Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bmrocket;241443 said:
Bro..Is your twin exhaust a cosmetic extention or did u rework it thru the muffler? Any change in the exhaust sound?

thanks bmrocket! the twin exhaust works! the other exhaust on the right got piped out from the original muffler...i hope the performance won't be compromised...

looking at how everyone's asking me to debadge the car, think i'll do it to make it look cleaner...where do u do it? back at the bodykit shop eh?

You know how our non- iDrive E90's dash is rather plain... Well to spice up the drive a bit, I got a GPS unit and the car has been so much more interesting to drive. Highly recommended as an add-on for us poor E90 non-M sport souls, and the dash becomes better lit with gadgets esp at night.

The maps for PJ/KL is very good, and the device reads out when to turn etc to your destination. Also alerts you for speed traps and illegal U turns where the cops usually camp out to catch folks heh. Other notable nice to haves are preset locations for all sorts of Petrol stations, Restaurants, Parks, Recreation places etc nearby you. So just punch in on the screen if you wanna just take a road trip and the device tells you where to go. Also measures your speed as u are driving. Excellent driving aid for driving enthusiasts!

I got the lowest beginer Garmin Automotive GPS - Nuvi 200 for RM1099. Best RM1k spent so far on the car hehe.

xero200;241449 said:
thanks bmrocket! the twin exhaust works! the other exhaust on the right got piped out from the original muffler...i hope the performance won't be compromised...

looking at how everyone's asking me to debadge the car, think i'll do it to make it look cleaner...where do u do it? back at the bodykit shop eh?

You mean they punched out a new outlet from the muffler box? Can ah like that?
Are you getting a deeper/louder exhaust sound now?

No la bro..i just very gently peeled it off myself! B careful not to scratch the paint work tho!

E90f007a.jpg

E46Fanatic;241451 said:
You know how our non- iDrive E90's dash is rather plain... Well to spice up the drive a bit, I got a GPS unit and the car has been so much more interesting to drive. Highly recommended as an add-on for us poor E90 non-M sport souls, and the dash becomes better lit with gadgets esp at night.

The maps for PJ/KL is very good, and the device reads out when to turn etc to your destination. Also alerts you for speed traps and illegal U turns where the cops usually camp out to catch folks heh. Other notable nice to haves are preset locations for all sorts of Petrol stations, Restaurants, Parks, Recreation places etc nearby you. So just punch in on the screen if you wanna just take a road trip and the device tells you where to go. Also measures your speed as u are driving. Excellent driving aid for driving enthusiasts!

I got the lowest beginer Garmin Automotive GPS - Nuvi 200 for RM1099. Best RM1k spent so far on the car hehe.

that sounds real interesting. i saw them on a roadshow at 1U2 over the weekend...the Garmin reps...RM 1k is actually not bad....provided that there's actually accurate speed traps...how do they know? is it real-time?

bmrocket;241454 said:
You mean they punched out a new outlet from the muffler box? Can ah like that?
Are you getting a deeper/louder exhaust sound now?

No la bro..i just very gently peeled it off myself! B careful not to scratch the paint work tho!

E90f007a.jpg

ummm yeah...something like that! you should check it out...i could take some pics later and show u or we could meet up during your TT sessions....

peel it off gently yourself?? is it that easy to come off? don't you have to scrap it?

E46Fanatic;241451 said:

Bro E46F,
Looks cool but what size is the screen? Old man's eye can see ah from drivers seat? Seems you've set it quite far forward on the dash? Is map data stored in the unit and what abt map upgrades?

xero200;241455 said:
that sounds real interesting. i saw them on a roadshow at 1U2 over the weekend...the Garmin reps...RM 1k is actually not bad....provided that there's actually accurate speed traps...how do they know? is it real-time?

The speed traps are a community effort, basically folks contributing on where the cops are or what mile/road was written on the saman and uploading the cordinates to malsingmaps.com. We have just periodically download them to update the device so that we know where are the hotspots. So its not a radar/laser detector, but the warnings alert you to slow down in high risk areas.

The speed reading on the unit is more accurate than the speedo on the car. For land speed records, they use the same technology i.e. speed is measured using the GPS :).

xero200;241458 said:
ummm yeah...something like that! you should check it out...i could take some pics later and show u or we could meet up during your TT sessions....

peel it off gently yourself?? is it that easy to come off? don't you have to scrap it?

Would love to checkout your ride bro xero200..
I'm actually waiting for a bolt on Remus quad exhaust kit which shld arrive next month!

