V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 218 hp is nowhere. A stock Impreza STi is rated at 270 hp and will dyno even higher than that. Stock. As the guys lament in another thread, a 325i can't hope to smell a Mk6 GTI's exhaust.

astroboy;490148 said:
I beg to differ with ref the bold statement above. In my 4-cyc E90 320i, ULG95 has taken out most of the fun factor from my ride. ULG97 was a lot more lively. Very obvious! Despite me running 0w-30 SLX.. compare to those days when I was on ULG97 and Torco.. :top: :love:

Might be true for a 4-potter AB. But I dare you to do a blind test. Wait until the tank is nearly empty, then ask wifey to pump in some gas but not tell you what it is. See if you can tell. :wink:

Aiyoo... why r y'all compare NA and FI engine la? Different league ma.. :stupid:

Impreza 2.0 STI?! test top speed with 325i la.. and make that long distance! My money is on the 325i! Measure the FC too, 325i will be a lot more economical to run for the top speed trial... not to mention comfort.

Different league la. Comparing BMW with VW GTI or even CTR, those are track car la. You are dropping your own standard la. Then u should compare with the Wiralution as well, to be fair!

In fact Suzy Swift Sport (SSS) also beat 120i both pick up and top speed, both NAs!! :eek: How?! SSS only 1.6L, 400cc disadvantage.. :eek:

Schwepps;490152 said:
Might be true for a 4-potter AB. But I dare you to do a blind test. Wait until the tank is nearly empty, then ask wifey to pump in some gas but not tell you what it is. See if you can tell. :wink:

Yes, tested and she noticed. ULG97 to ULG95, she complain! She drives only and I fill petrol wan.

Do the test with her filling and you driving. Or ask a friend to pump for you. :)

any NA engine that can produce 1hp per cc or there about is a performance engine to me...

Schwepps;490149 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 218 hp is nowhere. A stock Impreza STi is rated at 270 hp and will dyno even higher than that. Stock. As the guys lament in another thread, a 325i can't hope to smell a Mk6 GTI's exhaust.

i have pitted with the mk5 b4 since they're my office buddys...i can tell u they re not far off on the dog fight...on npe the gti cant get his tail clear from my 325 and once we reach at the long stretch at the end of npe towards sg besi....his car n mine were about the same pace (circa 200km/h)...he unfortunately gets a CEL light right after while i had pushed the 325 to the very limit...
the gti will win but not by much.:top:

Schwepps;490149 said:

those jap shoguns can give italian super cars a good run for their money on a track...any sport saloon that can do that is already a hyper car...

another thing, pls get into an impreza and try do a sprint on kl-putrajaya highway...i'd rather be in my 325 anytime:rolleyes:

Schwepps;490152 said:

My wifey can also feel the difference between RON 95 and RON 97 on her Nissan Latio Hatchback 1.6L.

Schwepps;490140 said:
And when the Americans say 'average', it's not the same average that we think of. I'm a Subaru fan, so I happen to know that the 2010 Toyota Celica will have Impreza boxer engines and the GT-4 will be a 300hp AWD, WRC capable.

When I was in the US last year, all E90s I saw were 330 and above. I saw only one dirty, sorry-looking 325i in a university parking lot (probably a student's car) I think the Yanks would consider a 325i 'below average'...

Are u talking about the FT86 concept? Is that what they're gonna call the production version?

Putting off my R34 GTR purchase to see how the Subaru version will turn out..Subaru fan myself.

David Yong;490187 said:
My wifey can also feel the difference between RON 95 and RON 97 on her Nissan Latio Hatchback 1.6L.

If u hv a high compression ratio,its advisable to use 97.All my cars use 97..tried 95 and t'was crap,u can actually feel the difference.
End of the day,its ur money and yr choice..in the long run,I do believe engines that uses 97 will fare better.

Performance Petrol-World's Biggest Rip Offs

David Yong;490187 said:

It doesn't improve anything at all, David...iits one of the world's biggest rip offs according to CNN Money....its a waste of money going for performance petrols...Vpower etc

Check this link. Stop getting ripped off! save money for your kids' education!!

