Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I don't use the foglights much, but it would be nice if can change them to HID for a reasonable price. :wink:

I see quite a lot of these ads in the magazines where they can convert the E90 foglights to HID, but never knew how much they cost.

bmrocket;248793 said:
Bro,
I didnt like the silver border either so I just stuck my plate straight on the car without any holder!!!

I am thinking of spraying the plate holder to body color. he heh.

Without the holder look weird too :(

Got myself the black line tail light and eye lid today!

No time to take pics yet, will do when free.

GHS;248996 said:
I don't use the foglights much, but it would be nice if can change them to HID for a reasonable price. :wink:

I see quite a lot of these ads in the magazines where they can convert the E90 foglights to HID, but never knew how much they cost.

I have been asking around for the HID conversion on foglights,

as long as it's H11 HID kit, it can be installed but you need to install an addition relay to avoid the bulbs from blinking due to change of AC/DC power supply when your engine starts.

You can also find PIAA H11 HID KIT specially made for E90 foglights but it cost around RM3500.

stevtan;249075 said:
I am thinking of spraying the plate holder to body color. he heh.
Without the holder look weird too :(
Got myself the black line tail light and eye lid today!
No time to take pics yet, will do when free.

Maybe the black plate on sapphire black better than on SG kut...

GHS;249649 said:
Wah stevtan, u do things really fast :top:

nah, just quite free these days! In addition, I have to do everything on the car then only i can get to rest and sleep well!

got my foglight replace with HID kit yesterday! Now I am done with my car in a month time.

Left only the exhaust where stock will only come in two months time. :(

stevtan, did you get error message (after installing HID FOG) from the on board computer?

Spaceman;249930 said:
stevtan, did you get error message (after installing HID FOG) from the on board computer?

NOPE, that's because the HID installed together with addition bulbs hide inside the bumper. HEHEHE

the COM will only measure the watts coming from the ORDINARY BULBS ... so no error message

you can also avoid this buy resetting the COM, (need to send back to AB) and they charge about RM100 to RM200 for that, and warranty for FOGLIGHTS will be voided.

So I CHEAT, heheheeh and in case anything happen that I need to claim warranty, then I will take out the HID and put back original.

stevtan;248778 said:
As for the Type V is it Rep, original the cap doesn't look like that and in addition to that, one of the spoke would have AC word on it.

Bro, since you have fitted 18" on the 320i, would like to know if you suffer any significant decrease in performance - acceleration, top speed etc.

Also, did you trade-in your original rims + tyres? How much?

stevtan;249929 said:
got my foglight replace with HID kit yesterday! Now I am done with my car in a month time.

Left only the exhaust where stock will only come in two months time. :(

Hi Bro. Foglight is yellow color, there is a reason why its yellow. Then on can shoot thru rain and fog.

There are HIDs offer in 3000K yellow bulbs which i saw on the website. 3000K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K...

but 6000K is the ideal color, the higher the rating the poorer it gets. coz its getting more purplish and it sucks during heavy downpour at nites...

I had thought about how the foglights on Malaysian cars are usually halogen (slightly yellowish when compared to Xenons), like on the stock E90. In Europe I used to see really yellow (or amber) foglights, and I remembered years ago, the first-gen Wiras also had yellow foglights. Is there a reason why our foglights aren't yellow like the Europeans? Is it because their weather is a lot foggier than ours?

Anyway, I was thinking that since both halogen/HIDs are good enough for our headlights including in the rain, then HIDs should be ok for foglights too. But perhaps we should go for a more yellowish colour for safety reasons? I don't know too much about this yet.. still a newbie at all these stuff. Most of what I know I learn from all the posts in this forum, hehe!

GHS;249993 said:
Bro, since you have fitted 18" on the 320i, would like to know if you suffer any significant decrease in performance - acceleration, top speed etc.

Also, did you trade-in your original rims + tyres? How much?

Well, if you ask me I didn't notice any decrease in performance. However please bear in mind that I got my car for not long and I have already replaced with 18" so I don't think I can notice if there is any difference. All I know is I am quite happy with the new tyres. It's perfect during heavy rain.

TOP SPEED? I heard top speed is 200km but I only manage to go 180 so far. Haven't got the chance to go up highway. =lol=

soorian;249998 said:
Hi Bro. Foglight is yellow color, there is a reason why its yellow. Then on can shoot thru rain and fog.

6000k is alright compare to original, it's much brighter and together with our original 4300k headlight, it gives very clear view.

Since our headlight is slightly yellowish.

6000k = WHITE actually can shoot through rain, as long as you don't put 8000k which gives you nothing during rain. =lol=

stevtan;250701 said:
Well, if you ask me I didn't notice any decrease in performance. However please bear in mind that I got my car for not long and I have already replaced with 18" so I don't think I can notice if there is any difference. All I know is I am quite happy with the new tyres. It's perfect during heavy rain.

TOP SPEED? I heard top speed is 200km but I only manage to go 180 so far. Haven't got the chance to go up highway. =lol=

Stevtan, I am moving-up from 16". Would like to know what tire combination and make are you using. Are you on RFT?

i somehow think HID with higher temperatures are not really suitable in our country where it rains all-year round...reduced visibility during raining i guess.

anyhow, why is it called Bi-Xenon ? ok, i can take that the projector is xenon, but the angel-eye bit, is it xenon ?

WOW U GUYS R GOOD.....N LIKE BROTHERSSS..I SALUTE FOR U ALL BIMMERS E90 AND OTHER..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ,,ME THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE..REGARDS BRO tq vm d

Top Bottom