V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;377690 said:
Breaking news:
Petrol price dropping another 10 sen at midnight tonight. Apparently the APM shows a negative subsidy at RM2.00 per lit. Let's hope V-Power drops in tandem. :D

Ha! Ha! You wish..... :rolleyes:

racheltoh;377718 said:
so what is the conclusion?
Shell V Power or Shell Super

V-Power of course if one can afford it :top::love: if not Shell Super or any other RON 97 grade fuel is good enough :D

chewkies;377823 said:
Anyone know the latest VPower price?

Just filled up this morning. Rm2.35. Dropped by RM 0.10 as well.

I wonder if all dealers are honest about their vpower stock. This morning's batch wasn't as blue as what I remember. You can look at the glass adapter viewer on top of the refueling hose to see how blue the petrol is. I always do that when I pump v-power but notice some station's v-power is a deeper hue of blue and others look almost clear (slight blue tinge).

Hmm..

E46Fanatic;377832 said:
Just filled up this morning. Rm2.35. Dropped by RM 0.10 as well.

I wonder if all dealers are honest about their vpower stock. This morning's batch wasn't as blue as what I remember. You can look at the glass adapter viewer on top of the refueling hose to see how blue the petrol is. I always do that when I pump v-power but notice some station's v-power is a deeper hue of blue and others look almost clear (slight blue tinge).

Hmm..

e46F...next time i add more coloring for u ok...
icon10.gif

more blue means more quality right...pekat ma...:top:

***cabuts***

Hmmm ok-lah..at RM2.35/L I think I can go and try V-Power for a couple of tanks and see if I notice any FC/power difference. But must be disciplined and not be tempted to be heavy-footed to try out.. otherwise driving style will be different from normal and results can't be compared properly.

im quite a heavy footer but i could see the small diff in FC.. but if you can keep ur limit to 120kmh and not more than 3000rpm, big diff in FC...

E46Fanatic;377832 said:

E46F, after reading your post I left the office and filled up with V-Power opposite Eastin Hotel before going to several places on work. Tried to see the colour at the clear viewer part of the hose as you mentioned, but the glass was brownish so I thought I was pumping Klang river water... :D

Reset my Journey Computer. Drove 196km: 50% highway, 20% B-roads and 30% KL/PJ/Shah Alam, including a screaming 160kmh down the Guthrie Corridor Expressway. At the end of it, my journey FC was 10.5 l/100km. Pretty darn good for a fun day of driving. Long live the E90 and long live V-Power - they really go hand in hand! :top:

Schwepps;378021 said:
E46F, after reading your post I left the office and filled up with V-Power opposite Eastin Hotel before going to several places on work. Tried to see the colour at the clear viewer part of the hose as you mentioned, but the glass was brownish so I thought I was pumping Klang river water... :D

Reset my Journey Computer. Drove 196km: 50% highway, 20% B-roads and 30% KL/PJ/Shah Alam, including a screaming 160kmh down the Guthrie Corridor Expressway. At the end of it, my journey FC was 10.5 l/100km. Pretty darn good for a fun day of driving. Long live the E90 and long live V-Power - they really go hand in hand! :top:

good job... enjoy driving.. btw, i just pumped Vpower this morning to wifeys Jazz, shit i cant see no color.. . :stupid:

sachseelan;378089 said:
good job... enjoy driving.. btw, i just pumped Vpower this morning to wifeys Jazz, shit i cant see no color.. . :stupid:

From my experience some stations are quite clear like the one opposite Eastin and the one heading up to the BU Ramp (opposite BHP). One of the true blue Vpower can be found at the Shell station along the Persiaran Surian highway near Ikano opposite Palm Spring Dsra apts.

See if you guys notice it too now as you fill up.

Ha ha, hope you are not color blind...:rolleyes: I also tried V-Power a few days back, can't see the color... the damn glass was so filthy....:eek:.

Don't feel much power difference with my current Bios:wink:... going back to "normal" petrol the next round.

sachseelan;378089 said:

sachseelan;378478 said:
also heard Ron92 will be replaced wt Ron95 by mid 2009...

I heard RON92 replaced by RON95,
And RON97 bump to RON98. .... hope is true :)

Doubtful JPB. The intention is to move everyone to Ron 95, as it's supposedly good enough for normal use, and to continue to subsidize that. Ron 97/98 will be retained for the 'performance car' addicts, but the subsidy will be reduced or removed altogether. So it's 95 for the masses and 98 for the rich so to speak.

To me, 95 is the minimum and doesn't bring out the full potential of a modern engine. I hope Shell will be allowed to continue selling V-Power...

RON98 is the best fuel to bring out your UDM's full potential!
Note that horsepower on the catalog only apply if you're using RON98 fuel.

Since we're subsidizing the Government now, I think the RON98 wouldn't be too much higher in retail price compare to the RON95.

You're right about Ron 98, IsaacVky! ;)

Pricing depends: 1. On the price of crude 2. On the govt's domestic policy. The APM price depends on the crude prices, but pump prices are entirely set by the govt based on policy, and they can set them so that 98 is taxed and 95 is subsidized. In this economy, will they set 98 at parity with APM (no duty, no subsidy) and subsidize 95? It's more likely that they'll tax 98 to subsidize 95.

yo all..maybe im off topic here..but just to let u know that I used to work at Petronas MTBE plant in kuantan and for sure petronas oil is adding MTBE as antiknock agent/octane enhancer. the last time i check, shell is also making use of MTBE..

Top Bottom