Can peel off bro..its just a stick on..coverd the screwdriver tip with some cloth n slipped it under the badge and peeled it off. Each digit is a separate piece but must b willing to lose the badge cuz it might snap....i broke the "3" but the rest were saved

bmrocket;241465 said:
Can peel off bro..its just a stick on..coverd the screwdriver tip with some cloth n slipped it under the badge and peeled it off. Each digit is a separate piece but must b willing to lose the badge cuz it might snap....i broke the "3" but the rest were saved

Ive done debadging on previous rides... Its easiest if you park your car out in the hot hot sun for a few hours then attempt to debadge it. Alternatively a hair dryer helps :). Also get some good cleaner wax handy to buff off the leftover sticker/glue stain.

E46Fanatic;241451 said:

E46F

Interesting......how does it work on detecting speed traps?

bmrocket;241460 said:
Bro E46F,
Looks cool but what size is the screen? Old man's eye can see ah from drivers seat? Seems you've set it quite far forward on the dash? Is map data stored in the unit and what abt map upgrades?

Heh.. I believe its only a 3.5" screen, cos this is the base model. The higher end Nuvi 600 series are widescreen and bigger (~RM3k) but you should certainly be able to read the display from the driver's seat (I hope heh).

Maps are stored on the unit. So far the entire Malaysia and Singapore map is under 15MB heh. Malaysia Map is also free and more detailed than the what you get from the BMW navigation DVD for the iDrive units from what I understand.

E46,

Where exactly did you get the Garmin unit from? Agree with rocket that age catching up hard to see small screens. Been thinking of this but never felt the need for a GPS unit in KL especially.

Maybe a group buy - anyone else intested??

bmrocket;241465 said:
Would love to checkout your ride bro xero200..
I'm actually waiting for a bolt on Remus quad exhaust kit which shld arrive next month!

Ok bro, i'm going to try it this week!!! so did u try the sprint booster?

The best way to debadge your car is with a raffia string. Just slide it under the badge and use the string to cut off the glue via left right motion. Thereafter, as E46F said, use some spray wax or quik detailer to remove gluey residue.

xero200;241478 said:
Ok bro, i'm going to try it this week!!! so did u try the sprint booster?

Good luck bro :top:

If with that you mean the thingy they put under your accelerator pedal I didn't bro. I was made to understand that it gives quicker accelerator response but doesn't actually give any power increase!

Juan Powerblow;241529 said:
The best way to debadge your car is with a raffia string. Just slide it under the badge and use the string to cut off the glue via left right motion. Thereafter, as E46F said, use some spray wax or quik detailer to remove gluey residue.

Good suggestion JPB aka john. ummm where to get raffia string?

bmrocket;241563 said:
Good luck bro :top:

If with that you mean the thingy they put under your accelerator pedal I didn't bro. I was made to understand that it gives quicker accelerator response but doesn't actually give any power increase!

yeah bro, that's the gadget...! i guess it makes the car feel more responsive and get up to speed faster...rather subjective based on personal driving preferences i guess....seems like the singaporeans went gung ho with this product a year back...

danc;241472 said:
E46,

Where exactly did you get the Garmin unit from? Agree with rocket that age catching up hard to see small screens. Been thinking of this but never felt the need for a GPS unit in KL especially.

Maybe a group buy - anyone else intested??

I got it off Joanne 0127092495. Its a local unit not parallel import. Let her know you're from the BMW club. You can meetup with her at Digital Mall sect 14 PJ. The widescreens are very tempting as they look much nicer, but cost double or more.. so I decided to not spend so much. Also the beginer unit is the easiest to use cos it has least features and functions LOL.

I find myself not needing to use it to find places as much as just enjoying the map and movement view when in car. Also today, from Bangsar to a customer place in Raja Laut KL, the Nuvi guided me to the shortest route way which I would have never taken on my own. Quite impressive. Thank God there was no traffic jam..

E46Fanatic;241451 said:

Hi E46F,
Can the Garmin GPS system be fitted into other car make?

xero200;241587 said:
yeah bro, that's the gadget...! i guess it makes the car feel more responsive and get up to speed faster...rather subjective based on personal driving preferences i guess....seems like the singaporeans went gung ho with this product a year back...

I'm not surprised that our southern neighbours would bro cause from what i understand down there they cant even change the stock exhaust unless its govt approved! :eek:

Apart from the cosmetic work (which i feel is a must have :cool: ) I think I'd rather keep the RMs for mods that actually bring some gain like the ECU remap we've been talking abt here :burnout:

Top Bottom