Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ken!!! You are the 1st person I heard/know about changing the stereo system of the E90... How much you spend on it? I am really impressed with what you'd done too!!! Limitation is all the answer I've got when I am asking around anyone able to do it... Finally I found someone to proof to them the mission is POSSIBLE!!!

Any picture to go with it? HeeHee

TomJB;248031 said:
Ken!!! You are the 1st person I heard/know about changing the stereo system of the E90... How much you spend on it? I am really impressed with what you'd done too!!! Limitation is all the answer I've got when I am asking around anyone able to do it... Finally I found someone to proof to them the mission is POSSIBLE!!!

Any picture to go with it? HeeHee

Hi tom,
No picures as it looks completely original. Tell me about it, its the limitation tat we had to deal with. I'm really glad that i found the right person to sort things out. much easier for u since i've tried & dealt with all the errors. As i mentioned, took them 60 working hrs to make it possible. PM me when u r down in KL & u can try listening to it.

Spaceman;247603 said:
if you want to go for BWW rims, i think the CSL 19" is nice on E90 esp. when lowered. but its a bitch to clean the spokes! E46fanatics, get the 19" and you wont have to do it twice! 18" is not meant for our cars esp when you have the M-tech kit, trust me it wont satisfy you!

Called up autofuture, they have Breyton rims below prices below 10k, if you do get OEM BMW rims, they cost at least 8-10k as well.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this thread. Having read through the postings, seen some awesome pics! Also very informative and up-todate info sharing. BTW, mine is a 2005 CBU 320i. Thinking of upgrading wheels to 18" with staggered set-up. Got a quote of RM7500 for the M-Sport (used on current 325i sport) from AutoFuture which is cheaper than AB. Could go with non-RFTs but with inflater as back-up. Very much appreciate comments from you guys on the set-up.

Hello KJBee, welcome to the forums! Btw it's customary to introduce yourself to the members at the Newbies section first :)

After that, you can proceed to add yourself to the E9x Member's Registry:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10167&page=47

Damn... E9x members seem to pop out of nowhere these past few weeks! Haha...
I think we can hit 90 by the end of this year :rock:

KJBee, Does the RM7500 include tyres (I guess not)? 18" staggered will definitely look great. I'm also seriously considering this setup when my tyres are due for change, unless I can get a buyer for my current wheels + tyres :rolleyes: As for RFTs, the common consensus is to get rid of them as they're heavy and give an uncomfortable ride. I can't give any personal comments yet, as I have not been in an E90 without RFTs. But as far as my ride is concerned, I'm OK with it.

Add some lowering springs like the Eibach Pro-Kit and it'll look even better! Slap on the M-Tech kits and you are nearly done in the looks department!

Done the Newbie section and the E9x member's registry.

RM7500 does not include tires. With Dunlop tires will be RM10,500. Dunno how good this Dunlop - but for sure not up to the Conti/Michelin level as far as brand goes.

KJBee;248124 said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this thread. Having read through the postings, seen some awesome pics! Also very informative and up-todate info sharing. BTW, mine is a 2005 CBU 320i. Thinking of upgrading wheels to 18" with staggered set-up. Got a quote of RM7500 for the M-Sport (used on current 325i sport) from AutoFuture which is cheaper than AB. Could go with non-RFTs but with inflater as back-up. Very much appreciate comments from you guys on the set-up.

Welcome bro :rock: :rock:

The rims you're considering is going to be a real pain if you're the type who washes the car yourself....If someone else does it for you....why not....

Check out BBS CHs while you're at it....Have not seen any E90s in Msia with those on yet...

GHS requested me to share my pics so here it goes:

dsc02456.jpg

dsc02460.jpg

dsc02462.jpg

dsc02461.jpg

dsc02459.jpg

Wah I am digging the CF roof spoiler... Where did you get them and how much?

Also great choice on tyres! However, I was told that the ACS Type V doesn't fit the E90. Are those 2 tone Type IVs or Type V reps?

KJBee;248449 said:
Done the Newbie section and the E9x member's registry.

RM7500 does not include tires. With Dunlop tires will be RM10,500. Dunno how good this Dunlop - but for sure not up to the Conti/Michelin level as far as brand goes.

Try to ask for Toyo T1-R Proxes, they are the flagship performance tyres from Toyo. That's assuming you don't want to spend Conti/Michelin prices on the tyres.

Nice ride stevtan! Yeah the CF roof spoiler and door pillars looks good! I'm also interested in how much it costs/where to get.

E46Fanatic;248593 said:
Wah I am digging the CF roof spoiler... Where did you get them and how much?

Also great choice on tyres! However, I was told that the ACS Type V doesn't fit the E90. Are those 2 tone Type IVs or Type V reps?

CF roof spoiler got it from MD, around RM980. Forgot how much i got it for. Only remembered the advertised price =lol=

As for the Type V is it Rep, original the cap doesn't look like that and in addition to that, one of the spoke would have AC word on it.

GHS;248702 said:
Nice ride stevtan! Yeah the CF roof spoiler and door pillars looks good! I'm also interested in how much it costs/where to get.

Racecraft CF roof spoiler : RM980 Motorsport Division
Yaris Door Pillars : RM450 Redzone Motorsports

I got myself AC pedals & footrest today!

Also Black Grill and CF roundels for front and back. =heh heh=

Now it looks so different. Will try to post the pics soon. :)

Anyone know if there is any other choice of plate holder instead of the normal BMW plate holder. Now that my car look so dark, with all CF look and BLACK GRILL. The side of the plate holder which is silver color look so awful on my car. *SIGH* I need to do something about it.

Hopefully tomorrow I have the time to replace the tail light with the smoked light :)

stevtan;248780 said:
Anyone know if there is any other choice of plate holder instead of the normal BMW plate holder. Now that my car look so dark, with all CF look and BLACK GRILL. The side of the plate holder which is silver color look so awful on my car. *SIGH* I need to do something about it.

Bro,
I didnt like the silver border either so I just stuck my plate straight on the car without any holder!!!

E90i008a.jpg

E90i012a.jpg

Rimsukan;244044 said:
Thanks dude :top:

If can get better than RM1,100 & its OEM I'm in.

Let me start.

Group Buy

Blacklines

1. Rimsukan
2. Cobra Kai

meinauto;244357 said:
Anyone else? Group buys can be for anything....but you need at minimum 5 people to make this worthwhile

Blacklines will be OEM

Bro stevtan...
---Bump---

stevtan, u from penang ?

I met someone at Redzone who was doing the mods there too.... just wondering

I noticed on bimmian.com there were xenon light mods for E90 foglights, interior lights & licence plate lights. I wonder what everyone thinks of those mods? I always thought our E90 OEM foglights look kinda dim relative to our xenon headlights.

Top Bottom