Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Great! The kits finally arrived...
Looking forward to fix mine when I'm back at the end of the month...

At the airport now, flying to Bangkok till end of the week for work... Here are some pics taken earlier today at the car park in KLCC Conv Center of my new mod.. I can't stop staring at her now :)

E46F you champion!!!
You went for the splitters :rock:
Looks really really good bro..

I opted out from the CF splitters guys and went with a different option..
Here's what it looks like....

E90i008a.jpg

E90i007a.jpg

E90i006a.jpg

GHS;244615 said:
Btw, has anyone fixed the rear roof spoiler on the E90? How much $$$? Can post some pics pls?

Other then the ACS roof spoiler that are in the market now this is a new one from Hamann that has just arrived :rolleyes:

E90i001.jpg

E90i002a.jpg

E90i004a.jpg

Bro bmrocket, recently u do a lot of mods huh. Way to go! :rock:

How much for the splitters and the rear roof spoiler?

How different is the Hamann roof spoiler compared with the AC and OEM ones?

So envy you guys larrrr....... Nice mods!

E46F, your car look so much difference now with the kit.

Bmrocket, it seems like a never ending for you to keep modifying your car. Keep it up! hehehehe....

Fun Jin, Congrats on finally installing the M Kit. Looks wonderful with the splitters :) Post some shots of the rear, so we can see what the difuser looks like..

Rocketman, your add on to the M kit looks interesting. Never seen that variation before. What is it ? Good choice with the rear....The roof spoiler makes that ass look even sexier.....

Im quite keen on having the rear trunk + roof spoiler fitted. I think there is room for improvement in that department. Anyone know the costings ?

GHS;246837 said:
How much for the splitters and the rear roof spoiler?
How different is the Hamann roof spoiler compared with the AC and OEM ones?
Bro GHS,
The splitters are about the same as the MTech CF splitters RM2,700 (pair)
The roof spoiler is RM2,000 - both unpainted

I'm pretty sure KL2DC's ride (Ralf) has the ACS roof spoiler on it if you wanna look for his previous posts but i don't think there are any OEM ones.

Bimmer910;247026 said:
Im quite keen on having the rear trunk + roof spoiler fitted. I think there is room for improvement in that department. Anyone know the costings ?

Bro,
My roof spoiler and front wing MTech add-on is from Hamann.
Both newly released and just arrived in Autofuture..

The original MTech boot spoiler is RM800 but i went with a replica which cost RM450..I'm not sure what the ACS ori or replica boot spoilers are going for bro..sori..
The only other roof spoiler i've seen around is also from ACS..

Nice! Please share better pics of your car E46Fanatic. What about you JPB? M kit?

JPB's car is still very much a virgin! Dunno what is he waiting for ??? Too love his car and like dare not harm her. Hehehehe...

My car looks like its now missing a nice set of wheels and some mild lowering. I think if anything, I'll stop at that and hold back on any other mods :).

BMW rims seem like the logical choice for me, as I think 19's are a bit too big for me for practical use (although it looks killer!), and they are cheaper than say ACS, Hartge, Breyton rims. Also want staggered setup on 18's and ACS doesnt have any staggered setup for 18's.

Also hard to find an easy to clean rim design as I probably wash my own car a couple hundred times a year!

E46Fanatic;247543 said:
My car looks like its now missing a nice set of wheels and some mild lowering. I think if anything, I'll stop at that and hold back on any other mods :).

BMW rims seem like the logical choice for me, as I think 19's are a bit too big for me for practical use (although it looks killer!), and they are cheaper than say ACS, Hartge, Breyton rims. Also want staggered setup on 18's and ACS doesnt have any staggered setup for 18's.

Also hard to find an easy to clean rim design as I probably wash my own car a couple hundred times a year!

Shucks! I understand your dilemma but must insist that lowering and larger wheels are a must! I would love to join you on your shopping excursions tho, but can't quite think of a E90 18" rims that would satisfy your requirements except the ones I bought from Meinauto. Try checking with Velocity whether he wants to keep his rims or not since he's collecting his E92 335i tomorrow, heh!

E46Fanatic;247543 said:

Get the Eibach Pro-Kits! Car will look really good when it's lowered. I even got compliments from the tyre shop guys when I sent my car for alignment after lowering :D

if you want to go for BWW rims, i think the CSL 19" is nice on E90 esp. when lowered. but its a bitch to clean the spokes! E46fanatics, get the 19" and you wont have to do it twice! 18" is not meant for our cars esp when you have the M-tech kit, trust me it wont satisfy you!

Called up autofuture, they have Breyton rims below prices below 10k, if you do get OEM BMW rims, they cost at least 8-10k as well.

bmrocket;247109 said:
Bro,
My roof spoiler and front wing MTech add-on is from Hamann.
Both newly released and just arrived in Autofuture..

The original MTech boot spoiler is RM800 but i went with a replica which cost RM450..I'm not sure what the ACS ori or replica boot spoilers are going for bro..sori..
The only other roof spoiler i've seen around is also from ACS..

Replicas available from Redzone, sunway - ACS roof spoiler Rm 480-00 unpainted, M-tech & ACS boot spoiler - Rm 380-00 unpainted, Shark-fin - RM 199 painted.

Also theres a promotion on the ACS PU replica add-on (front bumper + rear bumper + side skirts = RM1999, unpainted)

While i was at motorsports division (sunway), there was a e90 320i that had just installed the REMUS exhaust kit. Very nice sound, but unfortunately for 3k+ only the cat back..... a bit pricey....:eek:

sound system

I've just completed my sounds system upgrade. It was really difficult as i wanted to retain everything as stock as possible. Using the stock head unit & retaining the size of the original component speaker. It was a real challenge as the original speakers is 2 way system with tweeter & 4inch mid tat is only 60mm thick. I had not many options and the closes set i could find as a hertz component system which would fit perfectly w/t drilling or changing the side wall. Added on an abyss 4 channel (4x100w) amp. The 4 channel amp will drive the 2 way component speaker as well as a 6 inch bass speaker tat uniquely sits under our e90 front seat. Amp fits perfectly in the boot by custom making a new board (very neatly done). Also added on some sound proofing in the front doors. Rear speakers retain original. Installation took 12 hrs. Was damn excited but when we turn on to test, there was hizzing sound due to interference of the RCA cable & signal was low from original headunit.
Next day, we changed to a thicker set of Vanderhull RCA and managed to detect the right signal (add a line driver) and matched with wireworld speaker cables. The above process to get the perfect signal took the shop 36 working hrs as they had to be super careful not to interupt with original wires.
Final 12 hrs was spend on fine tuning the amp & sound. After 60 working hrs, i'm finally smiling like a happy man on marijuana!:wink: :wink: I can now enjoy the traffic jams instead of getting frustrated before. It was a fantastic experience doing up an e90 cause of the limitations and complexity of the car. for me, using original headunit and retaining original speaker position and size, its really as good as i can ask for. Every penny worth spending!!! I'll be looking forward to share the sound with u all during our next meet up.

Top Bottom