Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
xero200;241424 said:
As for the tires, i got the falken F452 235/35/19 for all 4 of them....dunno if they're 8.5 or 9 inch...(not too savvy here...:p)

But thanks for the wonderful advise!!! Cheers!

Yeah E60 offsets are too aggressive for E90, won't fit.

Hmmm 235/35/19 is my front fitment, I think you're running 8.5 inch width non-staggered. I also think you're running at an ET40 or ET45 setup, from the pics.

I'd bring down the rear to ET30 with minimum 10mm spacers, just like how I did it. My CHs are ET40 and 9.5 inches at the rear. If you look at my pic you can see how nicely the rears fill in the rear fenders because of the spacers. This is what's missing on your ride, imho. Its all in the details :top:

DSC06368.jpg

I have no issues with quality spacers. I go with nothing less than Rogue Engineering spacers which come with extended bolts. I don't see how spacers can degrade the ride, some say it affects the handling subtly (because of the wider rear track/width) but I have yet to notice the difference. On the contrary, I feel the car grips better with the spacers, imho - more planted in the rear.

I have a set of 15mm Rogue Engineering spacers with the bolts. They've been used for less than a year and its still on good condition. If you like, I can sell them to you. Make me an offer, they cost $115 brand new. I'll even throw in the OEM Saab black bolt caps that are a nice finishing touch.

I agree with you on the foglights. Good call.

By all means, debadge that car. Who cares what people think, a nice clean car deserves a nice clean rear :rock:

To debadge, get some good dental floss or soft fishing line.

Heat the badges up thoroughly with a hair dryer, to loosen the glue.

Then slowly work your way through the adhesive backing with the floss/line.

Use so goo gone for the remainder of the adhesive.

Polish out the remaining residue and voila, you're all done.

xero200;241583 said:
Good suggestion JPB aka john. ummm where to get raffia string?

You're kidding rite?

Eh, come over my place la and I'll do it for you. Also, I can give that area a free wax and EGP treatment.

Dammit E46F! We've been on the phone quite a bit this week and you never mentioned the Germin GPS! Summore I was just at Digital Mall last weekend! I'm quite keen to get it and agree the bigger widescreen would be nice! So, count me in on the group buy!

KL2DC;241659 said:
Yeah E60 offsets are too aggressive for E90, won't fit.

Hmmm 235/35/19 is my front fitment, I think you're running 8.5 inch width non-staggered. I also think you're running at an ET40 or ET45 setup, from the pics.

I'd bring down the rear to ET30 with minimum 10mm spacers, just like how I did it. My CHs are ET40 and 9.5 inches at the rear. If you look at my pic you can see how nicely the rears fill in the rear fenders because of the spacers. This is what's missing on your ride, imho. Its all in the details :top:

DSC06368.jpg

I have no issues with quality spacers. I go with nothing less than Rogue Engineering spacers which come with extended bolts. I don't see how spacers can degrade the ride, some say it affects the handling subtly (because of the wider rear track/width) but I have yet to notice the difference. On the contrary, I feel the car grips better with the spacers, imho - more planted in the rear.

I have a set of 15mm Rogue Engineering spacers with the bolts. They've been used for less than a year and its still on good condition. If you like, I can sell them to you. Make me an offer, they cost $115 brand new. I'll even throw in the OEM Saab black bolt caps that are a nice finishing touch.

I agree with you on the foglights. Good call.

By all means, debadge that car. Who cares what people think, a nice clean car deserves a nice clean rear :rock:

Thanks for your recommendation KL2DC. Man, you gotta be this forum's walking BMW encylopedia...

What do you mean by ET? what's the abbreviation for? After lowering the car with the Eibach Prokit, for the front, i can't barely chuck a finger in, as for the rear, the fender's covering the wheel, even lower than the picture you posted. The pict i posted of my car earlier was before i did the eibach prokit, but now, it's really low...

As for the spacers, why don't you have a look at my car when you get back and perhaps we can see if it's still viable...but thanks for your offer!

Ok, will debadge the car this weekend...now that everyone's been talking about clean shave....

Juan Powerblow;241693 said:
You're kidding rite?

Eh, come over my place la and I'll do it for you. Also, I can give that area a free wax and EGP treatment.

hahahaha! sorry bro, not much of a hands on person...yeah sure, let's meet up over the weekend and get rid of the sticker!

KL2DC;238011 said:
:The roundel should be on your way...regular air mail envelope. Cheers.

Bro KL2DC :shakehands: Thxs!

It has arrived :party:

I guess thats why they call it :slug: mail..took 10 days to get here!

Will post some pics soon as i get a chance to stick them on...

bmrocket: hey glad you received it. I think there might've been some delay going out, my assistant was handling it. But nonetheless they arrived safe and sound :D

E46Fanatic;241597 said:
I got it off Joanne 0127092495. Its a local unit not parallel import. Let her know you're from the BMW club. You can meetup with her at Digital Mall sect 14 PJ. The widescreens are very tempting as they look much nicer, but cost double or more.. so I decided to not spend so much. Also the beginer unit is the easiest to use cos it has least features and functions LOL.

I find myself not needing to use it to find places as much as just enjoying the map and movement view when in car. Also today, from Bangsar to a customer place in Raja Laut KL, the Nuvi guided me to the shortest route way which I would have never taken on my own. Quite impressive. Thank God there was no traffic jam..

Can you hook up the "Nuvi" to another screen ? say an 8" monitor .....

Bimmer910;242078 said:
Can you hook up the "Nuvi" to another screen ? say an 8" monitor .....

Erm.. I don't think so.. The Nuvi is a handheld device meant for automotive GPS and can be easilly swaped from car to car. However, higher end models have bluetooth connectivity which is supposed link with your phone to display your phone SMSes etc on the display.

KL2DC;242037 said:
bmrocket: hey glad you received it. I think there might've been some delay going out, my assistant was handling it. But nonetheless they arrived safe and sound :D

They did bro KL2DC..they did :cool:

E90g008.jpg

E90g003.jpg

E90g005.jpg

wow that looks great.

Congrats once again for playing and winning KL2DC's Super Duper BCM E90 Trivia Challenge Round 1 Extravaganza :party:

Stay tuned for Round 2....:rock:

Maybe I'll post some questions today and hand deliver the next prize, I just thought of it ...d'oh :rolleyes:

Btw, for those waiting on the M-Tech kit from Stuttgart, Ivan called yesterday and informed that it should be in by next week. Keep your fingers crossed...

hi guys, sorry for the long absence, been busy lately.... my dad was driving the my car the other day and apparently he complained that the car is too bouncy on schnitzer springs... anyone one got any idea what is this all about.... i guess it the installiation.... something seems not right... .everytime i go over a bump... there seems to be a loud bang sound as if metal hit against metal..... can anyone advise where to get it sorted or fixed.... I went to obermaier to get it installed.

Bro, that doesnt sound right.
I'm riding on AC springs to but not experiencing any of that.
Better get it checked out where you got them installed.

Nope, neither do i with the Eibach Prokit. Btw, i had a horrendous experience in the car park a day back...scrapped the body kit in the parking lot and dented the front right fender...brought it back to The Next Level and they replaced my grill and painted it back for me...all for FREE!!! Pretty good customer service and professional...I highly recommend any of you going to do your bodykit to go there...

GHS;242342 said:
Btw, for those waiting on the M-Tech kit from Stuttgart, Ivan called yesterday and informed that it should be in by next week. Keep your fingers crossed...

Yea, I'm pretty excited about this too. Then the pressure is on to do something about the rims and ride height. Sigh..

Top Bottom