workshops and have them do a diagnostic test, check suspension system, any leaks ( from engine, auto-transmission, steering rack etc).
3. Get an estimate from said workshop for the above repair.
4. Then nego price with the car dealer.

How do we know whether it's M52TU or M52 when checking VIN #? I've checked both realoem & bmwfans...both display same info on month & year of manufacturing. Both also indicates M52.

Per my understanding, M52 is single vanos while TU comes with double vanos.

Can it also be indicated by the engine oil dip stick? my observation is if single vanos, dip stick is further away from radiator. double vanos, dip stick is nearer to radiator.

bmwfans
5' E39, Sedan
523i (M52) Region: Europe
Version: Right-hand drive
Transmission: Automatic
Date: '99, May

realoem
You Have Selected: 05/1999 E39 523i Sedan M52 Europe Right hand drive Automatic
Production Code: DM42

This is the main diff for m52 and m52tu.

attachment-1.jpg

the attached pic is referring to M52 & single vanos rite? 1stly the circled area looks like single & 2ndly the dip stick is away from radiator.

Bumped over this car at Kota Damansara this evening..hope that the salesman is driving that car,not the unlucky buyer...hehe

devil9;580975 said:
the attached pic is referring to M52 & single vanos rite? 1stly the circled area looks like single & 2ndly the dip stick is away from radiator.

Yes, it is single vanos.

haywire;548396 said:
You mean like this?

4853943112_6da7977f9d_b.jpg

(Its clear that I have too much time in my hands)

Also while doing that I realised the plate number could be M52, could complement the engine if it was a M52 in its heart.

This is Japan spec, license plate lubang is square as opposed to rectangular. In Japan the 523 was known as 525, so technically the import papers is correct. Also I think alot of cars sent there in 98 and 99 were not sold until 2000 and 2001, the year of manufacture and registered date is different, but dealers/exporters declared the car based on registration date in Japan instead of manufacture date perhaps for better margins???

Top Bottom