Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ken;236881 said:
Have anyone heard of an exhaust system brand called 'arqray' .. its from japan. cheers

I've also asked around about bolt on exhaust kits...

Found the Remus kits (mufflers backwards), twin pipes or quad pipes for around RM3,450 - RM3,550 respectively...

Gruppe M

bmrocket;240018 said:
Guys,

If there's still interest in this i've checked around abit..
Best quote i've got so far is RM5,200...

Anyone????

My personal opinion....that is way too much to pay for the gain you get in HP and torque. One GM is equivalent to 2 ECU remapping

This is the wrong place to post this but just a feeler...thinking of letting my DPEs go...and no, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. Reason I am thinking of selling them is because I got my eyes on another set of wheels :stupid: (yes i know, i have been told)

Rims and tyres are brand new - about 5 weeks old. They have actually been taking off my car....So, if anyone is interested pls let me know...a good deal can be struck

Size of the rims are 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear

meinauto;240026 said:
My personal opinion....that is way too much to pay for the gain you get in HP and torque. One GM is equivalent to 2 ECU remapping

You're right bro meinauto..
So who would you recommend to talk to about ECU remapping???

bmrocket;240021 said:
I've also asked around about bolt on exhaust kits...

Found the Remus kits (mufflers backwards), twin pipes or quad pipes for around RM3,450 - RM3,550 respectively...

The remus kit looks reasonably priced. what sort of gain would you get - 8-10hp?

Wouldnt pay more than 2k for a cold air intake. Correct me if im wrong, but the E90s come with a pretty decent intake already.

I personally cant afford anything right now. Should have bought the car+house on loan, so ide have a fat B/balance to modify :stupid:

What did the lumma kit cost anyways ?

bmrocket;240170 said:
You're right bro meinauto..
So who would you recommend to talk to about ECU remapping???

Check with obermaier in a few days....maybe next week, when things have settled. Talk to Freddie. They get their tune from HIOP

bmrocket;239990 said:
I could'nt resist after seeing bro sebbie's ride during our last meet up :top:
Pick them up from motorsportdivision for RM430 (merdeka sale price lor)..

Rocketman, Thanks for the tip :top:

Thinking of a DIY for the grill actually. Cant be too hard to remove + replace can it .....
Probaby dechrome it with some hydrochloric acid and send it off for a Poly UV powder coat (similar to what i do with my furniture).... Only thing is the time factor.

Price wise RM 430 vs RM 30 :) RM400 savings = 1months supply of smokes.

Bimmer910;240328 said:
Rocketman, Thanks for the tip :top:
Thinking of a DIY for the grill actually. Cant be too hard to remove + replace can it .....
Probaby dechrome it with some hydrochloric acid and send it off for a Poly UV powder coat (similar to what i do with my furniture).... Only thing is the time factor.

I watched them replace it and you're right bro, it's not that difficult..only prob i could see is you need to be gentle to make sure the clips dont break...

Rm400 @ RM8.20 a pack = heavy smoker dude :listen:

meinauto;240257 said:
Check with obermaier in a few days....maybe next week, when things have settled. Talk to Freddie. They get their tune from HIOP

Yeah, the last I met Simon and spoke to him the ECU remap, they just brought in the adaptor for our E9x. His price is RM 2,800. Maybe we should check with Freddie in another week or two.

Bimmer910;240214 said:
The remus kit looks reasonably priced. what sort of gain would you get - 8-10hp?

Wouldnt pay more than 2k for a cold air intake. Correct me if im wrong, but the E90s come with a pretty decent intake already.

Good points guy's..I'm told that the GM intakes for the e90 are of the same price grouping with the units for porsches n the likes!!!

I'm still keen on the Remus quad kit tho..
I think the quoted hp gain is around that bimmer910..
Anybody know who else othr than motorsportdiv that carries the remus kit???

Also, are all ECU mappings the same??? :hmmmm2:
If not what are the differences?

Bimmer910;240328 said:

You could DIY...but painted grilles are more susceptible to rock chips/paint chippings, that's why the ABS plastic matte black grilles are a better bet.

My painted grilles will have paint on the surrounds with the inner slats left in black. Should be any day now...

Removing the grilles are the easiest thing. Just pull the grille evenly towards you, they snap on and off. Try not to do it too often, you might weaken the clips unnecessarily. The 'moustache' come off via torx screws ( I forget which size).

Spaceman;240395 said:
can 325i be remapped?

I think E46F made a very good point sometime ago.

An ECU remap works best after you have done other stuff to your car. Eg exhaust, Intake etc. The ECU detects the additional HP and programmes the fuel efficiency etc to match the modifications. So you will maximize your engines capabilities. E46F, did i say that right ?

E90 recommended alignment specs for 18" and 19" wheel setup...for your reference.

Pdf too large to attach, just PM me for the pdf when required.

E90alignmentspecs-1.jpg

I don't think there's much love out there for the N52 engines, all the major attention has been on the N54.

At least where I am, I haven't seen a reflash or piggyback that is worthy of widespread consideration. The N52 is pretty efficient as it is, even pricey CAI like Gruppe M don't exact much hp gain, just increase intake sound and aesthetics.

KL2DC;240476 said:
You could DIY...but painted grilles are more susceptible to rock chips/paint chippings, that's why the ABS plastic matte black grilles are a better bet.

My painted grilles will have paint on the surrounds with the inner slats left in black. Should be any day now...

Removing the grilles are the easiest thing. Just pull the grille evenly towards you, they snap on and off. Try not to do it too often, you might weaken the clips unnecessarily. The 'moustache' come off via torx screws ( I forget which size).

Good point. With my high miles, even if i triple coat it, the chips will show.

*sigh*

Bimmer910;240481 said:
Good point. With my high miles, even if i triple coat it, the chips will show.

*sigh*

Just throw me an offer...considering all manner of trades :laugh:

Bimmer910;240488 said:
DC2KL (return leg after all), is it your grill or a new one ?

My actual one, as nicely modeled by Ralf :top: I bought the grilles off modbargains.com, cost me $105 new, had it for about 4 months now, its in excellent condition.

Top Bottom