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...ripoffs/7.html

glock_8;490175 said:
any NA engine that can produce 1hp per cc or there about is a performance engine to me...

If it makes you feel any better, I too consider my 218hp 325i a performance car, and I would prefer all aspects of it to anything else from Germany, let alone Japan. :wink:

But the question is what Americans consider a performance or luxury car at the tail end of that report. The Yanks consider no car below 3.5l to be 'luxury', or below 300hp to be 'performance'. Performance to them is a European exotic, or for example, a Corvette. A baseline 'Vette is a 6.2l V8 428hp car. Price? About USD50k, less than a 320i to us. A top-of-the-line Corvette ZR-1 is a 638hp supercharged V8. Price? About USD100K, still cheaper than a 335i to us. A 325i is something they might buy for a teenaged daughter. All the 330s and 335s that I saw in suburban USA were driven by WOMEN. :eek:

supergripen;490189 said:
Are u talking about the FT86 concept? Is that what they're gonna call the production version?

Putting off my R34 GTR purchase to see how the Subaru version will turn out..Subaru fan myself.

I know you are a Scooby man Supergripen. Celica fans eagerly await the return of the Celica, and Scooby fans eagerly await the return of the Boxer to WRC action, even if it's under a Toyota hood. :)

docrayboy;490205 said:
It doesn't improve anything at all, David...iits one of the world's biggest rip offs according to CNN Money....its a waste of money going for performance petrols...Vpower etc

Check this link. Stop getting ripped off! save money for your kids' education!!

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/...ripoffs/7.html

I've read it elsewhere too Raymond, but about the bigger oil & gas game. O&G is fascinating to me. Slight correction, the biggest rip-off is the "Fully Synthetic oil" game. That's a real rip-off. The RON, MON and premium fuels game isn't a rip-off, it's just using advertising psychology. Something that's inherent in all advertising.

ULG95 and ULG97 does make different.
But with RM0.25 (which round up about 11%), both turn out to be the same (RON95 give me 360+km per tank, while RON97 is 400+km. In Average).
But I have more fun in RON97 :)
Vpower ? My mind says better, my butt don't know, my wallet disagree to my mind. :D

turbology;490313 said:
ULG95 and ULG97 does make different.
But with RM0.25 (which round up about 11%), both turn out to be the same (RON95 give me 360+km per tank, while RON97 is 400+km. In Average).
But I have more fun in RON97 :)
Vpower ? My mind says better, my butt don't know, my wallet disagree to my mind. :D

I echo turbology's statement above, every word of it, felt it through my 1.3L VVTi Avanza mini RWD MPV and E90 320i N46B20.

But both cars on company fuel and its restricted to Shell ULG95... what to do?! take it easy, take our time, the old town style loo :(

Schwepps;490234 said:
I know you are a Scooby man Supergripen. Celica fans eagerly await the return of the Celica, and Scooby fans eagerly await the return of the Boxer to WRC action, even if it's under a Toyota hood. :)

I read somewhere that Subaru are gonna hv their own version of the FT86..and unlike Toyota's version,it'll be turbocharged(wudn't have it any other way) and AWD.
Awesome..

The FT86 will be offered with 2 type of drive terrain, AWD (insisted by Fuji Industry) and RWD (insisted by Toyota). Target market for the FT86 are the Celica and MR2 owners.. so that give us a good estimate of pricing strategy and from the price, we can roughly work out how much juice they can pack into the car.

Fuji Industry intended to have their own version of the FT86 under their own Subaru brand and it will be an FI AWD.

Time will tell.

Have u all heard BMW Vision had got green light to go mass production?! :eek:
bmw_vision_front.jpg

sorry for drifted off topic.. :p

astroboy;490357 said:
Have u all heard BMW Vision had got green light to go mass production?! :eek:
sorry for drifted off topic.. :p

Ohhhhh.... I want, I want, I want... but after Malaysian taxes hit.. sure cannot afford already....

Top Bottom