Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Btw... :laugh: ... I should probably save this for the next trivia but here goes.

Not only is my nickname as suggested but its also representative of both my wife's and my initials, hence the 2 DC :D

Bimmer910;240478 said:
I think E46F made a very good point sometime ago.

An ECU remap works best after you have done other stuff to your car. Eg exhaust, Intake etc. The ECU detects the additional HP and programmes the fuel efficiency etc to match the modifications. So you will maximize your engines capabilities. E46F, did i say that right ?

I was told the same thing bro..
Get mods on first b4 doing any remapping as it takes them into account...

bmrocket;240517 said:
I was told the same thing bro..
Get mods on first b4 doing any remapping as it takes them into account...

Only works if the tuner is fine tuning a standard map to reflect changes you have done...in other words, the tuner would have to be present. There are such tuners in Malaysia but am not sure if they are experience with the N52 engines.

In Singapore, as DY has mentioned before, BVO would be the place to go. Go to www.bmw-sg.com and do a search. You will see the results

If you go with a HIOP tune or something similar, it is very likely that all you would get is a standard map.

meinauto;240568 said:
Only works if the tuner is fine tuning a standard map to reflect changes you have done...in other words, the tuner would have to be present. There are such tuners in Malaysia but am not sure if they are experience with the N52 engines.

In Singapore, as DY has mentioned before, BVO would be the place to go. Go to www.bmw-sg.com and do a search. You will see the results

If you go with a HIOP tune or something similar, it is very likely that all you would get is a standard map.

Thxs for the good info bro meinauto..will do the search..

Motorsportdiv (Sunway) will have some german dude coming in early next month to personally do the mapping..
What kinda Q's should i be asking them?

If you guys are interested with the ecu remap, I can arrange Bernard of BVO to do it here in Malaysia. But he needs to know how many cars first. If I am not mistaken, his price is SGD 1,500 for the e90 325i. It just need few hours.

As for Obermaier, the price is RM 2,800 and you need to put your car there for 3 to 4 days. You may check with Freddie.

TomJB;240861 said:
So my qns here... After remap, will there be any unstable problem?

do it with a reputable brand and you should be fine. My MCS was remapped and never had a problem. Current car is also running fine with no problems but it is a piggy back

E90 Lumma Body Kit

hey guys,

here's my ride with the Lumma body kit. Sorry, i haven't had much time to take nicer pics yet, so these were taken from the Nokia N95...the front pic is more recent with eiback pro kit installation whilst the rear pic was taken before being lowered....will try to post more clearer pics in the next few days when i get te chance...

cheers!

xero200

Looking good. Love the dual exhaust. What are your plans for front fogs, are you gonna retrofit/mod foglight assembilies to fit the Lumma fronts?

Looking at your car, I'd lower it (planned already), debadge it (for cleaner rear) AND run some spacers at the rear. Looks like it needs it bad. What are the offsets in the rear? ET40?? Bring it out a little with 10 or even 12mm spacers. The optimal ET is 30 on the E90/91. What width size rear is that? 8.5 or 9 inch?

xero200

Looking good. Love the dual exhaust. What are your plans for front fogs, are you gonna retrofit/mod foglight assembilies to fit the Lumma fronts?

Looking at your car, I'd lower it (planned already), debadge it (for cleaner rear) AND run some spacers at the rear. Looks like it needs it bad. What are the offsets in the rear? ET40?? Bring it out a little with 10 or even 12mm spacers. The optimal ET is 30 on the E90/91. What width size rear is that? 8.5 or 9 inch?

I know my time with Ralf is running down, he will soon be under my sister's care. But I have at least one more mod coming.

DSC06305.jpg

My ACS lip which is being painted this week. I'll put them on with my painted grilles and then I'll be set...for now :D. Btw since the last pics, I have put back the original BBS caps and went down to 10mm spacers (15mm was rubbing).

DSC06327.jpg

Nice looking ride you have there xero200. It's definitely refreshing to see someone with the Lumina bodykit as most of our members are into M-Sport. Mine sharing where and how much you got the bodykit for, and also the dual exhaust pipes? :top:

KL2DC;241387 said:
xero200

Hi KL2DC,

Yeah, i love them twin exhaust as well, looks so much more sportier...as for the front fogs, i don't think they'll look good with the current body kit, so i'm not planning on putting/retrofitting any third party or OEM ones. To prevent the check lights from coming on, the original bulbs were not removed but tied to the side.

I've already lowered the car with eibach pro-kit, i think the camera pics have not done justice to the car, let me try some nicer pics of it once i'm a little more free to show you how much lower it is now. As for the offsets of the car....I haven't a clue! brought it to my friend's tire place, told me he's got a nice set of 19 inch RAYS G-Games 99B for the E90 and i got them...was mighty impressed with the weight of the rims, they're lighter than the original 17 inch with the RFTs. I actually wanted the M5 rims on my car, but seems nobody fits 5 series rims onto the 3 series...

As for the tires, i got the falken F452 235/35/19 for all 4 of them....dunno if they're 8.5 or 9 inch...(not too savvy here...:p)

But thanks for the wonderful advise!!! Cheers!

KL2DC;241387 said:
xero200

you think i should debadge the 325? hmmm...then everybody's going to think it's a 320i! (no offence!). could be cleaner though...

i heard spacers make the ride a little more bumpier...

rookie;241397 said:
Nice looking ride you have there xero200. It's definitely refreshing to see someone with the Lumina bodykit as most of our members are into M-Sport. Mine sharing where and how much you got the bodykit for, and also the dual exhaust pipes? :top:

Hi rookie! thanks! I got the entire kit with twin exhaust close to RM 4k from THE NEXT LEVEL at Sunway....they do a pretty good job and pretty professional...you should check them out!

i'm thinking of putting the sprint booster in next....my friend just installed it on his E60 523i and he's raving about it...and it's cheaper in SG for a mere $430

xero200;241427 said:
you think i should debadge the 325? hmmm...then everybody's going to think it's a 320i! (no offence!). could be cleaner though...

Bro xero200...
Love what you've done with your ride..
that kit looks great :rock:

Debadging does really make it cleaner on the rear..done it on mine already :wink:

Let them think wat they want..then u blow them away :burnout:

xero200;241428 said:
Hi rookie! thanks! I got the entire kit with twin exhaust close to RM 4k from THE NEXT LEVEL at Sunway....they do a pretty good job and pretty professional...you should check them out!

Bro..Is your twin exhaust a cosmetic extention or did u rework it thru the muffler? Any change in the exhaust sound?

Top Bottom